• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Certificate Charge

ivysun99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by a RCI guide today that if I confirm a last call online, the guest certificate is free. Could you please confirm this?

JEFF H

Reaction score
ivysun99 said:
I was told by a RCI guide today that if I confirm a last call online, the guest certificate is free. Could you please confirm this?

I noticed yesterday online they are now charging for Last Call Guest Certificates. They have a AD and everything that describes how great it is that you can buy a guest certificate for $49 and give a Last Call week to friends and family.

RCI Reality check,
The free Guest Certificate was nice, this new policy stinks.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
ivysun99,

I addressed the issue of the online Guest Certificate fee in this thread.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do I need a guest certificate if I am present

We are thinking about treating the kids and grandkids to a family reunion and were going to try to do it with EVs or Last Calls at a low demand, off-season location.

Am I correct that if we are physically present and do the check in that we do not need to pay for a Guest certificate? We are going to need four units, so I would really like to save the money.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Susan,

Technically, since you will not be physically occupying all four units, you would need to purchase Guest Certificates. Call the resort and ask about their policy. Following shows RCI's Guest Certificate rules:

Consecutive weeks, same resort, same guest each week:

One Guest Certificate is needed. Guide needs to post a Guest Certificate on both exchanges. However, the member only pays for one Guest Certificate.

Consecutive weeks, same resort, different guests each week:

The guest for the first week needs a Guest Certificate. If a different guest occupies the same resort (or unit) the following week, a new Guest Certificate is needed.

Concurrent weeks, same resort:

A Guest Certificate for an occupant in each unit is needed. (it is not possible for the same guest to occupy both units simultaneously)

Different resorts, same guest at each resort:

One Guest Certificate for each resort is needed.

NolaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for Madge

Madge,

If a guest gets 2 weeks, but from 2 different owners, but at SAME resort, consecutive weeks, how many guest certificates do they really need?

Thanks
Nola

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nola,

They will need a Guest Certificate for each unit. It would technically also be necessary to have a different name on each unit, but I still recommend that you contact the resort to inquire about their policy.

Last edited:

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge said:
Nola,

They will need a Guest Certificate for each unit. It would technically also be necessary to have a different name on each unit, but I still recommend that you contact the resort to inquire about their policy.

Why would each unit need a different name if they are consecutive weeks?

Vodo

Reaction score
Has Not Been My Experience

I have always been able to book multiple units in my name without purchasing a Guest Certificate. We have never encountered any problems doing so. It never occurred to us to even contemplate a GC since we were there to check in for both units.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
Why would each unit need a different name if they are consecutive weeks?
CaliDave,

You're right, one name would be fine since the weeks are consecutive and not concurrent. Sorry about that!