• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Construction Noise

Asl18940

Reaction score
I'm going to the GL in Nuervo Vallarta over Thanksgiving, and have heard that there is a great deal of construction noise. First, is this true, and if so, what should I know about this situation? Second, if it's true, what's the least impacted location? Thanks for any advice. I really need some rest.

Last edited:

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I'm going to the GL over Thanksgiving, and have heard that there is a great deal of construction noise. First, is this true, and if so, what should I know about this situation? Second, if it's true, what's the least impacted location? Thanks for any advice. I really need some rest.

We just got back. The demolition of the Mayan Palace wing is over so the ongoing construction is behind the main resort areas on the next two Luxxe buildings. Might bother you a bit while at the GL pools; we primarily always go to the GM pools - not noticeable there - but much more crowded.

Mike

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going over Christmas and I am terrified of the tripadvisor reviews about construction noise. :(

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I am going over Christmas and I am terrified of the tripadvisor reviews about construction noise. :(

Unterrify yourself. It will be no big deal unless you choose to make it so.

You will have a great time.

Mike

rpennisi

Reaction score
Almost all of the TripAdvisor complaints of noise were from the jackhammering of the wing of the Mayan Palace that is now complete.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not so much worried about myself, we invited a couple of friends to go with us, and I want them to have a good vacation. They can't complain too much though since it's a free vacation :D

rpennisi

Reaction score
How is it around the Grand Bliss?

Across the road from the GB toward the golf course is the location of the train station under construction, but should not be a problem.
Near the ocean the construction of the GB pool complex is ongoing.
The Mayan Palace is a "buffer" between the GB and the GL buildings under construction.
Since the GB is so central in the complex and so close to the GM pool complex, it's a good, quiet choice.
Ron

rpennisi

Reaction score
I am not so much worried about myself, we invited a couple of friends to go with us, and I want them to have a good vacation. They can't complain too much though since it's a free vacation :D

It will be interesting to read what you think about your stay.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
How is it around the Grand Bliss?

Just got back from staying at the Grand Bliss. As Ron mentioned, all the noisy work is complete on the train station. Lots of roof thatching going on. Nothing else happening near the GB.

Mike

Holly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good, thank you. Any word on when the train, lagoon, etc. will be finished?

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Very good, thank you. Any word on when the train, lagoon, etc. will be finished?

My guess: a year or so; lots of work on tracks left and other end.

Effectively all the lagoon and garden work in front of the GB and Mayan Palace is done. Gardens are sensational to walk through, a maze of planted jungle. Boats are not cruising yet in lagoon; my updater said they had to clear out the crocodiles first; I agree totally as it would make kayaking really exciting.

Mike

Asl18940

Reaction score
SOme of the Trip Advisor reviews state that the construction noise starts at 7 am and doesn't end until 11 pm. I wrote to the GL NV concierge who indicated that the GL is having a "soft" opening, so there may be ongoing interior work in the building itself. I'm sort of hoping that because we'll be there over Thanksgiving, when it has always been packed, they'll have to good sense to tone it down.

rpennisi

Reaction score
...I'm sort of hoping that because we'll be there over Thanksgiving, when it has always been packed, they'll have to good sense to tone it down.

Interesting thought, but I doubt they will slow down with the high season approaching.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
The reality is that they will probably be working on the grand luxxe buildings while you are there. There will be times where you might here a bang or two, but certainly not enough to bother your vacation unless you allow it to. My suggestion: eliminate your negative thoughts; you are going to have a great time.

Mike

Asl18940

Reaction score
Thanks. Appreciate the info. We are also members of HGVC and had a really bad time of it when they were building the Tuscany Resort in Orlando. Next issue: beach repairs at GL in Riviera Maya!

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
So any word on the expected completed train station date? Can't wait to go back in April!

Asl18940

Reaction score
You can really see the rapid development of the train system for the resort at this point. Along the golf course, it seems significant portions are complete. The receiving facility is a beehive of activity. Some of the staff are predicting less than a year to completion. The walking mall in the Luxxe Towers is moving quickly as well. There are huge mounds of dirt being leveled to support the walkways between the towers. The older Mayan Palace building is now a two story shell that will be retrofitted with the GL spa and health club. There is no sign of construction start for the new water park or theme park. They may have hired a major consultant for this, but I am not sure it is official yet. At the presentation they indicated it would be immense in scale along the lines of an Xcaret Eco theme park.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Having heard the grandiose plans of Grupo Mayan (now Vidanta) before, I am skeptical of the wide range of their plans.
All that has been told would have a hard time fitting on their property, even if they have bought land across the Ameca River.
I mean bigger than Xcaret, wow do they know how to sling it!
I mean no offense to you, just what they put out.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Having heard the grandiose plans of Grupo Mayan (now Vidanta) before, I am skeptical of the wide range of their plans.
All that has been told would have a hard time fitting on their property, even if they have bought land across the Ameca River.
I mean bigger than Xcaret, wow do they know how to sling it!
I mean no offense to you, just what they put out.

Actually, they do have the land as they bought that entire tract of land across the river to the airport. However, I agree that all of their visions and plans are just visions - until they actually start constructing, which they don't do until they have the money in hand to do so. I have learned to just go with the flow of the changes from year to year - and not listen to their illusions of grandeur that my kids might enjoy someday.

Mike

rpennisi

Reaction score
Mike,
I know it has been said that they bought the land across the river up to the airport, but that is said by the same people (sales) that put out all their other visions. Do you know it to be true?
Some of the visions that bother me are the unfinished (or even started) projects for Los Cabos and elsewhere in the hemisphere.
Also, the whole town concept and entertainment center for Nuevo Vallarta that has been a nonstarter taken up by more Grand Luxxe buildings. It's all across the river now for our heirs (maybe).
Ron

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
No, I don't know for sure; I was told by someone (not in sales) that they had seen the public news release.

As I said, until they start building, it is all speculation. One thing for sure, they seem to be always building something somewhere.

Mike

curtbrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
rpennisi posted -
"Some of the visions that bother me are the unfinished (or even started) projects for Los Cabos and elsewhere in the hemisphere."

Hi Ron,
I think you're talking about the East Cape project that is planned just outside San Jose del Cabo. According to one of the local Cabo papers four years ago, that project was put on hold when a new Governor of Baja California Sur was elected. He was tied to many of the labor unions and and vowed to make Grupo Mayan jump through a lot of hoops during the construction process. Apparently the owner of Grupo Mayan swore that he wouldn't spend a dollar in BCS as long as that Governor was in power. Much of the money that was supposed to go toward construction of the East Cape project was diverted to construction in NV. There is now a new Governor in place and the political atmosphere is more development friendly.

An owner of one of the other popular GV websites who has contacts inside GV just returned from NV and said he was just told that the East Cape project is next on the list and will begin as soon as the NV project winds down. He did say that GV does own over 2000 acres in NV and I don't know if that means they will wait until all of it has been built, or if they will start East Cape once the work on the North side of the river is completed. Only time will tell.

Curt

rpennisi

Reaction score
Good information, thanks Curt.
2000 acres is quite a bit of land. I assume that is all across the Ameca River. If they wait for the construction at NV to wind down, that could be a long time before East Cape gets going. Might be another new governor by the time that takes place :)
Ron