• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Bliss Maya Riviera Surcharges? When to pay?

rpennisi

Reaction score
I did an II exchange to Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya, paid the $450 resort fee in advance, and received a $200 food and beverage credit for paying in advance when I arrived there last week.

They told me I wouldn't have received the $200 credit if I had waited to pay the resort fees when I got there, but I am just wondering if that is true.
If that happens to be what the policy is now, then I am sure some or many will pay in advance to get the $200 or 250 dollar food and beverage credit (if it gets verified).

Chillers

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
t
Finally got around to calling Vidanta. The young lady on the phone indicated the new policy was to pay resort fees within 30 days of arrival. I said that's not what my friends have been telling me? She said this was a new policy. I fluffed it off and then proceeded to make arrangements for my pickup at the airport. She confirmed my Reservation and did not press me further for payment.

I intend to pay the fee at checkout in pesos as has been recommended here.
VIdanta is cutting their own throats,withall these fees.

Flasher42

Reaction score
Evaluation of Grand Luxxe-
Arrived Oct 2,2022 late checkin is no big deal as you can eat or drink at any restaurant/bar to pass the time. Luckily our room was available about 3:30p was very
nice 2 bedroom and exactly as expected. Deck and furniture weathered showed signs of neglect and loose boards, danger for kids. Plunge pool had not been cleaned, we asked, and it was done within 30 minutes.
All restaurants and bars and staff were amazing, Mexican Fiesta was very entertaining.
Sadly I need to say COCKROACHES, not just one but 4 over the days.
Concierge was notified along with email sent. Next day another trip to Concierge and follow up email. Sadly I need to say communication was lacking. I never received a written response to my email, but did get a verbal apology. Our last night someone did call (I didn’t talk to the caller) apologizing giving us a credit for transfers back to airport.
We also paid room fee early along with Dining Experience ($1150 food credit)
The Dining Experience was 7a-5 pm all food and drink, Even room service. Does not include tips. We planned ahead many days and ordered dinner before 5 and just ate it later. We did have a little credit the last evening so we filled up on steak and treats.
We never did the presentation as they would only give discounts and a gift card for a thousand dollars to use within the next year for a Vidanta cruise
Lastly the 1 in 4 rule seems like a major loss of revenue. The resort was not near full,
Especially as it’s shoulder season. I could see limiting trading during high season.
Over all a good vacation as long as no critters snuck in our luggage.

Sent from my iPad