• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside....Holy What the Hell

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got my HRA maintenance fee bill.....$4975.78. Last years bill was $3961.39. That's an increase of $1014.39! That increase has officially pushed my ownership over the edge and after 2024 usage, I will be getting rid of the unit.

My question is what is the best way to give the week back?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
That’s insane! Idk if you can give it back. I’ll let others weigh in. You’d prob have to get someone to take it off your hands but at that cost for maintenance fees…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Looks like it's for a 3 bedroom in Phase II? My Phase I 2 bedroom lockoff fees went up from $3,694.53 in 2023 to $4,363.62 in 2024 - an 18% increase. Yours is a higher percentage increase - are you sure it doesn't include membership dues?

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s insane! Idk if you can give it back. I’ll let others weigh in. You’d prob have to get someone to take it off your hands but at that cost for maintenance fees…
Who would take it for no cost with a nearly $5000 Maintenance Fee?

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's for a 3 bedroom in Phase II? My Phase I 2 bedroom lockoff fees went up from $3,694.53 in 2023 to $4,363.62 in 2024 - an 18% increase. Yours is a higher percentage increase - are you sure it doesn't include membership dues?
Yes...its for 3-bedroom phase 2 lock-off.

2024 VACATION OWNERSHIP ASSESSMENT $2,388.58
2024 CONDO COMMON ASSESSMENT $1,370.69
2024 VALUE ADDED TAX $452.35
2024 ATLANTIS FACILITIES FEE $484.16
2024 PRESIDENTIAL CLUB DUES $280.00

2023 VACATION OWNERSHIP ASSESSMENT $2,273.24
2023 CONDO COMMON ASSESSMENT $858.41
2023 VALUE ADDED TAX $360.12
2023 ATLANTIS FACILITIES FEE $469.62

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately, MVW/Vistana won't take back Harborside weeks. It sucks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just got my HRA maintenance fee bill.....$4975.78. Last years bill was $3961.39. That's an increase of $1014.39! That increase has officially pushed my ownership over the edge and after 2024 usage, I will be getting rid of the unit.

My question is what is the best way to give the week back?
It looks like you are including the Club Dues in the 2024 total where you didn't in 2023. So it isn't up as much, only $734.38. Still bad and up 18%.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
One way or another it will have to take it back, just need to get all my options.
Your options are to try and give it away. List it now, it might take a while. Or default and then they can foreclose on the unpaid maintenance fees. Sadly, since MVW doesn't take these weeks back, unpaid fees just get added to everyone else's fees.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I think the increase was 18% (phase 2). The quoted number may include membership fees. Not that it’s much better….

A 15%+ increase hurts much more when you’re at $4000 already. I saw an owner listed a 2br WKORV OV listed last week on Redweek for $2000. Another was grateful on a Facebook group MVC took their week away for free. Some owners are calling it quits and don’t care at what price.

We sold our Gold HRA but kept the Platinum, for now…. There’s quite a bit of value there still but it’s eroding fast.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Club dues was not add last year. I am not even sure why that is included.

It replaced the VSN fee. And you can now also elect Abound points. It has decent value in Abound if high season.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your options are to try and give it away. List it now, it might take a while. Or default and then they can foreclose on the unpaid maintenance fees. Sadly, since MVW doesn't take these weeks back, unpaid fees just get added to everyone else's fees.
That would be unfortunate. Why would they want to incur extra costs? And I certainly don't want to be part of the problem for everyone else.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Club dues was not add last year. I am not even sure why that is included.
I think it is because HRA wasn't part of Abound when billed last year. Do you own other Vistana VOIs?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
At $5000, I no longer see a value. Three bedroom rentals are nearly the same price on Redweek without the exposure and commitment to go every year.

Depends what week… we own the 2br deluxe (master of 3br). Our MFs are now around $2600-$2700 iirc. I can rent that for over $4k pretty reliably (plat season). We opted to use it this year though.

Last edited:

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends what week… we own the 2br deluxe (master of 3br). Our MFs are now around $2600-$2700 iirc. I can rent that for over $4k pretty reliably (plat season). We opted to use it this year though.

Our unit is a float week. We usually rent the unit every other year, including 2024. We are not losing money, but at the rate these increases are coming, next year we will be looking at another 15% increase?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Our unit is a float week. We usually rent the unit every other year, including 2024. We are not losing money, but at the rate these increases are coming, next year we will be looking at another 15% increase?

It was definitely more value before the large MF increases from 2 years ago. Prior to that MFs were always relatively high but their growth rate was surprisingly among the lowest in the system -around 2.5% annualized maybe from 2013-2022

Last edited:

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Duplicate

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own three weeks at St John too.
If you own St John also, then make sure to reach out to the customer service department and request that they remove the Club Dues bill of $280 from your Harborside account, unless you weren't billed that $280 already or with your St John MFs. You do not need to pay duplicate Abound dues, unless the ownership is titled differently.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you own St John also, then make sure to reach out to the customer service department and request that they remove the Club Dues bill of $280 from your Harborside account, unless you weren't billed that $280 already or with your St John MFs. You do not need to pay duplicate Abound dues, unless the ownership is titled differently.
I am curious with multiple mandatory VOIs, how does MVC/Vistana determine which one to attach the Club Dues to?

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious with multiple mandatory VOIs, how does MVC/Vistana determine which one to attach the Club Dues to?
I don't know the metric. For the 2023 dues, as far as I saw, there was a stand alone dues bill that wasn't attached to any of the VOIs on the VSN side. Like how MVC does it for those who only own enrolled weeks. I have noticed that anyone who owns Harborside, that they each seemed to be billed dues within the MF bill for Harborside. IDK if that was done because Harborside is new to Abound for 2024, or if it was some glitch. But from various posts I've read, it seems each Harborside owner got the dues bill even when they own other VSN VOIs or MVC properties.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know the metric. For the 2023 dues, as far as I saw, there was a stand alone dues bill that wasn't attached to any of the VOIs on the VSN side. Like how MVC does it for those who only own enrolled weeks. I have noticed that anyone who owns Harborside, that they each seemed to be billed dues within the MF bill for Harborside. IDK if that was done because Harborside is new to Abound for 2024, or if it was some glitch. But from various posts I've read, it seems each Harborside owner got the dues bill even when they own other VSN VOIs or MVC properties.
Our 2023 Club Dues was attached to our mandatory Sheraton Vistana Villages VOI. Voluntary only VOI owners had separate Club Dues billing. I don't know what specific phases at WSJ the OP owns, but if they are all voluntary, then they would have been billed the 2023 Club Dues separately and now this year with HRA being in Abound and mandatory, their Club Dues got attached to that VOI maintenance fee. If the OP owns a mandatory VOI at WSJ, then the question would be, why was the Club Dues moved over from one of those WSJ VOIs to the HRA VOI.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
For ours, the Club Dues are attached to the mandatory VOI that was first transferred into my name and the account established with Vistana. I think it works that way as I’m the primary owner on all. When it was VSN fees, that same VOI had the primary VSN fee attached to it and the second mandatory VOI transferred to me and added to the account got the additional VSN fees for multiple VOI ownership.