• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe membership levels & costs (merged)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Gosh - that building was a shell when we first went in 2007!! At that time, it was going to be Grand Mayan. We have seen them tear out a bunch of that building over the years and then they built a new building. :rolleyes: PP is awesome for kids though! :)

Cactus Juice

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace
When I am at the resort I identify people who overpaid for their membership by the platinum band on their wrist... I met a guy at the beach club pool in RM who has paid nearly $500k to Vidanta and all he owns is a 3 bedroom loft standard 1 + 2 week contract. It baffles me how someone could spend that much money on a freaking timeshare that is worth at best $50k. Can you imagine the bonus his sales guy gets every time he upgrades??? I own in the Estates and I don't have $50k invested yet. You would think that someone with that kind of money would know how to negotiate better...
Yes, I have the feeling that for many time share owners, affordability is not an issue. For what some people have invested they could rent a beautiful condo anywhere in the world each year and still have the remainder to invest.

b_hatch

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Somebody had posted that they had heard Vidanta was putting some Grand Luxxe units in in Acapulco. I haven't been there, so don't know whether or not it's true; there was a rumor about some going in in Puerto Penasco as well. If sales is starting to sell them there is probably some truth to it; there is otherwise a bit of a communications gap between the sales side of things and the construction side. Anyway, they don't add to the rooms and suites part of the website until the rooms are available.

Wild guess: what they could be doing in Acapulco is modifying a few existing floors in one of the existing buildings to include the "Grand Suite Deluxxe" units. If the floor plan you got in the update doesn't have a deck with a plunge pool, it's likely to be in a Mayan Palace building - no doubt high in the building. If there is a deck with a plunge pool, it's likely to be in a Grand Mayan building, which would make these units a bit bigger than the DeLuxxe 1 BR ones in Riviera Maya. I'd be interested in seeing the floor plan if you can post it. If it does have a lockout, by the way, there will be a door on one of the walls of the floor plan; on some of the unit types they include a grayed out portion for the part you aren't buying and on some others they have the two separate unit types that compose the lockout on separate floor plans.

As for what it trades to, read it carefully. In the Grand Luxxe Villa category the Junior Villa is a studio/hotel unit that has a sitting room but doesn't have a kitchen, though it has a cabinet with a microwave and coffee maker; the Grand Luxxe Villa Suite is a 1 BR with the kitchen; and the Grand Luxxe Villa Master Suite is the 2 BR combination of the two. If the Grand Suite Deluxxe trades to a Grand Luxxe Villa Suite, it's the 1 BR version. If you have any inkling of proceeding with the upgrade, have them give you a floor plan for every unit that you can trade into. Similarly for the GL suite level, a Grand Luxxe Master Room is a studio; a Grand Luxxe suite is a 1 BR; and a Grand Luxxe Master Suite is the 2 BR combination of the two.

One other thing you could negotiate for if you proceed with the upgrade is an addendum allowing you to exchange to a higher level unit a couple of times. If you only travel alone, there wouldn't be much point in exchanging to a 2 BR of anything, but it might be worth it to be able to exchange into the Celebrate Park units when the Park opens. Those are in essentially a separate category, though they do have exchange rights into Vidanta. (BTW, the "Junior Suite DeLuxxe" is one of the names for a unit in the Celebrate Park units; it's not obvious to me whether that is what they mean, though.)

Anyway, the major difference I see between what you have and what they are offering you is the ability to book the new units in Acapulco and the 1 BR Villa suite if I've interpreted it right. If your current contract allows you to trade to a regular 1 BR Grand Luxxe Suite, that gets you one with a kitchen and a deck with a pool. Those are different than the one you're in now and they shouldn't shift you to one of those units like you're in now if you've reserved a regular one. As far as the studio loft ones in NV go, it may be that they weren't really fully booked but instead had the building closed if you were down there in the fall. They tend to close buildings in the low season when there is lower occupancy and had tower 5 closed except for the restaurant on the roof for a few months in the fall. In any case, don't feel obligated to upgrade on this trip - there will always be something else available for you on a later trip. Our experience has been that they track what you were offered and share that information between the sales staff in the other locations; they've improved the offers between visits when we've declined to upgrade. For me, by the way, the value in owning with Vidanta is in the ability to book weeks in the high season (Jan-Mar). Things might change with the Parks, but it's pretty easy to get an exchange in there in the low seasons for close to or less than the usage fees overall including the resort fees they charge now.
As of right now, the construction at Puerto Penasco is halted due to COVID. I believe they were building the Grand Bliss and supposedly some GL Units

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
As of right now, the construction at Puerto Penasco is halted due to COVID. I believe they were building the Grand Bliss and supposedly some GL Units

Welcome to TUG - and thanks for the update
you can find lots of Vidanta info in the Mexican Timesharing Forum