• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hacienda Tres Rios "Purchase Offer"

EB SF

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Tres Rios Herencia
I have received an unsolicited telephone offer to "sell" my 2 wks plus 2 wks platinum membership at the Herencia at Hacienda Tres Rios. Offer from a person at Advanced Marketing Concepts in Georgia with short time limit of course!. Says a "guaranteed buyer", is interested in increasing ownership due to a "board disagreement". Buyer is "Francisco Sanchez-Navarro" and Choice Title Co. involved. "Sample contract" suggested purchase price well above values on the web although final purchase price to be determined once I indicate interest in proceeding.
I still owe money as loan on the membership (~$25,000, low interest, 5 yrs more) and, by membership contract, must pay 5 maintenance fees to sell or transfer. One of the "choices" is to deposit money in an escrow account to pay these off enticed by "tax relief" (or pay directly to Tres Rios) to have an "unencumbered membership" necessary for the sale.
I assume this is a scam. Anyone have similar experience, advice or know of any problems on the "Sunset/Tres Rios board"? Appreciate very much any knowledgable advice!
EB SF

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I have received an unsolicited telephone offer to "sell" my 2 wks plus 2 wks platinum membership at the Herencia at Hacienda Tres Rios. Offer from a person at Advanced Marketing Concepts in Georgia with short time limit of course!. Says a "guaranteed buyer", is interested in increasing ownership due to a "board disagreement". Buyer is "Francisco Sanchez-Navarro" and Choice Title Co. involved. "Sample contract" suggested purchase price well above values on the web although final purchase price to be determined once I indicate interest in proceeding.
I still owe money as loan on the membership (~$25,000, low interest, 5 yrs more) and, by membership contract, must pay 5 maintenance fees to sell or transfer. One of the "choices" is to deposit money in an escrow account to pay these off enticed by "tax relief" (or pay directly to Tres Rios) to have an "unencumbered membership" necessary for the sale.
I assume this is a scam. Anyone have similar experience, advice or know of any problems on the "Sunset/Tres Rios board"? Appreciate very much any knowledgable advice!
EB SF
Of course this is a scam with all the red flags:
1. unsolicited call from an unknown entity
2. price is way above current prices
3. "guaranteed" buyer

As for anyone having a similar experience, we've had many posts about this very kind of scam. Don't waste your time responding.

EB SF

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Tres Rios Herencia
Of course this is a scam with all the red flags:
1. unsolicited call from an unknown entity
2. price is way above current prices
3. "guaranteed" buyer

As for anyone having a similar experience, we've had many posts about this very kind of scam. Don't waste your time responding.
Thank you...I assumed so!

dawn22

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Sunset Cancun
I received a call from someone saying Royal Sunset was going out of business, afterwhich we might have little or no value left. They had a buyer offering a high price. A contract from the title company Choice 1 Title was e-mailed, but the only thing I can find online about them is their own website--no business listings. The buyer is Francisco Sanchez Navarro. The sales contact person is Susan Hudsen at Advanced Marketing Concepts. The real estate license # provided is for a Susan Hudsen at Bloomfield Real Estate Agency. I am contacting her at the real estate agency directly (which is different contact information then provided by the timeshare sales pitch). I expect this to be a scam and that legit real estate agent should know they are using her identity. I'd like to sell, so I'm checking it out. It sure doesn't look hopeful!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I received a call from someone saying Royal Sunset was going out of business, afterwhich we might have little or no value left. They had a buyer offering a high price.
Just on the face of that statement you must know this is a scam. Why would someone offer a high price for something that has little to no value!

Let us know what you hear from the "real" real estate agent.