• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Certificate

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Guest Certifcate

At the end of the current calendar year (they are awarded per calendar year, same as reservation transactions).

Last edited:

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
related GC Question

If points are added to an account during the year that would increase the points balance over 1M points and thus entitle the account to addtional GCs, are the GCs added when this occurs or do the 1M points have to be there at Janaury 1st?
Thanks
John

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
If points are added to an account during the year that would increase the points balance over 1M points and thus entitle the account to addtional GCs, are the GCs added when this occurs or do the 1M points have to be there at Janaury 1st?
Thanks
John

Correct me if I'm wrong, but VIP status affords you more GCs, not your points balance. Therefore, if you have just lined WVO's pockets with a new purchase to achieve Platinum, I'm sure they would have no problem extending additional GCs.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends on we hat you negotiate. I went for price, so no bonus points, and what I bought doesn't start till beginning of year. First look at your point status if they are there, the points, your good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks
John

Neither reservation transactions nor guest certificates are added to the account when a contract is acquired mid-year (nor are they taken away if something is sold); it is only based upon what is in the account on January 1st. That being said, Wyndham has sometimes been known to make a mistake when adding a contract to an account.

If you are talking about a developer purchase, that might be able to be negotiated.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Neither reservation transactions nor guest certificates are added to the account when a contract is acquired mid-year (nor are they taken away if something is sold); it is only based upon what is in the account on January 1st. That being said, Wyndham has sometimes been known to make a mistake when adding a contract to an account.

If you are talking about a developer purchase, that might be able to be negotiated.

Thanks for the info. They are resale points. Could make it into the account this year but if not I will hope for a Wyndham mistake.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. They are resale points. Could make it into the account this year but if not I will hope for a Wyndham mistake.

Resale points don't generate additional guest confirmations anyway. You may get lucky if the previous owner had some left and it's the last contract in the account.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have over a million resale - 1 GC per year. It is based on account, not point # for resale.

Dill

Reaction score
Probably another stupid question but if I put a guest in now for a reservation in January will it come from this years allotment or will will I start next year with 14?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will come from the 2016 allotment.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will come from the 2016 allotment.

I don't believe this is correct. I added a guest certificate to a February 2016 reservation, and it took my guest certificate from this (2015) calendar year. If I try to add one to a reservation I have for next weekend, the system tells me I have none available.