• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help finding crisp / linen type sheets

Autoeng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I grew up with sheets that had been handed down a generation and were what I would call, linen. Crisp sheets that my Mother would iron before putting on the bed. I found some that felt right several years ago in 2004. From Bed, Bath and Beyond they were Wamsutta classic supima twill 360 thread count. I'm not a believer in a high thread count in that I find that they don't "breath" as well as lower thread counts. I don't like a flannel feel and don't like sheets that pill.

So I start a search for a new set and picked up a set of Wamsutta Egyptian 360 thread count but they are very rough. Anyone care to recommend a brand and version that may suit my needs?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen real linen sheets occasionally in the Lands End and other catalogs. My Mom had 100% cotton sheets like you describe, but I don't know how to find them now that silky supima ones are the ones usually being marketed. I guess I'd look for adjectives like "crisp" rather than "silky".

check these

linensource.com
domestications.com
garnethill.com
pioneerlinens.com

tlwmkw

Reaction score
My english grandmother had sheets like this...

Made of linen and so cool and crisp on the bed. Had to be ironed which was a problem- but in those days people didn't do things for themselves so didn't worry about those issues. They also were left over from years ago- in the old days when you married you purchased enormous amounts of linens (table cloths, sheets, etc) and they lasted for generations because you had so many. Don't know where you'd get them now but I would look at English/European sources also. I imagine they will be expensive.

Autoeng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so far for the suggestions. Nothing that sparked interest in the first four possibilities. Searching for European companies and waiting for a Ralph Lauren set that I ordered to see if it meets the bill.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The Costco sheets are superior to those that we bought at Macy's, which we paid three times as much to purchase.

Autoeng

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Ralph Lauren Supima 350 thread count turned out to be very nice (and very cost effective - and on sale!) One washing and I am finding them very comrfortable. A few more and they should be fine.