• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! for getting Feb 2013 at MMOC 13 mod out??

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Ahhhhh, okay! Thanks to ALL of you, especially you guys that have posted a few times to help this Marriott newbie out!!

I am STILL trying for my reservation for 2013. I can't keep taking off every Monday morning. Please God, could you send just a LITTLE help my way? :)

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon

Southern girl....

Do you mean to tell us that you have 2 plat weeks at moc (not Aruba) and there is no availability for either first/second week in February 2013 usng the13 month advantage.

Yikes:crash: :crash: :crash:

Part of the problem is that all of Hawaii is plat. So you have a ton of owners going for this,in addition to the fixed week owners and the MVCD owned units...

ldodd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I got in at 9:06 today 1/16 and there was no availibilty for Maui ocean front in the new section for 2/16. I own there plus a week at the older Maui section. The week was available for that unit but of course I couldn't reserve it since I couldn't book my ocean front.:wall: I never had this problem before the Destination Club went into effect - I was always able to get my first choice of Feb weeks.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I got in at 9:06 today 1/16 and there was no availibilty for Maui ocean front in the new section for 2/16. I own there plus a week at the older Maui section. The week was available for that unit but of course I couldn't reserve it since I couldn't book my ocean front.:wall: I never had this problem before the Destination Club went into effect - I was always able to get my first choice of Feb weeks.

It makes some sense to blame it on the advent of the DC, especially if prior to the DC Marriott released some/all of the units it owned toward Weeks usage. But certainly since the DC Marriott has no choice but to separate all intervals that have been conveyed to the DC Trust from the Weeks intervals, because theoretically every conveyed interval could be reserved by a DC Trust Member.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Aloha All!

Been out of town a few days, so just now getting back with you all!

And yes, dear Puckman, I own 2 Platinum float weeks at the Maui Ocean Club's new Napili towers, oceanfront. And yes, I have now called 3 Monday mornings in a row, dialing in and ready before 9:00 am EST, was the first call to an advisor on the first week I tried, and NOTHING available. 13 month window. And :wall: NADA. AUGH!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

I literally was dialing before/at 9am to be among the very first callers on the very first release dates. Tried it 3 weeks in a row. NOTHING. I could have booked a check in of Jan 11, 2013, but even then, could not have booked my desired consecutive lock-off weeks. We are willing to adjust our dates a tad forward or backward, but since February has been slower for our business the last couple of years, we felt that would be the best month to go. Again, I have tried for the very first week of Feb 2013, or any weeks immediately prior or afterward.

And ldodd, I am so sorry you are now having troubles too, after having NONE previously. It is BEYOND frustrating for this new member.

I feel VERY misled and betrayed by Marriott, particularly since right after we bought in Spring '09, this whole Marriott "points"/Destination Club thing came up. We were offered that when we stayed for the first time last Spring, but for us it seemed ludicrous that we would be asked to spend MORE, (and it wasn't a small amount), when we had spent over $60,000 (BIG ouch!), and made it patently clear that we would ONLY be staying there, at our home resort, AND that we would ONLY be interested in purchasing if we would be able to actually be able to BOOK at the MMOC Napili tower. Seems almost illegal.....or at minimum a large misrepresentation.

As a longtime DVC owner, I totally get the supply/demand thing. TOTALLY. But when I have a 1 month advantage over 1 week owners, and I have been the 1st call on the 1st possible moment, and repeated the same above scenario 2 more times now, and STILL nothing (again, with me being flexible on when those 3 weeks as long as part of that stay was in February at minimum...... AUGH! I am continually checking online for 12 mo. inventory, and I am calling in regularly as well in case someone has cancelled or rescheduled. If this problem is indeed largely caused by the DC, I think we "weeks" owners should revolt!!! :annoyed:

Thanks for letting me vent, and once again, thank you all for your much appreciated advice and tips. I'll take all I can get!! :D

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

If you call right away at the 12-month mark for each week you want you should be successful. At least that has been my experience. This 13-month problem in Maui seems to be only for February.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, BocaBoy, I am praying that you are correct re: 12 month booking window(s). Tomorrow will be my FOURTH week in a row to be dialing, dialing at 9am EST (& trying online simultaneously), to get a reservation that is somewhat close to what we really needed. I continue to check online often as well as calling occasionally in case someone cancels or changes their res......

Wish me luck, everyone!! I am thankful for everyone's advice, tips and info. Thank you!! :wave:

pipet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai, Marriott Shadow Ridge
The "Market Average" is 100. How then can all weeks be equal to or higher than 100? Average would mean that about half are below and about half are above. More exactly, if you were to add all the numbers up for all 52 weeks and divide by 52, you should come out to around 100.

Except, the market avg is supposed to be for all timeshares, everywhere. Some places have *extremely* low demand to make up for HI's always average or better demand. What is stinky is that most HI Marriott weeks are floating "Platinum" (with some fixed week exceptions), even though there clearly are times of only average demand. This leads to the frustration evidenced by OP. The only good thing I can say about it is that it's not as bad as the Newport Coast plat (with a good portion of the "plat" weeks being under avg demand).

