• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii: King's land 2BR 6/6 vs 6/4 size difference?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
update---It appears the 6/4 is older section which has shower only in 2nd bath.

hi. what is the difference between King's land that sleeps 6/6 vs. 6/4 (per RCI)? The 6/4 says: Unit square footage: 1269. Does this mean it's Phase I?
I'm assuming the 6/4 has 2 king beds--or is it just a smaller unit with the 2nd BR still having 2 beds or just old info? I also want to confirm it's not a Q in 2nd BR. Also, is floorplan/size the same? any reason to choose 6/6 over 6/4 for 2 couples? location, different bathrooms, etc.?

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You must be referring to the RCI description since HGVC doesnt use 6/6 or 6/4.

HGVC has 3 phases, there are subtle differences. Phase 2 and some phase 3 are smaller with lower grade furnishings.

In all cases the 2br units have 2 beds in the second bedroom, none are King/King or King/Queen.

2 Bedroom (2BR)
Size 1,269 sqft Accommodates:6
This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the first floor, features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and bathroom with a standing shower. A generous living room includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, full kitchen with rice steamer, and washer/dryer. The suite also features an HD cable TV.

2 Bedroom (BR2)
Size 950 sqft Accommodates:6
This contemporary two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite, some with a garden or resort view, is tastefully accented with Hawaiian inspired artwork and finishes and has an extended outdoor lanai with chaise lounges and dining table The master bedroom features a king-size bed and bathroom with a large free-standing shower and dual sink vanity. The second bedroom is furnished with two full-size beds with an adjacent bathroom including a shower/tub combination. A separate living space includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, dining area, HD flat screen TV, full kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, as well as an in-room safe and washer/dryer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the 6/4 says square footage: 1269, and 1 3/4 baths, so would that be Phase 1?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the 6/4 says square footage: 1269, and 1 3/4 baths,so would that be Phase 1?

correct. They usually put RCI exchangers in buildings 1 or 2.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for quick update. So Phase 1 would be a better choice than 2/3 if I have the option?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for quick update. So Phase 1 would be a better choice than 2/3 if I have the option?

Most people prefer the phase 1 location and higher end furnishings and larger units.

I prefer phase 2 but its because I use HGVC points and I can stretch and stay longer for less points.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thank you. great info.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
what is the difference between King's land that sleeps 6/6 vs. 6/4 (per RCI)? The 6/4 says: Unit square footage: 1269. Does this mean it's Phase I?
Another thread on the same topic - link

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to one BR units or 2 BR units. Some one BR units have 2 double beds in Master bedroom so could potentially sleep 6 people.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for replies. It appears the 6/4 is older section which has shower only in 2nd bath.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling with the same question.
I confirmed Kings Land, 2 6 6 and it says 1069 sq ft and "No washer/dryer" in the unit.
The unit which says 2 4 6 shows the 1269 sq ft and says it has a washer/dryer. I can deal with the smaller unit size, but lack of washer / dryer surprised me.
Are there any units without washer/dryer?

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for the sticky. We're going with the 6/4 for the slightly bigger floorplan as we might have 2 couples. But, I'd take any buildings.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@GT75 Thank you. That was a very informative sticky. I appreciate all the work you put in to organize that information.
I still have the question about the washer/dryer in the 2 6 6 units. On my computer, the floor plan becomes blurry when I expand it.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Empirically, I have booked a 2 6 6 in the past and been placed in phase 1, the larger units.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@GT75 Thank you. That was a very informative sticky. I appreciate all the work you put in to organize that information.
I still have the question about the washer/dryer in the 2 6 6 units. On my computer, the floor plan becomes blurry when I expand it.

All the units at Kings Land have washer/dryers inside, RCI descriptions are crap.

Robfam63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Whistler’s Woodrun 2 bedroomc
I completed an RCI exchange for a 2 bedroom sleeps 6/privacy 6 at Kings Land for November 2021. RCI does not give additional details to the unit other than it is 1069 sq feet and has NO washer/dryer. Looking at Kings Land website, I see no such listing for such a unit and they remain closed until October 2nd. Unfortunately, I only have until September 14th to change this reservation without forfeiting the exchange fees. On another site, a 2 bedrooms PLUS is listed as adults only and we are going to be traveling with two teens (18,15) Laundry is a must for us. Does anyone have any details to offer on this location?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Two king beds in those, usually, plus the sofa sleeper, and our unit did have a washer/dryer with our trade via RCI. I don't think I have ever stayed in a Hilton 2 bedroom that didn't have a washer/dryer.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
All Kings Land 2brbunits have washer/dryer in room. The only 2br units in Hawaii that do not have washer/dryer in room is at Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon Tower.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
We have stayed at Kings' Land and can confirm, as per frank808, that all units have an in-unit washer dryer.

