• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Groupon for Kobe in Honolulu

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Groupon is having a special for the japanese restaurant Kobe in Honolulu $25 for $50 worth of foods. It is good till nov of next year. As we will be in hilton hawaii village next June, I bought one today. I assume this restaurant is similar to the one in Maui.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We love the Kobe in Honolulu! Wish we were going back soon :)

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Groupon is having a special for the japanese restaurant Kobe in Honolulu $25 for $50 worth of foods. It is good till nov of next year. As we will be in hilton hawaii village next June, I bought one today. I assume this restaurant is similar to the one in Maui.

I got 3 of them yesterday. There was another special like this at this very restaurant about 6 months ago. It's definitely one worth getting.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
does this restaurant allows me to go back twice within 1 week? We will be in honolulu for 1 week next June and I think Kobe is near hilton hawaiian village. If it is permited, I won't mind to go back twice in 1 week. thanks

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
If you missed out on the Groupon for Kobe Restaurant, they are in the Entertainment book. Show your Entertainment card and you qualify for the buy one get one deal.

edited to add:
Just realized that the 2011 Entertainment book is now expired. Not sure if Kobe is still in the 2012 book for Hawaii. FWIW, the Kobe in Vancouver is in the 2012 book for Vancouver.

Last edited:

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Used Kobe coupon last year

I sent Groupon a message regarding this coupon. When we ate there the first thing the order taker asked is if anyone was using a coupon. We responded yes and I ordered the Steak meal which several others wthout coupons ordered. My steak was half the size of those not using a coupon.The meal was excellent and I do not eat that much steak anyway so the size was adequate for me but ths is a rather tacky way to have people use coupons. Groupon responded and thanked me for the message and even though I did not request it credited our account.I hope they have contacted the restaurant and cleared matters up.
This happened to us in Waikiki also at a Korean restaurant which seated all the Groupons together upstairs and served miniscule portions of very good food at unbelievably high prices. downstairs the dinners were much bigger.
On the mainland we have had no problems with Groupon coupons and I can't say enough about Groupon's service.
The way I judge companies to be of the highest quality is what they do when something goes wrong. Everyone makes mistakes but what does the company do to clear things up??

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent Groupon a message regarding this coupon. When we ate there the first thing the order taker asked is if anyone was using a coupon. We responded yes and I ordered the Steak meal which several others wthout coupons ordered. My steak was half the size of those not using a coupon.The meal was excellent and I do not eat that much steak anyway so the size was adequate for me but ths is a rather tacky way to have people use coupons. Groupon responded and thanked me for the message and even though I did not request it credited our account.I hope they have contacted the restaurant and cleared matters up.
This happened to us in Waikiki also at a Korean restaurant which seated all the Groupons together upstairs and served miniscule portions of very good food at unbelievably high prices. downstairs the dinners were much bigger.
On the mainland we have had no problems with Groupon coupons and I can't say enough about Groupon's service.
The way I judge companies to be of the highest quality is what they do when something goes wrong. Everyone makes mistakes but what does the company do to clear things up??

You may have ordered a steak combo whereas the others could have ordered the Emperor's cut which is a lot bigger. Retail prices are higher accordingly. I was just there on Saturday. We used all 3 Groupons for our meal. I did not see anything out of the ordinary sizewise.

What does happen is that the $50 Groupon is usually not enough to cover a meal for 2. Our meal was close to $100. So, we ended up paying about $75 for a $100 meal which comes out to 25% discount. I would rather get a buy one, get one free deal.