• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Mayan Acapulco

Bergetta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be arriving in Acapulco one day earlier than our check-in at the Grand Mayan. Does any one know of reasonable hotel accommodation for one night?

Bergetta

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry I can't help but you may want to try posting the same over at trip advisor under the Acapulco forums. I am planning a trip to Grand Mayan Acapulco and they have been very helpful on that forum.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt Regency ACA

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency ACA using Hyatt Points. This is the lowest category Hyatt so we were able to get two free nights in the regency level for a mininimum amount of points and thought this was a great value. The Hyatt was fine and I would rate it about 3 stars. There is also a supermarket right across the street so I went food shopping right before we checked into the Grand Mayan.

If you have Hyatt points this is the best value for an extra night.:cheer: :banana:

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency ACA using Hyatt Points. This is the lowest category Hyatt so we were able to get two free nights in the regency level for a mininimum amount of points and thought this was a great value. The Hyatt was fine and I would rate it about 3 stars. There is also a supermarket right across the street so I went food shopping right before we checked into the Grand Mayan.

If you have Hyatt points this is the best value for an extra night.:cheer: :banana:

Is the supermarket you speak of on the way to the Mayan? Is it out of town per say so easily accessible on way to Mayan? Thanks

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No the supermarket is next to Hyatt which is the start of the downtown area. There is a closer supermarket to the Mayan which we did not use plus there is a small store at the Mayan where you can get some items such as bread, milk etc.

Costs a little more but cheaper than getting a cab just to get a couple of items in the middle of the week that we ran out of.

Have a great time!!! You will love the Grand Mayan it is a fantastic resort!!!!:cheer: :hi:

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you are owners, call and ask them if they have any rooms available for the nightly rate for owners. Don't call Customer Service; call the resort itself. Last June I needed a room. They charged me 1/7th of my maintenance fee. Customer service gave 50% off rack rate which there was no way I was going to pay.

Ask for the reservations manager or the front desk manager; they will try their hardest to accommodate you.

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
No the supermarket is next to Hyatt which is the start of the downtown area. There is a closer supermarket to the Mayan which we did not use plus there is a small store at the Mayan where you can get some items such as bread, milk etc.

Costs a little more but cheaper than getting a cab just to get a couple of items in the middle of the week that we ran out of.

Have a great time!!! You will love the Grand Mayan it is a fantastic resort!!!!:cheer: :hi:

The store across from the Hyatt is the Wal-Mart. There is also one out in the GM area, in addition to the Market Comercial right across the street from the Wal-Mart. And the Sea Market is convenient for when you do run out of things and don't want to pay a cab, as it is a trolley-ride away.

In addition, the GM/MP complex is fantastic! We're headed back at the end of this month. We've probably stayed more than 20 times there. We love it!

Last edited:

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Larry, we will have a car, driving, so the store closer to Mayan but offsite would probably be our best bet.

Monica, so there is a Walmart and also a Mega Commercial closer to the Mayan, away form town...great!

Happy to hear you both love the Mayan Rosrots in Acapulco, this will be my first time to ACA, so I am excited and looking forward to Grand Mayan. I have stayed at Mayan Place in Mazatlan and also Nuevo Vallarta, but not ACA.