• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside chances for June 2017?!!

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers!!

Is this a pipe dream? We'd like to visit Harborside in June 2017!

What are our chances of getting into this resort with StarOptions 8 months out? We need a 3 bedroom.

Someone please give me hope!!

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In 2016, there was no HRA Staroption availability AT ALL in June, July, or August.

So I think your chances are slim and none… ;)

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Early June is your only hope and that is slim if this year is any indication. There was absolutely no availability at HRA until the fall. Was it a fluke? We simply do no know.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Nooooooo!!

December?

Maybe early December - certainly not Christmas/New Years.

Your best best is fall, excluding Thanksgiving week.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can go online right now, and look at availability for fall 2016, to give you a general idea of what might be available in 2017.

That being said, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and we don't know if Interval is going to make any changes, so things could be completely different in 2017.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Early June is your only hope and that is slim if this year is any indication. There was absolutely no availability at HRA until the fall. Was it a fluke? We simply do no know.

Agree with LisaRex. Early June could be available. September through first 2 weeks in December, with the exception of Thanksgiving, is doable. However, many amenities are closed during this time.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I just scored a 2 bedroom for mid September. All options were available including a 3 bedroom.

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
What months historically have availability?

Thanks for your responses!!

I'd say the best months for StarOption availability are January, late April, May, mid to late September, October, early November and early December. Still, even for these times, you'll want to book as close as you can to 8 months in advance.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just scored a 2 bedroom for mid September. All options were available including a 3 bedroom.

Congrats. Enjoy Harborside. Please report if there are closed facilities.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd say the best months for StarOption availability are January, late April, May, mid to late September, October, early November and early December. Still, even for these times, you'll want to book as close as you can to 8 months in advance.

Thanks!! This gives me hope!!

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Congrats. Enjoy Harborside. Please report if there are closed facilities.

Thanks! I fully expect that some facilities will be closed while we are there considering the reports from last year. As long as the beach is open and one pool, we will be happy. Any suggestions for a boat/snorkel tour? Is there a water taxi over to Nassau proper?

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
Good luck! I had no problem getting some time in late June, early August, & Thanksgiving of 2015. For 2016, nothing besides 1st week of June (didn't work cause kids were still in school) & Thanksgiving week already shows sold out. Ended up buying a phase I week 24, 2br L/O ($1) so we can at least go then.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck! I had no problem getting some time in late June, early August, & Thanksgiving of 2015. For 2016, nothing besides 1st week of June (didn't work cause kids were still in school) & Thanksgiving week already shows sold out. Ended up buying a phase I week 24, 2br L/O ($1) so we can at least go then.

Nice!! I'm planning ahead for 2017. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed!!

My kids are still in school the first week of June as well, but I would snag it anyway if it were available!!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I fully expect that some facilities will be closed while we are there considering the reports from last year. As long as the beach is open and one pool, we will be happy. Any suggestions for a boat/snorkel tour? Is there a water taxi over to Nassau proper?

I have never done tours so I can't help there. There is a ferry that takes from paradise island to Nassau (cruise terminal). There are several boats that are constantly departing.

Last edited:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
We were able to get a large 1 bedroom Interval exchange for the end of Sept 2013 with a Hyatt Sunset Harbor 1 bedroom. A lot was closed but it wasn't a problem since it wasn't crowded. There were still nice pools at both Harborside and Atlantis. The Rapids River was available but the Lazy River closed. All the water slides were open. We snorkeled the ruins, etc. Anything that was closed wasn't missed. We were there last Thanksgiving. Everything was open but we didn't use it anyway. You can't do everything there anyway. It's too big. I do remember a lot of the more expensive restaurants were closed on weeknights. The weather at the end of Sept-early Oct is beautiful. It was much better than Thanksgiving.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were able to get a large 1 bedroom Interval exchange for the end of Sept 2013 with a Hyatt Sunset Harbor 1 bedroom. A lot was closed but it wasn't a problem since it wasn't crowded. There were still nice pools at both Harborside and Atlantis. The Rapids River was available but the Lazy River closed. All the water slides were open. We snorkeled the ruins, etc. Anything that was closed wasn't missed. We were there last Thanksgiving. Everything was open but we didn't use it anyway. You can't do everything there anyway. It's too big. I do remember a lot of the more expensive restaurants were closed on weeknights. The weather at the end of Sept-early Oct is beautiful. It was much better than Thanksgiving.

Wow!! Great info! Thank you!