• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Certificates

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Just curious. I had booked a stay that was split into two separate reservations. Now, instead of cancelling the reservation, I am transferring the stay to my son and his girly friend. The question is: Do I need just one guest certificate for the entire stay, or a guest certificate for each split portion of the visit. Same resort, same unit, just split when booked.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
2, one for each reservation. Where does this money go?

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
money goes out of my pocket faster than it comes in with two boys with girly friends that are beginning to love our timeshare weeks with us or without. Now if I can just keep them out of the presentations. Youngest was at a car lot on 2/29/2016 and called "but Dad, they are offering $4,000 off, one day only." I replied "they have them 12 months a year, every year......

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
you could try calling reservations and asking them if they would waive the second fee, as it is a split reservation.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
you could try calling reservations and asking them if they would waive the second fee, as it is a split reservation.

It does not hurt to ask and press the issue so Wyndham gets the message but waiving that fee would be against policy. Also according to Wyndham that would be stealing from all owners.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Also according to Wyndham that would be stealing from all owners.

Right! Owners can't do that. Just Wyndham can do that!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
2, one for each reservation. Where does this money go?

the money goes to the Fairshare Trust and ultimately it helps keep the program fee, ever so slightly, lower than it would otherwise be

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
avoid the double billing by canceling and rebooking the reservation(s)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
the money goes to the Fairshare Trust and ultimately it helps keep the program fee, ever so slightly, lower than it would otherwise be

How much would management skim off the top? Is the amount that goes to the Fairshare Trust documented anywhere?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked for my uncle and because it was a split reservation they only charged me one guest reservation, on the 2 needed to book a 10 day trip. I called owner care and explained what I was doing and they were very helpful.
:cheer:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
More than 7 days should always require 2. But it does go to show that rules are not always enforced properly. More power to you if you can save money.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
actually I had enough guest certificates available, so no out of pocket costs. I did it online, since I had more then enough to cover it.