• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside Logistics Questions (hopefully) Answered

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
I tried to pay attention when we were there this week to answer some logistics questions I've seen here.

• Bring your own stroller. Lots of people did and it's a great way to carry stuff around. Be ready for lots of walking.

• Don't bring a car seat. The taxis don't have shoulder straps or anything else to secure them the way you can in the US. Only lap belts. So they wouldn't work like you'd expect if there were an accident. If it's an infant get a sling, if a bigger kid, lap belt or double buckle (you and kid in same buckle) is your best bet.
  • Lots of people had coolers and snacks with them at the pools and beach, regardless of the age of the people in the group. Just don't be obnoxious.
  • As seen elsewhere on this board, food is really expensive onsite. Use all the tips for how to eat cheaply.
  • The water the week we were there was calm. No need for boogie boards -- nothing to boogie on. I think the reefs keep the waves down. If it's choppy enough for a boogie board I don't think I want my kids in the water!
  • So bring blow up floats instead. At home at the end of season sale we got 2 for $3 -- a tube and raft. The kids floated on them with their swim goggles to do a cheap version of snorkling.
  • The Cove beach is the best. Get there from the Cove hotel. It's MUCH quieter than the beach near the Beach and Coral towers and less crowded. If you want to do parasailing or get hair braids go to the other beach. If you want a nice cove for snorkling, easy access to the mile long lazy river and a nice pool, and an easy walk to a shuttle, this is the beach for you. And the bathroom is only a few yards away from the beach.
  • Make sure you get your taxi to the airport a good 2 hours before your flight. Or 2 1/2. On the way home you need to check in at the airline desk (your printed boarding pass isn't worth its paper), go thru Bahamas security, go thru US Customs and Immigration, then go thru US security with shoes off but no baggies needed. All with the potential for long lines and issues. We had no food or alcohol and only carryons so we probably had fewer issues than anyone else, and it still took a long time.

What else did I miss?

I'll post separately about Harborside II (aka Phase 3) and other rumors we heard there. Plus, maybe even a picture of SNAVicki and clsmit with the TUG banner!

Last edited:

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Looking forward to all your rumors/news!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I tried to pay attention when we were there this week to answer some logistics questions I've seen here.

Don't bring a car seat. The taxis don't have shoulder straps or anything else to secure them the way you can in the US. Only lap belts. So they wouldn't work like you'd expect if there were an accident. If it's an infant get a sling, if a bigger kid, lap belt or double buckle (you and kid in same buckle) is your best bet.

This may be convenient, but it is dangerous. There are many car seats that will work with a lap belt only and they should be used even if not required in the country you are visiting. A car seat correctly installed w/a lap belt is far superior to no car seat at all. If you are not sure how to use your car seat with a lap belt you can call the manufacturer and you will find that number on your car seat.

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up CLSMIT...very much appreciated and now just hoping the storms blow through before we head there.

Cheryl

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what are the rumors??? Inquiring minds want to know. :D K

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
rumours - didn't hear any while I was there. Staff, including the management that I talked to, claimed ignorance about dates of renovations.