The reference to a 1,069 sq. ft. 2-bdrm would indicate it is a larger "F layout" (vs. "K layout). If you take a look at post #37 in the sticky at the top of the HGVC forum showing additional resort details, you can find lots of extra information for Kings' Land, including layouts of all the units.

I am also not aware of any age restrictions anywhere at Kings' Land, other than the adult pool section of the main pool complex by the club house. Sites other than HGVC itself (such as RCI) often have inaccurate information in them IME. Kings' Land is very popular with families with children and the main pool complex even has a separate children's pool and play area, so restrictions in a particular unit would seem to make no sense.

If you are travelling with two teens, you might want to request before arrival that the second bedroom have two queens/doubles rather than a second king bed. I'm actually not sure if there are any 2-bdrms. with a king in both bedrooms at Kings' Land, but it won't hurt to specify it. Most second bedrooms are doubles/queens, IME. Staff are very good at fulfilling requests where they can.

Robfam63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have stayed at Kings' Land and can confirm, as per frank808, that all units have an in-unit washer dryer.

The reference to a 1,069 sq. ft. 2-bdrm would indicate it is a larger "F layout" (vs. "K layout). If you take a look at post #37 in the sticky at the top of the HGVC forum showing additional resort details, you can find lots of extra information for Kings' Land, including layouts of all the units.

I am also not aware of any age restrictions anywhere at Kings' Land, other than the adult pool section of the main pool complex by the club house. Sites other than HGVC itself (such as RCI) often have inaccurate information in them IME. Kings' Land is very popular with families with children and the main pool complex even has a separate children's pool and play area, so restrictions in a particular unit would seem to make no sense.

If you are travelling with two teens, you might want to request before arrival that the second bedroom have two queens/doubles rather than a second king bed. I'm actually not sure if there are any 2-bdrms. with a king in both bedrooms at Kings' Land, but it won't hurt to specify it. Most second bedrooms are doubles/queens, IME. Staff are very good at fulfilling requests where they can.

Thank you for your helpful information. I am brand new to this forum and unsure how to access post #37.

Robfam63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
update---It appears the 6/4 is older section which has shower only in 2nd bath.

hi. what is the difference between King's land that sleeps 6/6 vs. 6/4 (per RCI)? The 6/4 says: Unit square footage: 1269. Does this mean it's Phase I?
I'm assuming the 6/4 has 2 king beds--or is it just a smaller unit with the 2nd BR still having 2 beds or just old info? I also want to confirm it's not a Q in 2nd BR. Also, is floorplan/size the same? any reason to choose 6/6 over 6/4 for 2 couples? location, different bathrooms, etc.?
Hi, Elaine. Did you ever get a clarification on the difference between the 2 bedroom description# on RCI? I have booked the 2 bedroom that states 6/6 but claims there is no washer and dryer. We must have one for our family!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Posted this in the other thread

@Robfam63

Based on the thread above, the RCI description is incorrect. All two bedrooms have a washer and dryer.

Kings’ Land has 3 phases I, II & III.
· Phase I only contains the larger 2 Bd rooms (RCI is calling this 6/4)
· Phase II only contains the smaller 2 Bd rooms. (RCI is calling this 6/6)
· Phase III contains both size rooms which is split 50/50 between Phase I/II room sizes

HGVC DESCRIPTIONS
NOTE: RCI exchangers can be assigned to any floor.

2 Bedroom (2BR) - PHASE 1 LAYOUT (RCI is calling this 6/4)
Size 1,269 sqft Accommodates:6

This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the first floor, features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and bathroom with a standing shower. A generous living room includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, full kitchen with rice steamer, and washer/dryer. The suite also features an HD cable TV.

2 Bedroom (BR2) - PHASE 2 LAYOUT (RCI is calling this 6/6)
Size 950 sqft Accommodates:6

This contemporary two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite, some with a garden or resort view, is tastefully accented with Hawaiian inspired artwork and finishes and has an extended outdoor lanai with chaise lounges and dining table The master bedroom features a king-size bed and bathroom with a large free-standing shower and dual sink vanity. The second bedroom is furnished with two full-size beds with an adjacent bathroom including a shower/tub combination. A separate living space includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, dining area, HD flat screen TV, full kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, as well as an in-room safe and washer/dryer.

Last edited: