• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help for a friend - Wyndham Deeds

Jensen44

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend who is elderly and now disabled and can no longer use her Wyndham points. I have been reading tons of information, but still unclear on how to help her. I just don't want to make any wrong decisions in helping her. She wants to sell/get rid of her timeshares. Here is what I know of the two.
Wyndham deed, Branson Meadows, 203,000 annual points, originally purchased for $16,360. Total annual fees currently $1,159.13 (monthly $96.59).

Wyndham deed, Branson Meadows, 105,000 annual points, originally purchased for $11,200. Total annual fees currently $599.55 (monthly $49.96).

No outstanding loans, fees paid up to date.

My questions...
Are these something she could sell (if so, how much) or at least at no cost to her (buyer pays all closing and transfer fees)? Does the title transfer have to be completed in property state of Missouri? I read about Lisa Short (name?), would she be able to facilitate the title transfer?

When she transfers the deeds, would the current points she has available in Wyndham go to the buyer or can she keep and use since she has paid up the fees?

When she transfers the deed, would the points she previously transferred/exchanged to RCI still belong to her or do they transfer to the buyer immediately?

She is also concerned that if she doesn't do this, they will go to her children who cannot afford the fees. It looks like they would have a right of refusal and under no obligation to accept. Is that correct? However, I read somewhere that if they have used the timeshare, they would have to accept the property. (Example said that you cannot use the timeshare and then refuse it.) Her children have used points as guests, would this make them responsible for the property upon death?

Also, what would happen if she would be in the process of transferring the deed to an individual and they, they buyer, would decease before title transfer is complete at Wyndham? Does it revert back to her? Who could use the points?

Wyndham said she could send a letter to them and, depending on their "inventory", they may take it back. Would this be the case for Branson deeds, or typically for properties in Florida and elsewhere?

So sorry for so many questions, but I thought I would post them all at once. Thank you in advance!!!

Jensen44

Reaction score
Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
In her place, I would first see if Branson is one of the properties Wyndham would take back. That would be a quick easy way to get rid of the deeds/fee obligations.

As for unused points transfer, that would be a matter of agreement between her and her buyer in a contract. Having paid for unused points sweeten the deal in a sour market.

Some of your questions are of a legal nature and you probably would need to consult an expert for good answers.

I don't really know, but it seems to me that ownership of a timeshare is not transferred by merely using the timeshare. If they ever used it, while she was the owner, I don't see how Wyndham could say that they would own it. Ownership is transfered by recording a deed and having Wyndham transferring the ownership in their records. You have to pay for that to happen.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Wyndham board here where you might get more replies to help...

[Moved - DeniseM]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Wyndham board here where you might get more replies to help...
Maybe the Yahoo group, but the Wyndham owners forum has been having some serious server problems since mid February. I think it's almost back, but not quite. We can now at least see that they are working on it. For the longest time it was just GONE! I was suffering from serious withdrawal :D