• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside in December

adanac1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to start by thanking everyone on this board for there desire to share information. I have followed this board for almost a year reading and taking notes. The lessons learned have helped me make a smooth transition into the timeshare family. We purchased on the resale side at a mandatory resort. I appreciate it all the help.

We purchased a timesshare at Vistana Villages and was able to get an exchange to Harborside just before Christmas. We then travel to Orlando, I know not a smart idea but the kids will like it, for Christmas and spend the week there.

I have a few questions that keep cropping up and I am sure I will have more before I go.
1. I hear that it is expensive to eat and shop at Atlantis and people talk about bringing food with them. I will take the advise and have our taxi stop at the grocvery store prior to crossing the bridge which should be helpful. Is there a market where one can purchase fruit and perishables within a short walk from Harborside?
2. We have booked a large one bedroom villa and have spoken with the agents at SVO. They have asked do I have a preferance to building and view and I said only that I prefer harbor wview and on upper floor if possible. Can I ask for assistance as to what many recommend for first time visiters with children age 9 and 6. Walking is not an issue. I could not confirm if we are in phase 1 or 2.
3. What are these "owner updates" that people talk about? Once I check in will I be asked to participate in them at Harborside and when we are at Vistana Villages at Christmas because we are owners in the SVO network? Are they manditory or voluntary and what is the benefit if any.
Thank you in advance

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

2. We have booked a large one bedroom villa and have spoken with the agents at SVO. They have asked do I have a preferance to building and view and I said only that I prefer harbor wview and on upper floor if possible. Can I ask for assistance as to what many recommend for first time visiters with children age 9 and 6. Walking is not an issue. I could not confirm if we are in phase 1 or 2.

The map posted in the Owner Resources sticky at the top of the page may be helpful to you, but Starwood doesn't assign units until 24 hours before check-in and they usually won't provide that info. until check-in.

3. What are these "owner updates" that people talk about? Once I check in will I be asked to participate in them at Harborside and when we are at Vistana Villages at Christmas because we are owners in the SVO network? Are they manditory or voluntary and what is the benefit if any.
Thank you in advance

They are purely sales presentations - you can earn a few Starpoints, but they put a lot of pressure on you to buy more weeks, so we don't go. They are NOT mandatory - don't do it unless you want to. If you want to go, insist that they put your kids in the kids club for FREE for the meeting.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They are purely sales presentations - you can earn a few Starpoints, but they put a lot of pressure on you to buy more weeks, so we don't go.

BTW, they didn't offer any points when I was there in 07. I sat through the presentation anyway, since I was interested (but got disenchanted quickly when it was clear they didn't know more than I about SVN and started telling me "stories"...).

iluvwdw

Reaction score
BTW, they didn't offer any points when I was there in 07. I sat through the presentation anyway, since I was interested (but got disenchanted quickly when it was clear they didn't know more than I about SVN and started telling me "stories"...).

I've gone twice, and wasn't given any StarPoints either. They did give me a useless 50% Starwood Hotel Certificate! :doh: However, I love Denise's idea of asking to have them pay for the Kids Club so you can attend. I'll have to remember that next time!

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Your request for building/location is determined by your arrival day--building 7 which is reception building has best marina view--I own 4th floor in that building but it is under renovations and may or may not be done. I hope so as I go in January.
No shopping close by now that Hurricane Hole is gone but take the grocery shuttle to town--used to be $7.
Great time to go=-not crowded--my brother owns then and we sometimes join him also.
I never go to the owner updates--would rather be on vacation--although the kids' club is a great idea!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Your request for building/location is determined by your arrival day

Is there a list of which buildings are used on which arrival day? I'm searching for Friday... thanks!

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Is there a list of which buildings are used on which arrival day? I'm searching for Friday... thanks!

Hi Ken,

Building 2 (Phase I) and 6 (Phase II) are Friday check-in buildings. (You can see the whole map/check-in days in the Starwood Resources sticky at the top fo the Starwood forum).

-David

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hi Ken,

Building 2 (Phase I) and 6 (Phase II) are Friday check-in buildings. (You can see the whole map/check-in days in the Starwood Resources sticky at the top fo the Starwood forum).

-David

Thanks. I looked at the maps but missed the info on the images re check-in days.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
We were told about the KidsClub (but a 12 year old doesn't want to be seen near the Kidsclub!)for the owners update but we never got our "welcome gift". It was a really bad presentation. The salesperson did the same sales pitch as we got for our developer purchase (pre-TUG) -- how often do you go on vacation, how much do you spend, etc., even after he saw that we were 3*. All I wanted were answers to my questions. Anyway, we didn't get the request to attend until 3 days into our stay and it was from our "concierge". So it's really easy to say no.

Have a great time with your kids! They'll have a great 2 weeks of fun and (hopefully) sun!