• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hassle depositing my non svn sdo week

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When a Starwood rep tells you that they pick the week deposited tell them instead of depositing with Interval that you decided to trade the unit for Star Options. Then they will tell you that you cant do that because your not an SVN member. Then you get to say "exactly, now deposit the week that I have reserved".:D

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
When a Starwood rep tells you that they pick the week deposited tell them instead of depositing with Interval that you decided to trade the unit for Star Options. Then they will tell you that you cant do that because your not an SVN member. Then you get to say "exactly, now deposit the week that I have reserved".:D

:hysterical: I'm writing this one down, it may come in handy.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This whole situation is crazy. I understand the whole resale vs developer weeks debate, but having to go through all this hassle would drive me crazy.

You would hope that this is just a internal training issue that they would resolve, rather than Starwood systematically attempting to diminish ownership rights of their resale owners.

And I was thinking about buying a resale week at Mountain Vista until I read this thread.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to go the "deposit online with II" or "request first using II" way with my SDO.

But I am still fighting with II over the fact that they registered the week as a 2 BR (without lockoff capability) although I provided them with proof that it is a lockoff when I sent them the documents to get the week registered with them.

Talked to several reps to convince them they have to change it to a " BR lockoff in their system. (The last rep asked me why I called him again after colleagues xx and xy has told me it is not possible, so looks like they keep track of calls which would not make it too easy to just call a different rep in the future...)

They say: "Starwood does not want us to deposit through II, you have to depostit through Starwood".

They do not care for SVN/resale difference or that I want to use reuest first (claim that also has to be done through Starwood).

I told them that several people here on TUG told me (in older posts) that they have their resale 1-52 SDO 2 BR lockoff in II as a lockoff.

II then asked me for names and memebership numbers of these people so that they can talk to their "Managing Director" about the situation.

Would anyone who has his SDO as a lockoff in II (meaning when entering your reservation you are aksed if it is the full 2 BR, or one of the 1BR) please PM me their name and II membership number so that I can convince II?

Thanks a lot!

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to go the "deposit online with II" or "request first using II" way with my SDO.

But I am still fighting with II over the fact that they registered the week as a 2 BR (without lockoff capability) although I provided them with proof that it is a lockoff when I sent them the documents to get the week registered with them.

Talked to several reps to convince them they have to change it to a " BR lockoff in their system. (The last rep asked me why I called him again after colleagues xx and xy has told me it is not possible, so looks like they keep track of calls which would not make it too easy to just call a different rep in the future...)

They say: "Starwood does not want us to deposit through II, you have to depostit through Starwood".

They do not care for SVN/resale difference or that I want to use reuest first (claim that also has to be done through Starwood).

I told them that several people here on TUG told me (in older posts) that they have their resale 1-52 SDO 2 BR lockoff in II as a lockoff.

II then asked me for names and memebership numbers of these people so that they can talk to their "Managing Director" about the situation.

Would anyone who has his SDO as a lockoff in II (meaning when entering your reservation you are aksed if it is the full 2 BR, or one of the 1BR) please PM me their name and II membership number so that I can convince II?

Thanks a lot!

I just had my SDO unit deposited in my II account yesterday and had the same problem with the lock off designation being missing. I called an II rep that I know and he took care of it right away. My II account now shows SDO as a two bedroom, 1 bedroom A and 1 bedroom B.

If you want PM me and I will give you his contact info.

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score

Here is a screen shot of my SDO 1-52 2 BR L/0 on my personal (NOT SVO) II account:

SDOonII.jpg

As you can see, I have the choice of depositing either a 2 bedroom (2BED), a large one bedroom (1BEDA), or a small one bedroom (1BEDB) from this year's (2009) or next year's (2010) ownership.

FWIW, ALL two bedrooms at SDO are lock-offs. There are no stand-alone 2 BR's there.

Just link II and/or SVO to this page for the proof you need.

(Hey SVO, as long as you're here anyway, any chance we can get you to talk to us?)

Good Luck,
-nodge

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
My page looks exactly like Nodge's. Steffen, you need to raise a big stink with the rep you are talking to and demand to talk to someone who has been there more than 3 months!! As everyone has said, all 2 bedroom units at SDO are lock-offs. When you do finally get them to fix this, NEVER, I repeat NEVER call to deposit or place a request or to exchange. Simple call Sheraton & reserve a week of your choosing. Then, do all your transactions online using the date you have reserved and the confirmation number you have for that week. The less contact with the Sheraton desk the better off you will be.

As an aside: I recently traded one side of a lock-off at another resort entirely. Both sides (A & B) disappeared from the screen. When I talked to a II rep she said it was a glitch and she couldn't do anything about it. If I want to exchange the other side I now have to call them. FAT CHANCE! The other side will now be deposited at Trading Places instead. I refuse to play that games with II. If they won't list my units correctly then I'll take my marbles and go play with someone else!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
They will probably say nodge Photoshopped that.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprise!

They did not claim that nodge photoshopped it...

They just entered the unit in their system correctly without further discussion after I sent them the screenshoot and the names of someone who thankfully sent me a PM.

But they warned me that it could happen that Starwood does not accept the deposit or request first and cancels my exchange.

Thanks a lot for your help!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Surprise!

They did not claim that nodge photoshopped it...

They just entered the unit in their system correctly without further discussion after I sent them the screenshoot and the names of someone who thankfully sent me a PM.

But they warned me that it could happen that Starwood does not accept the deposit or request first and cancels my exchange.

Thanks a lot for your help!

That is laughable! :hysterical:
II confirms ALL deposits with the home resort be it Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt or any of the thousands of other resorts it deals with.
How does ANYONE trade with II if they won't accept deposits :shrug:
It is clearly written on the Starwood website that 'request first' is an option for owners.....these are just empty threats by someone who was annoyed that the customer was right :clap: