• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has timeshare vacation led to you moving to a resort destination?

UPSTATENY

Reaction score
We had stayed in Myrtle beach for several years and fell in love with it. When my wife retired, I was working from home for a large Corp. and had the ability to move out of the cold winters of upstate NY and head south. We built a beautiful house just outside of MB. We were newbies there and did the similar vacationing things for the first 3-4 months. Then reality took hold. The traffic, the lack of infrastructure, the racial atmosphere, and the crime started to rear its ugly head. After nearly 3 years, we pulled the plug and moved back home..... We still have the winters, but can lock the door and go when we want to. Sometimes moving away helps you understand how much you miss the things that are important.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've found those things to be a major consideration. Before moving to Florida we lived in smaller towns and cities and were never closer than 1-2 hours drive from a big city. We really like living as close as we do now to a big city much more than we expected. Living in Tamarac is still somewhat like living a small town.

Since moving to Florida and having access to cheap flights out of Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando we have done more traveling with our timeshares than we ever dreamed of doing. Plus we've enjoyed staying at different resorts all over Florida that we drive to.

We still haven't given up hope that our DIL will start seriously looking for a job somewhere in the vicinity of Tampa and get one. Our son could easily transfer there if she did. They live in Ohio near Cleveland and have talked about moving. We would move to the Tampa area to be close to them in a heartbeat. The only way we are moving to Ohio is if something happens with one of us that leaves the other one with no other choice. I grew up in Ohio and have other family there but we want no part of long, gray winters and all too often cold, wet springs.

Wish my flowers outside showed up in the picture. My husband moved everything around and out of his way when he was putting up the lights and Moravian star. Being in shorts on December 23rd and having our coffee and tea on the patio while we watch the egrets and other birds on the canal never gets old. This is my view right this minute from where I'm sitting at the computer.

View attachment 15690 View attachment 15690
I never get tired of watching wildlife on or near the water.

jdp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but we did it backwards. We had been going to Tucson, AZ for a number of years to attend the Gem Show for a week and loved the city so much that we looked for a TS there. Hotels were noisy, expensive, and inconvenient. We found WorldMark was building a new resort there and jumped in with a resale points purchase. We discovered that a week wasn’t enough time and added more and more WorldMark resale points over the next 7 years. Finally in 2008, the lovely TS life wasn’t enough for our love of the city and we bought our first Tucson home which was a second home. Of course, WorldMark has dozens of resorts so we kept the membership. The second-home in Tucson was adequate but because we were spending 2-4 months there each year, we decided to upgrade to a home comparable to our primary residence in Santa Fe, NM. Again the WorldMark in Rancho Vistoso was heavily used during construction and reaffirmed our decision to live in our own house. We spend a minimum of two weeks there 3-5 times per year and take in the city lifestyle for every season. A nice perk is that we don’t pay those offensive Transient Taxes anymore.

this2isme

TUG Member
Reaction score
We came to Cocoa Beach for a break from the MN (MinneSnota) winter and got hoodwinked into Time Share sales event. We purchase a week at what was then Ron-Jon's and now Holiday Inn Vacation Club. When we returned to MN we had 40 straight days of -30 and 3 feet of snow on the ground. Being tired of tearing up rotator cuffs and having none left undamaged we moved to Cocoa FL, 15 miles from the resort. About that time HIVC purchased the resort and offered the availability of using points. What a deal. We could now go over to Orange Lake just an hour away and use points. What was a dubious purchase turned out alright. Points allow us the flexibility of short stays. We've never actually used the Cocoa Beach property.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I sent hubby off on his own for a timeshare stay at Massanutten in VA in 2019. I'd booked a two bedroom Regal Vista the year before but was unable to go with him. He is a native of VA and had a high school buddy/band member stay a few days with him. He loved the unit and resort and I was quite surprised when he said he could live there. I've never been, but from photos I don't get his enthusiasm.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We’ve been going to Myrtle Beach for many many years and have now decided to purchase a second home there with the ultimate goal of moving there full time when the GS is out of school.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve been going to Myrtle Beach for many many years and have now decided to purchase a second home there with the ultimate goal of moving there full time when the GS is out of school.

Just curious if you know of any areas to avoid there that have flooded (Including North Myrtle Beach and Surfside/Garden City) or for any other reason. Thank you.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not timesharing but after visiting friends in FL 2009-2012 we decided to buy a house on the Gulf Coast. Thought we would use it for a rental property then decided to move there full time in 2013. I hated Baltimore where I was trapped for years with jobs, family, and work. I thought about moving to Virgin Islands or Durango Colorado but I knew the kids would not come that far.
I moved around the corner from our son’s in laws, the same block, knowing it would be easy for us and the kids when they came down. It’s been great. We are not social friends but we get along well and they and their family and friends are a great support system for us.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Just curious if you know of any areas to avoid there that have flooded (Including North Myrtle Beach and Surfside/Garden City) or for any other reason. Thank you.

Don‘t really have an answer on that for you AnnaS. We have pretty well decided on the Barefoot Resort area. Since it will be a second home for us and a part time rental property, it most suits our needs and wants.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don‘t really have an answer on that for you AnnaS. We have pretty well decided on the Barefoot Resort area. Since it will be a second home for us and a part time rental property, it most suits our needs and wants.

Thank you!!!