• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside Exchange Question

plead.5th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I exchanged into Harborside through II using a Vistana (2 bedroom)week and I got a 1 bedroom. How do I find out what type of 1 bedroom unit that is?

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
How many options did you use on the exchange? That along with the season that you exchanged into should be enough info. to tell you whether you're getting a 1 bedroom or a 1 bedroom premium.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Ask if you have a balcony or patio--the large bedrooms all have one--only the corner small one bedroom have one--if it doesn't have one it is definetly a small one bedroom--if they say it does ask about size of sleep sofa--the large one bedroom has a queen sleep sofa--the samll one bedroom has a double/full sleep sofa.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Limited kitchen or full kitchen?

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
plead.5th said:
I exchanged into Harborside form II using a Vistana week.

When did you get your exchange? There was a sighting the other day but all the units appear to be gone now.

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
grgs said:
How many options did you use on the exchange? That along with the season that you exchanged into should be enough info. to tell you whether you're getting a 1 bedroom or a 1 bedroom premium.

Do you use StarOptions when you exchange through II?

Jerry

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
TheUnitrep said:
Do you use StarOptions when you exchange through II?

Jerry

Oops! Sorry, I missed the II part.

Glorian

plead.5th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I beleive it says limited kitchen on my exchange, but II couldn't tell me a unit number and told me I would find out at checkin.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Harborside, so I have never exchanged in; but my II account lists my 1 BR deluxe as limited kitchen and my 1 BR premium as full kitchen.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's definitely on the first floor and a part of Phase 2. I don't have a unit map for Phase 2, so I can't tell you any more.

If any Tuggers own Phase 2 and have a unit map, please scan it and send it to Chris, the Carribbean reviews moderator, and ask him to add it to the images section of the review page. This question comes up a lot and it would be very helpful to have the Phase 2 information up there along with the Phase 1.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
plead.5th said:
The unit is number 1769, any info on that unit?

Thanks

I have traded in a couple times. You dont always get the unit on your confirmation so dont put too much weight on that.

If your confirmation doesnt list a balcony/patio then you have been assigned a smaller one bedroom.

plead.5th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that it is a small 1 bedroom, but it is a corner unit according to Starwood. No jacuzzi for me.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
If it is a corner unit it is the small unit but you will have a balcony!!

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Smaller side has smaller refridge(i think 14cuft)--usually listed on II exchange

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
NJDave said:
When did you get your exchange? There was a sighting the other day but all the units appear to be gone now.

Are you pleading the 5th on this question? ;) We are trying to figure out what the time frame is for the Starwood internal preference. Knowing when your confirmation came through could help us identify that timeframe.

plead.5th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly, but you can check the sightings board for my post right after I traded. It was probably the same day.

jeandz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just came back from Harborside Jan 21. We were in Phase II. If you have a corner unit, you will have a balcony.

Also, we were assigned a unit number and when we arrived we were assigned a different unit number. Anyway we were next door to the unit originally assigned to us in a premium 1 bedroom. The unit we were originally assigned to was also a premium one bedroom unit.

II does not list the unit number on your confirmation but I could see a unit number when I went into my account history with II. II's confirmation only shows "burners only" in the description of the kitchen. It also showed only "1 Pull Out Soft (Full)". I know some people say this description determines the size of the unit. We were in building 5, one of the largest buildings, next to the pool and waterway. I did jot down all the unit numbers and unit types in this building but I do not have it with me. I will post this list later.

plead.5th

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well on my II exchange history, it says unit 1769, but the email confirmation I recieved it states a Queen sized pull out. But it also says 14 cu. ft refridgerator. So what does all of thei mean?

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Maybe you can call the Harborside front desk and ask them directly what type of unit is reserved for you??

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they do room assignments a week in advance of checkin. At least that's what I've been told as an owner. Not sure if it's different for exchangers. There is no 800 number for the front desk, so it will be an expensive call. Use a calling card if you do call.

jeandz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unit 1769. I just checked my notes and 1769 is in Bldg 5, first floor and is a corner unit. You will have a view of the waterway between Paradise Island and Nassau and you will be able to see the cruise ships which are docked in port. You will also be facing towards the pool but I don't know if you will be able to see it because there is a partition between your unit and 1770 which may block your view of the pool unless you are standing at the balcony/patio railing. I think you have an excellent unit. Can't comment on the furnishings as my confirmation said sofabed (full) and I thought it was a queen size. Unit 1770 is the lockoff of the Premium 1 Bedroom unit #1768. Their brochure states the premium 1 bedroom villa has 862 sq ft, the corner 1 bedroom villa has 558 sq ft and the standard one bedroom villa has 505 sq ft.

As I said previously, you can still be assigned a different unit upon check in. Our original assigned unit was 2755 and we subsequently received 2756.