• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has Lagunamar Opened Yet?

BradC

Reaction score
We could also have a hat made up with the TUG logo and the orange drink printed on it.
But we'll have to hand-write the "Management Sucks" logo on the hat, right? :hysterical:

(Are there any more TUG/SVN inside jokes we can include in this thread?)

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even though WLR is a voluntary resort, the hat could also state that the swim up bar is mandatory.

Lulubelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will likely be going in 2010 as well.
Wow, what beautiful photos. I was thinking "well, it's Mexico", but boy was I underestimating.

I would love to buy a hat with logos or whatnot. And as for any cocktail...count me in!:banana:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am hoping for an exchange here in November 2009 - looks fantastic!

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
(Are there any more TUG/SVN inside jokes we can include in this thread?)

I think we should all order our drinks based on an "artist rendering" of what they will look like, and pay for our drinks and tip the waiter right when we order them.

Then, we'll all wait 2-3 years for those drinks to be made and served, only to find that the drinks, as delivered, are all missing ingredients that were shown in the "artist rendering" and that our waiter expressly told us would be in our drinks.

We should then all pay an ever increasing periodic fee to "maintain" our drinks while we drink them.

-nodge

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's assuming that the drink doesn't get discontinued before it is made. K

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Pictures look great! Thanks for posting. Can't wait to get there in Nov/Dec! But first...Princeville next week! :)

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pictures look great! Thanks for posting. Can't wait to get there in Nov/Dec! But first...Princeville next week! :)

Ken we are traveling to similar places at similar times. We will be in Princeville August 31- September 13. We will be in Cancun November 7-14. We could meet up for drinks if our travel dates match!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Excellent! We'll overlap in Princeville - will send you a PM.

Ken we are traveling to similar places at similar times. We will be in Princeville August 31- September 13. We will be in Cancun November 7-14. We could meet up for drinks if our travel dates match!

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Beverage Options

Tequila shots with orange and cinnamon instead of lime and salt:
http://www.recipephile.org/recipephile/2008/01/tequila-with-or.html

Or just a Tequila Sunrise (The Eagles singing in the background optional)

Ingredients: 1.75 Parts Tequila, 0.5 Parts Grenadine, 2 Ice Cubes, Crushed ice, fresh Orange Juice.

Method: Place the Tequila and orange juice in a cocktail mixer with all the crushed ice and shake thoroughly. Pour mixture into a glass with the ice cubes already in it. Slowly add the grenadine, allowing for it to rise. Stir well before drinking for best taste.

MarkAndLeah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
Has anyone seen (or have) any photos past the 2 that were posted earlier on this thread? Would love to see more:)

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you will see this, but can you please get a resort map for me to post - especially one with unit numbers? When you get back we would love a review and pictures. Let me know if you need help with pictures. I can show you how to do an easy slide show.

Have a wonderful time! :hi:

Hi Denise,

They didn't have a resort map, at least not yet, but I'll try to explain how the rooms numbers are laid out. Their room number is made up of 4 digits (e.g. 0123). The first 2 digits represent the building number (01 or 1), the second digit is the floor level (2), and the third digit is the unit # (3).

In the aerial photo you posted in another thread, each building segment is assigned a number starting with 1 at the top left, then increases sequentially counterclock wise. The unit numbers on each floor also increments in the same direction starting at 1 for each building. So, our room (#587) was in building #5 (the main entrance/lobby building) on the 8th floor (top level) in the 7th unit. There are 8 units on each floor in building #5, so our room was the 2nd from the right end of that building in the aerial photo. I know, it's clear as mud... :eek:

When we were there on the opening day, most units ready for occupancy were in building #4 & #6. I think our unit was the only one ready in building 5. We could tell by looking for the presence of balcony furnitures. It's pretty obvious in a few of my photos... ;)

On that note, how can I post some of my photos here? I have a couple dozen shots of the resort. :confused:

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trial Posting of Photos

Thanks to clsmit's instructions, I uploaded my photos to photobucket.com, but I'm limited to 5 photos per post, so here are a few. You'll need to view the album to see all 26. Enjoy!

CIMG1675.jpg

CIMG1676.jpg

CIMG1677.jpg

CIMG1678.jpg

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
HOW could the pool bar be empty???? :eek:

I can't wait!

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
HOW could the pool bar be empty???? :eek:

I can't wait!

The picture was taken the same afternoon we arrived, which was the opening day of the resort! I think there were only a few families onsite at the time... Rest assured, it wasn't empty for long... :D

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the colors of the resort hideous?:ignore: Not that that will stop me from going there someday......:)

David