• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Greetings From NYC - Hilton 57th

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Greetings from high atop the #102 W. 57th Street - Hilton HGVC.

Having a grand time. It's hot, but we're hanging out at the MOMA and Museum of Natural History.

Great room, nice folks, ideal location.

Heading back to MOMA tomorrow a.m. to take advantage of the Member's Only 9:30 - 10:30 am early entrance. Then, onto the King Kong Building, Eataly, back to The Broadcaster's Museum and the Apple Store (out of morbid curiosity).

Thursday is the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Friday is "Hamilton".

Saturday is "On The Town" - not my choice, by my S.E. (spousal equivalent) is retired Navy, so I let him select. Won't do that again.

We've received 3 calls from the front desk inviting me/us to meet with I-forgot-his-name for extra Hilton Honors points and to get our pass to the fitness center. Please, I don't want the points and I'm doing enough cardio just by walking. Have not responded and they have stopped calling. Not pushy, but persistent. I guess that's how they do what they do.

Any questions, please post.

-

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Hi Beags,

I'm sure you're enjoying NYC.

If you get a chance when you visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art, also take in the Cloisters which as you probably know is part of the museum and the museum Fee includes admission to the Main Building and same-week admission to The Cloisters museum and gardens. So it doesn't necessarily have to be on the same day.

For more info see http://www.metmuseum.org/visit/visit-the-cloisters

Here's hoping you enjoy 'Hamilton' as much as the critics have.

Best regards,

Richard

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My 2 cents:
Before or after a show, at non-busy hour, duck into Sardi's (234 W 44th St), if for nothing else, coffee and a dessert. It's a historic Broadway institution, the birthplace of the Tony awards, and caricatures of show-business celebrities on it's walls make a visit worthwhile.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm going to save this thread for ideas for our upcoming trip. Thanks.:D

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
My 2 cents:
Before or after a show, at non-busy hour, duck into Sardi's (234 W 44th St), if for nothing else, coffee and a dessert. It's a historic Broadway institution, the birthplace of the Tony awards, and caricatures of show-business celebrities on it's walls make a visit worthwhile.
l

Also, another historical place to have a drink is in the King Cole Bar in John Jacob Astor IV's ornate Beaux Arts monument, the St. Regis Hotel at
2 East 55th Street. It has the famous, ribald Maxfield Parrish Mural of King Cole which was restored in 2007. It's also the location of the invention of the Bloody Mary in its current form (formerly called the Red Snapper). They still serve the drink but it's expensive. If you'd rather pass on the drink and make it yourself - here is the recipe:

1 oz Vodka

2 oz tomato juice

1 dash of lemon juice

2 dashes of salt

2 dashes of black pepper

2 dashed of cayenne pepper

3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce

Combine in a cocktail shaker; shake vigorously and strain over ice cubes. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Unknown.jpeg

Old King Cole

Richard

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back home. Hamilton was superb, wonderful, funny, poignant, energizing and will sweep the Tony Awards. I am making plans to go back. Will post later with other info on our great week in NYC and the Hilton W57th stay, but for now.....

Last edited: