• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 27 years!

    Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $17,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $17 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

help me decide please

Zac495

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,038
Reaction score
50
Points
283
Location
Philadelphia, PA
I'm still waiting for a trade to Kauai. I need a specific week - July 10 - 17. I am using a gold 2 bedroom Aruba - I already deposited it. I have 2 hotel certs as back ups.

There are 4 of us - my husband and me - and the kids 14 and 11.

I opened up to both Kauai properties (Marriotts) and said I'd even take a one bedroom. Is there a mistake? the kids would be okay if the coach is comfortable - but I would be giving up the 2 bedroom Aruba. I would be able to use the certs elsewhere next year OR I could keep it at only accepting a 2 bedroom in Kauai - and using the certs if I don't get it. Then I could use the Aruba trade for something next summer...

We MUST have a king in the bedroom and a pull out in the living room - any chance of a queen or 2 doubles?

What do you think?
 
Last edited:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
2,650
Reaction score
21
Points
273
I'm still waiting for a trade to Kauai. I need a specific week - July 10 - 17. I am using a gold 2 bedroom Aruba - I already deposited it. I have 2 hotel certs as back ups.

There are 4 of us - my husband and me - and the kids 14 and 11.

I opened up to both Kauai properties (Marriotts) and said I'd even take a one bedroom. Is there a mistake? the kids would be okay if the coach is comfortable - but I would be giving up the 2 bedroom Aruba. I would be able to use the certs elsewhere next year OR I could keep it at only accepting a 2 bedroom in Kauai - and using the certs if I don't get it. Then I could use the Aruba trade for something next summer...

What do you think?
My girlfriend have been waiting for her Marriott Kaui trade for next summer for 6 months now, and she is also trading an Aruba Marriott Week. I think you would have come out better using your cert...but who knows. It also seems like the 1 year bulk deposits for next year should have come out in July. You also have the option to exhange with an owner if all else fails.
 

Zac495

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,038
Reaction score
50
Points
283
Location
Philadelphia, PA
My girlfriend have been waiting for her Marriott Kaui trade for next summer for 6 months now, and she is also trading an Aruba Marriott Week. I think you would have come out better using your cert...but who knows. It also seems like the 1 year bulk deposits for next year should have come out in July. You also have the option to exhange with an owner if all else fails.
I'm already deposited, so i can't owner exchange.
Is your girlfriend asking for a one or 2 bedroom? THANKS!
 

hot2trot

Guest
Joined
Jul 15, 2008
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Points
168
Location
Southern California
It is WAY too early to expect to receive your trade. I wouldn't take a one bedroom, Kauai Beach club has pretty uncomfortable sofa beds for a week. Waiohai are all two bedroom and don't lock off so if you get that property you will be fine. I would suggest making a reservation in a hotel with your points so you are guaranteed something. You can always cancel. You can wait up to two weeks before you travel to get your exchange. Many people cancel their requests because they want to know 2-3 months in advance and can't wait.

You are asking for a peak time. At KBC (kauai beach club) a very high percentage of owners use their time. Be patient. Start calling II next spring.
 

Icarus

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
4,095
Reaction score
0
Points
271
There's nothing wrong with the murphy beds at KBC. 1 BR units sleep 4 comfortably.

-David
 
Top