Southerngirl, wishing you luck with your reservation, & hopefully you'll get enough out of TUG to make up for any crap that the sales agent promised!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One thought that I just realized was possible while I was searching availability. I noticed you can search with just the LO or the 1BDRM. Perhaps you can secure each side separately and have Marriott put together for a 2 BDRM. Not sure if its possible but I thought I recalled someone else taking this approach successfully.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Pipet & Moxjo!

Thank you for your kind words, and for the ideas. Yesterday was my 4th Monday to try to book 13 months out on the 1st day of inventory release, and I STILL have no reservation! AUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! I am weary of changing shifts to try to make this happen, but apparently I am not alone. :(

Moxjo, I was kind of wondering the same thing. January 2013 has had some mid-month availability, but only with the Master & Guest/Studio. NO "Full Villas". If anyone knows the feasibility of "combining" those 2 separate parts of the lock off to be a 2 bdrm, I'd love to know about it. Having worked for DVC and as a longtime member, I cannot recall ever being able to "combine". Maybe Marriott can??

And Pipet, you are certainly correct about TUG! You ALL have been so much help. I will definitely post whenever I can FINALLY book a reservation that's at least CLOSE to the dates we need (being month of Feb. as much as possible). I'll post after I stop listening to the angels that I KNOW will sing when that heavenly moment happens!! :cheer:

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are now at the 12 month mark of what you originally wanted, it would be worth trying to get it one week at a time at the 12 month mark online on Wednesdays. Grandted if you want multiple weeks in a row, you will have to do this each Wednesday.

I tried to get January 19th originally at the 13 month mark and didn't get it. I tried last week on Wednesday at the 12 month mark. I got up at 5:30 and got my computer ready. At 5:55 I logged on and started refreshing the screen until after 6am. The only reason I was able to do this is beacuse for some reason January 13th was available. Otherwise the calendar would have nver shown up for MOC. It was 6:02 before I saw anything new come up, and then I briefly say a January 20th come and go. Never the 19th which is what I wanted. I got discouraged and booked my other week that I wanted at another resort. Before I turned my computer off at 6:20 to go back to bed I went and checked one more time, and there it was all by itself. I don't know if someone threw it back, or if it just took a while to show up. I grabbed it.

Monika

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha TUG Neighbors!

I swear that trying to book for Maui in February is an aerobic activity! :rolleyes: I am plumb tuckered out!!! lol

Once again, on the phone AND on the web, trying, trying, praying to get my reservation...... and DRUMROLL PLEASE....... I WAS ABLE TO GET 1 WEEK of my desired 3 week reservation!!! (cue angels singing!) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I was able to book the full villa for arrival on Jan. 26, 2013. I am thrilled!!! :clap:

One thing I need confirmation about is the difference in booking consecutive weeks at the 13 month vs 12 month window. I was shocked to find out that even though I had grabbed my 1st wk in the full villa for 1/26/13, I was NOT able to book my consecutive weeks as I would have been able to at the 13 month window, according to my advisor today. What I mean is that I have learned that even though I called in as 1st call, 1st moment for the first weekend in Feb, 2013, ( 4 wks ago) only to find zero inventory, is that mbrs that called in to arrive sometime in January, could have already booked out through Feb even thought that inventory was not yet "released". Which was apparently why there was nothing when I called. For me, now comes the tricky part. I am now calling at the 12 mo windows, and assumed that like the 13 mo rule, I could go forward into "unreleased" inventory for my consecutive weeks, as long as the 1st week I wanted was available per inventory release calendar. NO such luck. The story I got was that 12 mo release is DIFFERENT. I can NOT reach forward with my consecutive weeks as I could have had I been able to grab my 1st week at the 13 mo release. Is this indeed correct, experts??? Kind of blew my mind.....

BUT, the incredibly wonderful terrific, (thank you, God!!), news is that I have my full villa for the 1st week on dates that will work nicely for us!!!! YIPPEE!!!! Now my prayer is that getting the Master & Studio on the 2nd & 3rd weeks won't be nearly so bad. I'm thinking POSITIVE thoughts about that!!!!! :D

I really, really, REALLY appreciate the wonderful tips, tricks and details you all have provided me. And I am VERY thankful for your words of encouragement. Thank you all soooooooo much!! I will let you know when I am able to get more of my res.

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
one more little gotcha

Let's say you own 2 weeks in Hawaii. At 13months you can probably call in and get a 2bdrm at KoOlina (lots of rooms there, should be easy). Split that room so that you can spend one week in the one bdrm and 1 week in the studio. Now, while I'm on the phone, I should also be able to book week 3 at Napali towers, and probably split that for week 4.

Sounds like another reason (besides the very limited inventory) why getting into the towers might be difficult.

I'm glad I didn't upgrade. I was kicking myself at the time, but things seem to have worked in my favor.