• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest certificates

Dill

Reaction score
Can you put a reservation in 2 peoples name? IE: Bill and Sue Johnson? or do i just have to pick 1 name. I'm not sure which one will be going in to register. Not really a big deal I guess but I was just curious.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you are renting your timeshare, that is one of the questions you want to ask your guest.

Dill

Reaction score
If you are renting your timeshare, that is one of the questions you want to ask your guest.

I told them I needed the name of the person checking in along with the check and when it arrived it had 2 names. I just figured it would be easier than going back for clarification.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The devil is in the details - I would email or call and ask.

This is what I ask for on all rentals during the reservation process:

First and Last name of primary guest as listed on ID
Address of primary guest as listed on ID
Cell phone number of primary guest
Number of Adults
Number of Children

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
When I rented from a Wyndham owner she put both mine and my husband's name on the certificate.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the names are not long, you can put both in the first name line.
I've done it before

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you put a reservation in 2 peoples name? IE: Bill and Sue Johnson? or do i just have to pick 1 name. I'm not sure which one will be going in to register. Not really a big deal I guess but I was just curious.

This is how I handle it:

First name:Bill/Sue (no spaces in between)

Last Name: Johnson

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've even put two name on a reservation like this

In the first name box

BillJones

and in the last name box

MarySmith

The problem is at check in. The reservation will be filed alphabetically under "M" because the computers see marysmith as the last name. But it works

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Another Twist

I've added 2 names like this:

Bill Smith and Mary Jones would look like this:

First Name: Bill/Mary
Last Name: Smith/Jones

As Ron said, it makes checkin a little challenging (reservation is under Smith/Jones). Definitely recommend the guest has a copy of the confirmation with them when they checkin. I try not to do this, because it can be confusing, but there are times where people don't know who's showing up first.

I do appreciate that the resorts will be flexible with this.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've added 2 names like this:

Bill Smith and Mary Jones would look like this:

First Name: Bill/Mary
Last Name: Smith/Jones

As Ron said, it makes checkin a little challenging (reservation is under Smith/Jones). Definitely recommend the guest has a copy of the confirmation with them when they checkin. I try not to do this, because it can be confusing, but there are times where people don't know who's showing up first.

I do appreciate that the resorts will be flexible with this.

That works too. I've done it that way when the last names are different.

Angela5svr

Reaction score
Guest certificates both names

You can put both names as long as they have same last name so put Joe & Susan in first name

I rent these for myself and many owners so know this one well. If you need anything else let me know

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It use to not be a problem but last week at at least one resort it has become an issue. Not sure why. be prepared for your guest to be denied check in or have to put up a credit card and then get the guest confirmation changed into just one name or they will be locked out.

These are changes us owners wanted. Or so they say.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
AH, the benefits of the Universal Agent .... improve your tour's sales percentage by running 'soft' credit reports before you offer a $100 Gift Card for the "Owner's Update" or an inbound guest.

Why else? Single name and address ... must match to photo id ... plus they sell MORE $129 call in GCs.

I should suggest that they improve their Extra Holiday rentals by gathering all personal information before offering a per night stay... have a 750 or higher credit and NO other vacation owner ships ... $39 PRIME 2/2 unit per night. Ain't technology great!

PS My issue is I have all my Photo Ids without a street address ... smart-a$$ tell me I have to live some wheres ... so what is that street address as I can't live in a P O Box. Wrong again ... my post office now accepts package deliveries from USP and other freight companies ... use the street address for the physical post office with your box number calling it "unit" instead. So for example, P O Box 123 becomes Unit 123.

So for all you worldly travelers ... get a USPS post office box and have EVERYTHING delivered there... to your "unit". What a deal!

Last edited: