• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Certificate Clarification

theslice

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are splitting and plan to have one person take on the HGVC timeshare. We do envision allowing the other at times to take the kids and use the points for a vacation. It appears this can be done with the Guest Certificates. When reading the rules it seemed straight forward but it included this line that I did not understand: "Guest Certificates are subject to fees as set forth in the Club Fee Schedule at club.hiltongrandvacations.com"

Is there something beyond the cost of the Guest Certificate fee of $56?

Anything else we should be thinking about using this method to allow the other at times to take the kids to a HGVC resort?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
When you purchased did you take title in both names? JTWRS - Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivor.

If both names were titled and included on your HGVC account you wont need a guest certificate, either of you can check in without one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
My wife and I are splitting and plan to have one person take on the HGVC timeshare. We do envision allowing the other at times to take the kids and use the points for a vacation. It appears this can be done with the Guest Certificates. When reading the rules it seemed straight forward but it included this line that I did not understand: "Guest Certificates are subject to fees as set forth in the Club Fee Schedule at club.hiltongrandvacations.com"

Is there something beyond the cost of the Guest Certificate fee of $56?

Anything else we should be thinking about using this method to allow the other at times to take the kids to a HGVC resort?

Sorry to hear about your split. The fees do increase from year to year, but that’s the only extra cost to put someone’s name on the guest certificate.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When you purchased did you take title in both names? JTWRS - Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivor....

When one person "takes on" the TS, the other person typically signs it over via Quitclaim Deed.
The deed is recorded where the TS is deeded and a copy of the recorded deed is sent to HGVC.
It'd be a good idea to ask HGVC if they have any fees for making the change on their records.
LT Transfers can do the paperwork for a reasonable fee. www.ltransfers.com

The transferee can make reservations and obtain GC's when booking or at a later date.
There is no additional fees for use of the GC.