• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has Wyndham stopped collecting a refundable deposit for WOW presentations?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
I remember paying a refundable deposit at almost every presentation I attended. But, I received a tour invitation for my son at Canterbury which didn't collect a deposit.
Does it depend on the site? Or is it because my son didn't sign up at the concierge but signed up after being called repeatedly on his phone. He had them schedule it on his check-out day (yesterday) and just didn't show up! I felt, with his 'Talk to Daddy' trump card, he could have made easy $100! But he is annoyed at having to spend 2 hours!
He will be at NY45 on 1/8 and TRYP on 1/10. Let's see what happens.

No deposit when booked over the phone.

1578422392824.png

Charged a deposit by the Concierge.

1578422484602.png

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
They always try to collect at the minimum a $20. It is so you have to go or lose it for not attending. This was to prevent the many that would commit and not show up.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
So, I guess my son playing hard to get worked in his favor. Let's see what they do to him in NY45. :)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have never put a deposit down, nor have any of my family members. But it's been a few years since I've been on a tour.

glider2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to the Wyndham Grand Desert 7 times in the past year. Went to the "owner's update" every time. It seems they completely stopped asking for the refundable deposit early last year.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you refused to give the $20 they usually would back down

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Yea if you refuse to give it, they usually can just exempt it.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I've been to the Wyndham Grand Desert 7 times in the past year. Went to the "owner's update" every time. It seems they completely stopped asking for the refundable deposit early last year.
I go to Grand desert at least once a month, and always attend an update, and they always collect. Checked in New Years day, and they never even asked us to attend. Do not sell list?? My wife checked in, but she is on the ownership now, since we accumulated more resale points together.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to a presentation at Ocean Blvd on 12/27. The guy never asked me for a deposit at all, and that section was completely crossed out on the form before he handed it to me.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always refused to provide it. I wouldn't give them my credit card. I have always been exempted. No loss if they say no.

jercal10

Reaction score
They collected $40 from us at Ocean Walk in early january.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious as I am giving back my Wyndham time shares through Ovations and I am not supposed to be able to become a Wyndham owner again. Will they still ask me to go to a presentation?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
M
I am curious as I am giving back my Wyndham time shares through Ovations and I am not supposed to be able to become a Wyndham owner again. Will they still ask me to go to a presentation?
My money is on yes.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

I agree with Sandi Bo that they will likely ask you. Owners who are on Wyndham's do not sell to or do not gift list can attend an update but not be eligible to be gifted. When they are trying to get you to sign up even if you tell them you are on the list some of the parking pass people will insist that you are eligible and even put in writing with their manager signing off on it what your gift will be. Later you may get a call cancelling the update or presentation. You might not get a call, show up and sit there a while before they tell you they won't gift you.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also say yes and give 10-1 odds