• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Had a request, got confirmation for WRONG date

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I was on a request list for one property for two mid-week nights just for one exact check in date (not flexible) for quite some time, and I just got a reservation email. Excited! But when I checked the email, it was for wrong dates! It was for a check OUT on a date that I requested check IN. I double checked my request, and it was correct. The reservation came for an incorrect date.

What should I do? It's 11pm now, phone lines are closed. I see online that my correct dates are available now, but I don't have enough points now to book them. And they may be gone by the time I call them in the morning.

That was unexpected from Hyatt!

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
WELL . If all you say is correct... ,then they owe you !! There used to be a voice mail system when they were closed. So when I was in similar situations I left voicemails on the system to document the incident and the time that it happened. If the VM option is still there I would do that. Then call them first thing in the morning and explain to them what they did to cause this problem , and ask (demand) them to fix it … some how. And in the old days (before Hyatt was sold to II) I would carry my complaints all the way up to the HQ office in St Petersburg. I usually received something of satisfaction.

I just thought - I could try to grab and reserve the inventory for you if its showing. then they can sort it out / transfer it to you in the morning.

What and where do you need . Let me know . I will try to reserve it. I have many points. in fact 3000 of them expire tonight. Let me know. Perry

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I just called the Member Services number. No Voice Mail system in place. I suggest that you write them an email right now to document the TIMR of your incident. showing fixing THIER MISTAKE was out of your control. Then as I mentioned above call them first thing in the morning and ask (Firmly ask) that they fix the harm they have caused you. In the mean time I'm still waiting to hear back from you to see if you want me to try and reserve and hold it for you. I'm off to bed but I will monitor this thread for another hour or so. Let me know if I can help. All I need to know from you is where , when and what. PPK Its now 1:27 AM MDT 13SEP2019...Even your post could serve as evidence that you discovered their error when you did, (With the posting time as back up) thus demonstrating to them that it was their and you could do nothing about it, when and if the actual inventory you wanted is taken by someone else in the meantime. PPK

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
New thought : Also if you just go in and cancel the incorrect confirmed reservation the points used should then come back into you account automatically (and instantly - based on my past on-line cancellation experience ) and then you could turn around and reserve the inventory you saw and want if still available. And then later apply for a refund of the first reservation fee and the cancellation fee they charged you when they reserved and confirmed the wrong dates, and for you to cancel it -- to get you points back to try to save / reserve the inventory you actually requested in the first place.

I saw your post headline in the systems recent post notices it looks like about the same time you FIRST Posted it and I just passed over it as I was looking to reading other Hyatt threads t at the time. If I had open it when I saw that headline you probably would have still been on line, and we could have discussed it right then

. Now I'm thinking if you had put something like "URGENT ….. " in the subject Headline I might have seen and read your post immediately. Then after the urgency was over you could get a TUG forum moderator or administrator to remove your post or at least the word "Urgent …. etc...… " so as not to inconvenience new readers later on. .. Just a thought also. Perry

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Called first thing in the morning, there was still availability, they fixed it with no fee.

But, they were insisting that if it was confirmed on that date, that means it was in the request. It was not.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
Great. That was at least a good outcome for you. And I thought it had a very good chance of turning out that way in the end if you called first thing in the morning.

Just curios . Were are you heading for those two special Hyatt club nights ?

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thank you PerryKing for offering to help! We are going on a road trip to California for the holidays.

Here is what the request shows:
Screenshot_20190913-071318.jpg

Here is what was automatically confirmed:

Your Vacation Details
You will be staying at:
Highlands Inn, A Hyatt Residence Club Resort
Destination: Carmel, CA
Arrival Date: Sunday, December 22, 2019
Departure Date :Tuesday, December 24, 2019
Adults: 2
Children: 0
Number of Nights: 2
Unit Type: TWO BEDROOM
Reservation Type : Club Use
Points Used: 540
Unit Number: Best Available

This looks very wrong to me. Yet, Hyatt insists it's all correct. They fixed it, for free, but still insist the request was filled correctly.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
So the real question here is: Why is a split week stay during a holiday week available >60 days out??!!

But thanks for posting it, I was kind of wanting a split week 4 night stay with a Tuesday check in over New Years this year, because Tuesday is New Years Eve. I didn’t set up a waitlist because I was on the fence still.

A few months back, I found New Years week available at Highlands as a full week but not a split week and posted a question here on TUG as to why, only to be reminded that there’s no split week stays for holiday weeks until 60 days out.

After reading your post, I went to the HRC website and what did I find?! My 4 night midweek stay over New Years, checking in New Years Eve. Just booked it. Kind of a bargain to be in Carmel over New Years. We’ll check out Saturday so maybe we’ll hit up Hearst Castle on the way home.

Sweet!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Yes, I expected the request to be filled at 60 days out, or closer. But I don't think there is a firm policy about holidays weeks being available as split weeks at 60 days out, I think it's more of a guideline.

However, the request filled for a wrong date is what really bothers me. Or, is it just me being dumb? Look at the screenshot above, what is the consensus? Was that request filled correctly with a Sunday December 22 check in date? Hyatt claims is was done correctly.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
No, I don't understand how they can say the request was filled correctly. You wanted to check in on Tuesday 12/24 not Sunday 12/22. My requests always look exactly like yours when I want a specific week.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
@echino did you specify HRC or HPC inventory with your request? I can see "HRC Inventory" on the reservation and they don't have single day reservations.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Specified HRC inventory. I only needed those exact two nights over Christmas. When setting up the request, the website asked me to choose either check in on any day or check in on Tuesday. Which is kind of redundant as I selected only one possible check in day of December 24 which is Tuesday. I selected check in on Tuesday. But got a confirmation for Sunday check in somehow.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The call centers really have little knowledge of the product they support. The turnover at call centers are 30%+ annually because of low pay and constant surveillance/monitoring of customer service feedback. The computers decide almost everything. So, it looks like the reservation system has a bug.

I request a specific check in date every year just like you. We will need to monitor our wait list fulfillment emails more carefully now so that the computer system bug doesn't cause the same type of problem. At least you caught it. There will likely be people who don't check as carefully and show up the day the system says they should be checking out!!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk