• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone used ADO bus line from Cancun Airport to Playa?

Helene4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need to get to Playa mid-day from Cancun Airport. We will be staying at Hotel Cielo in Playa (any info on the hotel is appreciated) and we were told that we can buy bus tickets at the airport and drive right to the bus terminal in Playa which is 2 blocks away from this hotel. This is for Presidents week, when it is over-crowded and crazy at the airport.
We have always taken Thomas More to the Royals, but now we decided to go 1 day early and will be going to the Haciendas. The Hotel manager told me the fare is $8 per person by this bus line. Thomas More is considerably more expensive and would not take us to the hotel, but rather to the Haciendas.
Any info would be appreciated.
TIA Helene

salpal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take the bus it's really easy. When you get your bags exit the airport and go to the right and at the end on the terminal is the bus. You buy tickets right at the bus. Don't know any thing about the resort.

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
we tookthe bus from Playa to the airport - got the tickets online as I recall - it was really easy and inexpenisve - we would do it again

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bus is the way to go. If I recall it leaves every hour at 20 minutes before the hour. If I can find the website I will post it. It is called the airport express bus as it does not stop until it gets to Playa. Once in awhile it will stop in Puerto Morelos to let people off, I think this must be preplanned. The buses are nicer then any I havr seen in the states. Large seats and a movie is run. Of course the movie is in Spanish. I love the bus and everyone I have turned on to it over the years uses it again.
Yes the bus takes dollars.

Helene4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jules, Do I just walk out of the terminal and find the bus or is there a desk inside? Do I need to buy my tickets in advance from the U.S. or can they be purchased there? Thanks or your help.
Helene

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a desk inside the terminal. Depends which terminal your airline comes into. You can also just pay the bus driver, but if it is a super busy time of day and year the buses fill up so if you don't have a ticket if the bus is full you would have to wait for the next.