• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborise II Proxy Email

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Received an email from Starwood today asking for my proxy for the upcoming meeting. I don't know anyone who is going to give my proxy to and the other Option is Dale Curtin, Secretary of the Association harborside II, who is the Starwood rep.

Does anyone give their proxy to him? What do you normally do with this? No information was included other than a generic agenda.

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
With Starwood resorts, if they don't get a quorum of owners, then the sitting board chooses the new board members.

They usually don't get a quorum, because they don't get enough members to vote, so the boards (as guided by Starwood) almost always choose the new board members.

I only know of one instance where this didn't happen: At WSJ, owners got so fed up with how the BOD was managing the resort, that they actually participated in high enough numbers to get a quorum, and actually elect BOD members chosen by the owners.

So, unfortunately, what I'm saying is that it probably doesn't matter if you do anything at all. ;)

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Thanks. That is pretty much what I thought. I have read enough to know they will likely always control the board. Do they make available the minutes from the meeting?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks. That is pretty much what I thought. I have read enough to know they will likely always control the board. Do they make available the minutes from the meeting?

If you request them.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I only know of one instance where this didn't happen: At WSJ, owners got so fed up with how the BOD was managing the resort, that they actually participated in high enough numbers to get a quorum, and actually elect BOD members chosen by the owners.

That is not entirely correct - SVO-WSJ/VGV allowed Owners to vote without SVO using their votes (which they have 4:1 according to bylaws, and own 10% of VOIs, therefore essentially control the HOA). It wasn't that there was a sufficient quorum. Bob and Phil are still on the WSJ-VGV HOA BOD. Their relationship with SVO-WSJ/VGV has been relatively good based on my discussion with Phil last June.

The fed-up part is correct (this is how WSJ thread got started), and the fact that a quorum is rarely (if ever) attained.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Dave - I wasn't sure of the details, but I knew that the owners some how got control.