• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help me choose a resturant in P/V,please!!!

jimbosee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tugger's,***************** jimbosee,from Melbourne,Australia.On May 3rd 2009, we will be in Puerto Vallarta,and it will be my wife Pat's --birthday.I would like to take her,and another couple, to a restaurant with panoramic view,s of the city.The three that I am choosing from are;and we have not been to any of them;Le Kliff,Las Carmelitas,and El Panorama at Hotel Suites,La Siesta.All have very good reviews,but if someone has another favorite,please let me know.Thank you.Regards Jim Seedsman:hi: ******************************* jimbosee:hi:

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tugger's,***************** jimbosee,from Melbourne,Australia.On May 3rd 2009, we will be in Puerto Vallarta,and it will be my wife Pat's --birthday.I would like to take her,and another couple, to a restaurant with panoramic view,s of the city.The three that I am choosing from are;and we have not been to any of them;Le Kliff,Las Carmelitas,and El Panorama at Hotel Suites,La Siesta.All have very good reviews,but if someone has another favorite,please let me know.Thank you.Regards Jim Seedsman:hi: ******************************* jimbosee:hi:

It's been a while since we have been to PV but we did go to El Panorama and the views were awesome and I remember that the food was pretty good. We also took a tour around PV and they stopped at a restaurant for Lunch up in the mountains with a very nice stream and small waterfall. I think it was called Chico's paradise or something like that and we really enjoyed the entire tour and the setting and food (at Chico's paradise) was very nice.:cheer: :hi:

Grand Vic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to both Las Carmelitas and El Panorama and would recommend either. I think El Panorama has a little more ambience, but the views are great from either. Food was excellent at both.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also consider Barcelona Tapas, Vista Grill or El Palomar de las Gonzalez; all have great views. IMHO, of these and the ones you suggested, Las Carmelitas has the best view (it is higher up in the mountains) and the drive up to the resort is a fun experience. We thought the food was very good. My next choices would be El Palomar or Barcelona Tapas. Of all of the other places, Le Kliff is only one I would not recommend.
I haven't been to Hacienda San Angle but understand if you want a wonderful dining experience, pricey, with a view, this is a great place to go.

Grand Vic

TUG Member
Reaction score
A note about Las Carmelitas - they do not take credit cards, so be sure to carry cash. We learned the hard way, and if it had not been for some very nice people from Colorado, we would have had to go a LONG way down and a LONG way back up to settle our bill! :eek:

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
If you go to Barcelona tapas- and we LOVE it there- be sure to request the top floor when you make your reservation. It is amazing and the view is terrific. Watch the sunset at Cheeky Monkey bar before dinner. Beer and margaritas are only a dollar and the view is lovely. It is halfway down the Malecon above a jewelry store. The second floor is the restaurant and the third floor is the bar. It is overlooking the Malecon and the ocean for some great views! It was so odd to have two rounds of drinks and have the bill be $8 for the four of us!!

Mollie05

Reaction score
Barcelona Tapas

Barcelona Tapas gets my vote in a town loaded with several GREAT places to eat. I am trying to think of the other one that we love...it's been two years!, but you really have a huge selection of great restaurants in PV...that's why one should never stay at an AI in PV.

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barcelonas Tapas is great - but if you really want to splurge try Vista Grill - we had our birthday dinner there and it was fantastico!!! It's up on the hill- overlooking PV at the south end of town near Pulpito or Cafe des Artistes - lovely romantic setting in El Centro. Here is a decent review site for you http://banderasnews.com/restaurants/index.htm

Have a lovely time, we always do in PV...

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would 2nd the Vista Grill for a very special dinner. Pat will be awed in both the view, upclass atmosphere/decor, service and the wonderful cuisine. You can't go wrong. They are high-end, take VISA and truly cater to you.

The Vista Grill is also easy to get to. It is really close in town at the southern very end of PV. The view of the bay and lower city is very nice....a special place. Enjoy!
Marilynn

artlover

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Barcelona Tapas! And yes, make sure to get the top floor which has wonderful views. We liked it so much, we went there again and would go again next time we're in PV. Happy Birthday to your wife.:wave:

skim118

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yet another vote for Barcelona Tapas! We had an amazing sunset dinner; make sure you make a reservation in advance; our concierge in Westin booked us a nice table & we were seated ahead of the 5 other couples in the waiting area.

Food was excellent & I remember vaguely that they only took Amex.

Last edited:

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hasn't anyone been to Le Kliffs? We've been to all of those restaurants including Le Kliffs and I think for something really special, Le Kliffs beats them all, hands down. At least, it did 2 years ago when we went for Valentine's Day. It has a really spectatular setting, right on the cliffs above the ocean! It is very unique and has sometinng none of the rest have in it's setting on the cliff. Gorgeous sunset, too. The food was very good, altho it is expensive! You will never forget your time there, I think. It was our "once in a lifetime". It is harder to get to it tho. Our friends did have a car so we drove down. We don't usually drive in P.V. so we haven't been back since then. I think the taxi will probably be expensive. However, that said, all the other restaurants mentioned are excellent also. We also love Le Bistro! It's our favorite and we always go there at least once but it does not have a sunset view. It's a pretty setting on the river.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took 3 other couples with us to PV about two years ago (can't believe it's been that long!).

For our last evening out, we went to dinner at El Panamaro, and we had so much fun! We went out on the patio overlooking the city for photos, then went inside for dinner, where they had live music and if you ordered a special flambore dessert, they would jump on a table and play with fire, plus put a huge MX hat on you and take photos (yes, it sounds horribly touristy). But, again, we had so much fun and photos to remember it by.

Haven't been to the other recommendations mentioned.

jimbosee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help Me Choose a Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta,Please!!!

Hello Tugger's,
jimbosee,from Melbourne,Australia.Thank you to everyone for your suggestions,it will be either El Panorama,or Barcelona Tapas,with Vista Grill if we have a lot of money.Thanks again,Happy Thanksgiving.Regards Jim Seedsman:hi:

jimbosee:hi: