• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ HAWAII ] First Time Dining Out in Months

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We have been looking forward to being able to dine out so my wife made reservations for one of our favorite steak places on Oahu, Aloha Steakhouse.

They had a Kamaaina discount on the Tomahawk ribeye and my wife had the half pound ribeye. They give you bibs because they bring them out sizzling on a hot plate. The people there are really nice and they walk around saying Aloha every time they walk taking someone to their table.

Heres a couple short videos to get the sizzle. The steak sauce they have is a Maui Onion sauce. They should bottle it because it is awesome. They even gave my wife two flowers as we left.

08D221D1-3FC0-4B52-AF30-94150612A247.jpeg

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, that was enjoyable

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We went to one of our favorite Steak Restaurants last night. With the reduced seating and recent reopening the wait to get a table was 45 minutes outside in the rain. Then on top of that delay would be the time to place the order and for the order to be prepared. We went to the take out table and placed an Order. We were home eating in less than 45 minutes.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Steak will be one of our first restaurant meals -- just doesn't seem like the thing to bring home to eat. But will wait until all the kinks are ironed out of the social distancing routine as places start to open up. Picked up pizza in my parents' area yesterday and was surprised to see they now have restaurant dining again (albeit only 4 tables where there were probably 12 before) because we don't have it yet in our town 20 minutes away.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We went to a little neighborhood pub by our daughter's condo yesterday. I'm good with going out as long as we can sit outside. I am still not feeling comfortable enough to sit inside. Even then, it's a weird experience with the wait staff wearing masks all of the time, but it was nice to eat knowing that people could go back to their jobs. This has been a difficult stretch for many and I am glad to help things get back to our new normal.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We have been looking forward to being able to dine out so my wife made reservations for one of our favorite steak places on Oahu, Aloha Steakhouse.

They had a Kamaaina discount on the Tomahawk ribeye and my wife had the half pound ribeye. They give you bibs because they bring them out sizzling on a hot plate. The people there are really nice and they walk around saying Aloha every time they walk taking someone to their table.

Heres a couple short videos to get the sizzle. The steak sauce they have is a Maui Onion sauce. They should bottle it because it is awesome. They even gave my wife two flowers as we left.

View attachment 21787

Looks amazing!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
As we went to get our take out last night we saw a crowd of people all piling into the restaurant. We also saw people eating outside where it didn't look like the tables were 6 feet apart and as they were seating one man, he wasn't wearing a mask. Dh's comment was "Another reason we won't be going back into a restaurant soon".

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been supporting local eateries by ordering take-out all along. Restaurants are opening with reduced capacity. We have only patronized those with outdoor seating. We went to a neighborhood brew-pub last night. Outdoor, of course. We took the dog. It was well spaced out and 100% masked with table service and a food truck. It's a start.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
The county in Pennsylvania that I live in is allowing dine in at restaurants to resume this coming Friday 6/12. Going from yellow phase to green. I’ll be ready to go at 6 AM when they open.

Mark

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC

View attachment 21787

Nice view!

Is it from Aloha Steakhouse or somewhere different?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
320 Lewers St 1st floor, Honolulu, HI 96815?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Nice view!

Is it from Aloha Steakhouse or somewhere different?

Yes, I didn’t get a picture of the flowers until we got back to our apartment. It was drizzling on our walk home. That’s the view from our apartment. We live in a building on the Ala Wai canal.

We can see Diamond Head and up the Ko’olau mountain and on the other side we can see the ocean and the pink palace.

2BCE9992-87A9-44FF-9C36-47A52E7B1C3E.jpeg
53C50251-49DE-4106-812B-97537AF9BD76.jpeg
8F142F31-DB75-4E98-98AD-CA0F824E86DF.jpeg

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
320 Lewers St 1st floor, Honolulu, HI 96815?

Yes, that’s where Aloha Steakhouse is. We live about 2.5 blocks from there.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

View attachment 21787

Thanks for sharing. We miss Hawaii! That meal looks amazing. Will have to try the Aloha Steakhouse next time.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As we went to get our take out last night we saw a crowd of people all piling into the restaurant. We also saw people eating outside where it didn't look like the tables were 6 feet apart and as they were seating one man, he wasn't wearing a mask. Dh's comment was "Another reason we won't be going back into a restaurant soon".

Yes, you could tell they were still working out some bugs. They had a thermometer there but they didn’t use it. The employees all had on masks. We filled out a sheet for our order and they had a plastic covered menu that they cleaned off in between customers. The seating was spaced and we smelled the cleaning products while we were there. Customers were to wear masks until they got to the table then wear it again when you left. We saw one couple walking out without masks.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing. We miss Hawaii! That meal looks amazing. Will have to try the Aloha Steakhouse next time.

Hy’s is still our favorite but it is more for special occasions. Aloha Steakhouse is way more laid back.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Jeff - Those of us who have no life, thank you for sharing yours! :clap: Keep it coming!

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff - Those of us who have no life, thank you for sharing yours! :clap: Keep it coming!

This work thing still gets in the way.:D

I just saw that The Top of Waikiki has permanently closed. We never made it there, my wife always thought it was too expensive but I wanted to try it. Maybe someone else will re-open it.

There was a few times I was going to post a few pictures but never did, so I’ll put a few here.

Here’s a rainbow on my way home from work.
AA6706D2-23A2-4F76-AFAB-D65AEC78B14B.jpeg

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Steak will be one of our first restaurant meals -- just doesn't seem like the thing to bring home to eat. But will wait until all the kinks are ironed out of the social distancing routine as places start to open up. Picked up pizza in my parents' area yesterday and was surprised to see they now have restaurant dining again (albeit only 4 tables where there were probably 12 before) because we don't have it yet in our town 20 minutes away.
Ruth Chris kept advertising take out, just the steak was forty plus.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We did a take out filet mignon dinner ($25 each) from a small place we really like. They are basically a coffee and baked goods place but they started serving dinner with just one choice per night. We got the steak, mashed potatoes and a salad. It was delicious! Unfortunately they never did that particular dinner again.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Ruth Chris kept advertising take out, just the steak was forty plus.

My pet peeve is $XX for the steak, then paying for sides at so many of the steak houses. Fercrissakes serve me a complete meal. We drove past our new favorite steak/prime rib place for 30 years thinking it was a bar. Even after someone said "The San Franciscan has the best steaks in town", we still had "bar" in our mind. It is an old fashioned red booth steakhouse (yes with a bar as well) where, praise God, you get soup or salad, sour dough bread loaf, vegetables and potatoes for your $45.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even though I have been here almost a year, I do find myself taking a lot of pictures. We post on Facebook for family and friends and it seems like I at least have one or two friends who have a trip to Hawaii planned so like to know about things they want to see.

I am looking through some pictures and will post some here. Just everyday stuff here on Oahu.

It one takes a couple of sprinkles for us to get rainbows from outside our window over looking the Ko’olau.

47330796-A86C-4967-B69B-FC426DB41B2A.jpeg

One thing we wish we had here is a lanai. We have a large sliding window but no lanai. That is one thing we really enjoy about going back to Molokai. We spend a lot of time on our lanai and eat most of our meals out there.

Below is a cool rainbow that popped up right I front of me on my way to work. So this was about 6:15am.

1B684B10-1309-4F4A-8465-16DCEBB2D7F3.jpeg

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went down o the laundry with my wife so I snapped a few pictures while on the way. The pool was supposed to be done in March but I don’t know if they are just behind or if it had to do with the virus. Just above the pool is the new park the city is renovating.

EC0DD641-95B3-462B-9537-FBAE25D5D28C.jpeg
CAEA22D0-F864-48D3-8AEE-991779DA7273.jpeg
2DF4EF54-42E6-4D59-86A8-0B6DAAF81CCF.jpeg
4279091C-F63A-438F-83C1-65CC8CBC1EC8.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are dredging the Ala Wai canal and they are getting close to our building so as soon as I went to take a short video they stopped. :D I’ll do another one when they get closer. I planned around a bit so you can see our view. This is out our window since we don’t have a lanai here in Oahu.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was a little windy but I got a better video with them actually dredging the Ala Wai Canal.