• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great Rock at The Branson Club

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this New Member Resort in II. Was this previously called the Grand Regency Resort? I wonder who owns it?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is the same.

kychogmin11

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been sent a maintenance fee for this. I was under the impression that this went bankrupt and the manager was jailed. I was shocked that I got this maintenance fee bill. I had no papers concerning this new property management company. I have not paid them any money. Is there anyone else who is experiencing this?

raymon

Reaction score
I was also sent a maintenance fee early this year, after not receiving anything for a few years. I have not paid any money either, and hired a lawyer to see if the new management company is legit.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The management company that bought Grand Regency out of bankruptcy is company called Goodmanagement. They also purchased and manage the Colonnade.

We use to own a week at Grand Regency but gave it away a couple of years before it went bankrupt. I’ve been watching things because the previous owner, who was little more than a thief diverting MF payments, and apparently transfer fee payment, into his personal accounts, didn’t keep accurate records of the deeds, owners or owner addresses. We purchased when it was managed by a different management company, which also went bankrupt. During that bankruptcy the resort, along with The Colonnade and French Quarter Resort, was managed by Spinnaker Resorts. Spinnaker kept the management co tract to French Quarter Resort but sold the management contracts to The Colonnade and Grand Regency to the next owner, who went bankrupt when he was charged with something like bank fraud. We were sent a MF bill for Grand Regency a year after Goodmanagement took over during the bankruptcy, which we declined to pay and sent Goodmanagement the name/address of the current owners, who had been active in using the timeshare and had made a couple of years MF payments.

Last edited:

diw4566

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dw040566
Anyone else having trouble getting out of the Great Rock Resort f/k/a Grand Regency Resort in Branson? I thought they were bankrupt and just wrote off the whole mess as a loss and lesson learned - but am now getting collections notices for past due fees..... I am interested in getting a group of owners together to investigate exactly what is going on there.

diw4566

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dw040566
I have been sent a maintenance fee for this. I was under the impression that this went bankrupt and the manager was jailed. I was shocked that I got this maintenance fee bill. I had no papers concerning this new property management company. I have not paid them any money. Is there anyone else who is experiencing this?
Are you still a Grand Regency owner? I am trying to get a list together to get total number of owners and contact info so we can compare notes.....

diw4566

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dw040566
I was also sent a maintenance fee early this year, after not receiving anything for a few years. I have not paid any money either, and hired a lawyer to see if the new management company is legit.
Are you still a Grand Regency owner? I am trying to get a list together to get total number of owners and contact info so we can compare notes.....