• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has any one done a points transfer form one member to another on Tug?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of renting I don't like having others control my reservation, nor do I want to control anyone else's reservation. Curious has anyone done a DVC member to member TRANSFER here on Tug? Where would that even go in the marketplace - its not a rental and its not technically a sale-
which classifieds would you throw it in..

nomoretslt

Reaction score
No I haven’t, dont know how many points you are looking for, but don’t forget about the one time use points you can purchase from DVC. I think it’s $20 each..maybe a bit more, and only if your current year is short of the points you need….and only at the 7 month mark I believe. And I think the max you can buy is 24. And if you have more than one contract you can get 24 for each contract … there are rules and they may have changed. I’ve read where some can get creative about making a reservation with purchased points, cancelling the reservation then using the points for the date they really wanted. Confusing I know….I think I read it on the Dis maybe?
I often wondered if you rented thru DVC resale market or DVC store if you could control the reservation yourself if you’re an owner. Probably not.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I haven’t, dont know how many points you are looking for, but don’t forget about the one time use points you can purchase from DVC. I think it’s $20 each..maybe a bit more, and only if your current year is short of the points you need….and only at the 7 month mark I believe. And I think the max you can buy is 24. And if you have more than one contract you can get 24 for each contract … there are rules and they may have changed. I’ve read where some can get creative about making a reservation with purchased points, cancelling the reservation then using the points for the date they really wanted. Confusing I know….I think I read it on the Dis maybe?
I often wondered if you rented thru DVC resale market or DVC store if you could control the reservation yourself if you’re an owner. Probably not.

Yeah no I was actually just looking at transferring out leftover points- and was wondering if that's a thing here on tug. I would have thrown them up on the mouseowners rent trade boards but thats been gone quite a few years now

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Yeah no I was actually just looking at transferring out leftover points- and was wondering if that's a thing here on tug. I would have thrown them up on the mouseowners rent trade boards but thats been gone quite a few years now
Oohh…lol, sorry thought you were looking for more points. Although I’m Pretty sure DVC resale market will also handle transfers. I would never be trusting enough to do it myself to strangers. Too many not nice people out there. Hope you find a solution. I was hoping for return on the dining plan or moon,Ishtar Magic in MK in January….looks like it’s not happening so I’m going to cancel my week and bank my points. Of course as soon as I cancel, the announcement will come out.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oohh…lol, sorry thought you were looking for more points. Although I’m Pretty sure DVC resale market will also handle transfers. I would never be trusting enough to do it myself to strangers. Too many not nice people out there. Hope you find a solution. I was hoping for return on the dining plan or moon,Ishtar Magic in MK in January….looks like it’s not happening so I’m going to cancel my week and bank my points. Of course as soon as I cancel, the announcement will come out.
They are gone now -but- I wonder if other DVCs here are interested in exchanges- I much prefer them to rating either way...

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
yes. I'd be interested in the future. Possibly both ways, depending on whether I had leftovers/needed points.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes. I'd be interested in the future. Possibly both ways, depending on whether I had leftovers/needed points.

Where would they go? market place rental for sale?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where would they go? market place rental for sale?
no idea. and many of us don't check that, as we are not interested in publicly posting sales/rentals. Maybe we can have an internal sign up or an ongoing google excel posted as a sticky, if Mods allow it. It would not be current ad, just a list of those possibly interested in direct transfers in general. This would be an excellent aid for DVC owners on TUG.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I would like to be able to transfer some Marriott points if I could not use them. That has not happened to me but it is a great option. Having a sticky for selling points on TUG would be helpful.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’d be interested in having a TUG DVC points transfer thread or sub forum, etc. We haven’t transferred out any points for some years, but looking at our projected future use, we might actually have some extras - or need some! - in the next year or two.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
no idea. and many of us don't check that, as we are not interested in publicly posting sales/rentals. Maybe we can have an internal sign up or an ongoing google excel posted as a sticky, if Mods allow it. It would not be current ad, just a list of those possibly interested in direct transfers in general. This would be an excellent aid for DVC owners on TUG.

Yeah thats exactly my thing I have no interest in renting them in either directions and the nonsense that goes with it- so transfer-s make sense for me but like @TravelTime mentioned a sticky might work but I have no idea how that works around here...personally I would like to see it go into sightings or something similar...

@TheHolleys87 - exactly after adopting all the other timeshare units. for once my DVC isn't going to be in the negative ( at least for the current moment) and that was the intention for adopting other units- 2023 so far traveling Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Oct, Nov and looking to add 2 more locations for quick non disney stays-
Even though it wasn't a lot of points no way I could squeeze it in...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
should be able to post any points for rent in the marketplace.

simply indicate youd only trade/swap/transfer/whatever to another TUG member etc.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
should be able to post any points for rent in the marketplace.
Since we're interested in transfers only available between DVC owners, could we have a sticky at the top of this thread?

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we're interested in transfers only available between DVC owners, could we have a sticky at the top of this thread?
That would indeed be quite nice. I've both rented and rented out my points using commercial brokers but there have been times I would have much rather transferred points.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would indeed be quite nice. I've both rented and rented out my points using commercial brokers but there have been times I would have much rather transferred points.

I only inquired once with the two popular brokers about renting a reservation that we couldn’t use…

They wanted access to my membership account-passwords ect…
Um nope..I wound up gifting the room to a family member. Wonder how they are gonna continue that with the 2FA (if IT gets it together)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I only inquired once with the two popular brokers about renting a reservation that we couldn’t use…

Um nope..I wound up gifting the room to a family member. Wonder how they are gonna continue that with the 2FA (if IT gets it together)
That's...weird. Over the years I've rented through David's and The DVC Rental Store and they never asked for any of that. I had to send them a screenshot of the reservation once I made it and make Magical Express reservations for the guests back when it existed.

I can't imagine anyone expecting to get my account information.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you are talking about offering points to rent for money...then no..the forums are not the place for that. this is what the marketplace is for. if you post your dvc points for rent there, ill create a link to "dvc points for rent" here in this forum however!

if you are talking about giving points away to other dvc members, id certainly consider that!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
done!

any DVC resale or rental points listing will show up when users click on the link in the sticky now.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you @TUGBrian.

I have only rented out a few points once in my 22 + plus years of ownership - The DVC Rental Store. I am considering renting out a few again this year. For the first time in many years, I am not booking a second Disney trip in 2023. We have a lot of family events (3 weddings - two out of state - , bridal showers) and two new grandsons coming. But we would really finally make it to Italy end of 2023. This would leave me with excess points. I already have a few banked since one of my sons planned on going this year/2022 and was not ready. Decisions, decision.

It's nice to have another option here.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

Wow. I remember that years ago David’s standard setup was to be given access as an Associate on an owner’s membership so that they could book rentals directly instead of having to contact the owner to book (potentially losing a reservation), but DVC put an end to that by limiting the number of contracts on which the same individual could be listed as an Associate. That was years ago, and I haven’t heard of David’s or any other agency asking for direct access recently.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
@TheHolleys87 i guess I am showing my age again lol…
@AnnaS that exactly what happened with me this year- we had a tiny amount of points we wouldn’t be using figured someone would want to add a night swap resorts ect…
And thank you @TUGBrian - it will be good for tug DVCers

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
will say that i recently used dvcrentalstore myself for a reservation in feb....all has gone well sofar!

suppose i should withhold my final review until I actually check in =D

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
will say that i recently used dvcrentalstore myself for a reservation in feb....all has gone well sofar!

suppose i should withhold my final review until I actually check in =D

They aren’t bad as a rental company they have a great reputation-
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts/review.