• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone been to Crater Lake, Oregon??

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Crescent City, CA to see the Redwoods and were going on to Klamath Falls. Does anyone have an idea of how many hours it would take to drive from Crescent City to Crater Lake? Thanks.

Beverley

gloria

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
beverley --

it's been about 20 years since we've made the trip between crescent city and crater lake, but IF we recall, it's ABOUT 2 hours from crescent city to grants pass, and then ABOUT 2 to 2 1/2 hours more to crater lake -- at least that'll give you estimates....

crater lake is ABOUT an hour, plus maybe a bit, north of k falls....

i hope that helps......

5399sheba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beverley said:
We are planning a trip to Crescent City, CA to see the Redwoods and were going on to Klamath Falls. Does anyone have an idea of how many hours it would take to drive from Crescent City to Crater Lake? Thanks.

Beverley
We traveled to Crater Lake from Leavenworth, Wash, a few years ago and it is so beautiful. They have a boat trip around the Lake that is stunning, however you must walk 1/2 to 3/4 mile down a very steep grade and of course come back up again. If I remember correctly they told us on the boat tour that only a very small percentage of visitors take this trip due to the effort to arrive at the boat dock. We were both retired (several years) when we did the trip and were the oldest on the boat!!! If you are in good physical condition I would certainly recommend it as it is just breathtaking.

Last edited:

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. It is very helpful.

I want to take the boat trip. My hubby will be retiring for the second time this June. I, :)), am still working. We are in reasonably good shape and would love a trip like that. We went to NewFoundland a few years ago and took a boat trip along a Fjord. It was stunning also.

Thanks all again.

Beverley

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Years ago, my parents flew out to CA from KY. We took my car up from the Bay Area to OR, WA and into BC, in the month of June. Going up CA, we ran the AC. On our way to Crater Lake, we turned off the AC, then turned on the heat. By the time we arrived at the hotel and visitor center, everything was white and cold. They hadn't opened the restaurant yet, so all we could get were chips and pretzels.

Despite all of this, the lake was breathtakingly beautiful. We couldn't walk much or stay long (weren't dressed properly), but I still remember it. I'll wait until July next time.

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Richard, Thanks for the information on the boat trips. Looks like we may not be able to take a boat trip since we are scheduled there on the 24th and 25th of June. The web site indicates that the boat trips start in early July. We will ask about it anyway once we get out there, but many thanks.

Beverley

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live about 2 hrs west of Crater Lake in Medford. Be sure and check with the park before you go as often the road isn't open due to snow even in June. This year we are having record snowfall in the Cascades so I'm guessing that they will have a late opening date. If you can shoot for August.

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, unfortunately we do not have the flexibility of moving the trip to August. It sounds like we will be lucky to see much of crater lake. We actually had plans to go to the Redwoods in Calif and them to Yosemite and then Napa Valley. When we read about Crater Lake in the Worldmark Desitnations magazine we thought we would try to see that too while we were in Northern California. Sooo I shifted our reservations up one day, dropped one day at Yosemite and arranged for 2 days at Klamath Falls. From there we were going to try to see Crater Lake. Oh well, wish us luck:))
We appreciate the information. I will definately bring a coat.

Beverley

allenke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beverley said:

Beverley

If you are staying at the Worldmark Klamath Falls resort?

Klamath FAlls WM resort is about 1 hour south of Crater Lake. If you are driving from Crescent City to Klamath Falls WM resort that would be about a 3.5 -4 hour drive. It is about 1/2 hour drive from Grants pass to Medford and about 1 hour from Medford to the WM resort near Klamath FAlls (Klamath Falls city is about 15 min. further east from the Klamath Falls WM resort).

Ken

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken,

Thanks, that is exactly the information I was looking for. The way it looks now is that we will go to WM at Klamath Falls directly from Crescent City. We are staying at all worldmarks on this tip. We will be at Bass Lake and then Windsor after Running Y.

Thanks again.

Beverley