• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Crowne Branson maintenance fees for 2023 not figured yet??? A problem!

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moderators if you feel this should be under exchange board please move it.

I own a several point contracts at Grand Crowne in Branson. All reservation at both the resort and exchanges are handled through a designated Interval International phone number.
At the end of 2021 the resort switched management companies and now use Capitol Vacations.

My problem is I have a couple of searches running for ski season in Breckenridge at specific resorts that my family and friends love love.
So my search picks up this prime winter week for 2023, but instead of getting a confirmation I get an email from Interval telling me there is a problem please call. I called figuring I was out of 2022 points and I needed to pay some maintenance fees for 2023 so I would have points for Interval to confirm my booking. After speaking to 5 different people at both Interval and Capital the bottom line is Capital doesn’t have the 2023 fees calculated yet so I can’t pay them. Here it is mid December and I can’t pay my 2023 maintenance fees so I can confirm the exchange. I have till 12/24 to confirm the exchange or I lose it. Normally I could just rent more points if my points had run out for the year. But since this exchange is over 60 days away and in 2023 I have to use 2023 points and to do that I have to be able to pay maintenance fees.

Any advice???

Thanks

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I’m the past, when we had deeds like this, we paid fees in advance. Those resorts would accept up to an amount of last years fees, then bill us the difference of any increase in fees once they were determined.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck—-as we own @ Stormy Point (Capital owned) & do not have our 2023 dues yet either. We normally have them early Dec in past years.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks but the past is not an road map this year. Believe me if they wouldn’t have taken any money from me for points I would have paid it.
Seems strange both resorts are managed by Capitol. I bet Grand Crowne isn’t thrilled after they changed management companies in 2021 expecting vast improvement and got the opposite.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Snidely.jpg
I'm sure Capital Resorts has a plan for those maintenance fees of yours.

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
In an exchange situation similar to yours, my resort (managed by VRI) let me pay ahead an amount equal to last year's maintenance fee and told me they would bill me the difference when the new maintenance fee was determined. I was then able to proceed with an II exchange.