• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got Baited

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I would at this point I would have no idea what would work for me. At the last presentation it was said I could change my use year with a simple phone call.
It would seem that Wyndham's release date is based
On calendar year, that's an assumption.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I use say September as my start month, come January I would be at 10 months while majority of people would be at 13 months. Is the assumption correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You are not wrong, but the person that told you you could change your use year with a phone call was quite wrong.

The standard use year begins on Jan 1. Wyndham has from time to time aligned all use years to a January use year. Unless you need ARP or plan to deposit to RCI, your best bet is to credit pool everything and forget it and just use the points when you need them since you can do so anytime within the next 3 years.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't quite see what your saying. At 13 months, and using ARP, you have to call in to reserve, or am I wrong?
So in that case it would be advisable to hold some back from the pool? And Then easier resorts should still be available at 10 months, so the balance should be pooled?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't quite see what your saying. At 13 months, and using ARP, you have to call in to reserve, or am I wrong?
So in that case it would be advisable to hold some back from the pool? And Then easier resorts should still be available at 10 months, so the balance should be pooled?

Yes, we need to call in 13 months in advance for ARP at our home resort. But we can't just call up and arbitrarily change our use year begin date.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Situation I believe is somewhat different with CWA.
I have to book either on line or call CV.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Situation I believe is somewhat different with CWA.
I have to book either on line or call CV.

You still have to call in to use ARP, whether for a UDI home resort or a CWA-based ARP reservation at any of the 70+ CWA resorts.

But CWA or UDI, you can't just "call in" to change your use year from Jan-Dec to say, Oct-Sept.

Oldtimer1029

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bait and switch-Yep

My wife and I are also Silver VIP owners. As new owners since August, 2014 we knew that we had a lot to learn. We were talked into agreeing to meet with a "knowledgeable owner " at the New Orleans site. We were assured that he was an "absolute genius" at using points to there best advantage. Bottom line, more points for $34,000. I tried my best to ruin his whole day.
Six months later,we went to Las Vegas. Free breakfast and new "benefits". Promise time again, "Absolutely no sales pitch". Promises, promises, that's all I ever get.
Is it just me or is the red headed magician in their ads a perfect picture of the Flim, Flam Man?

hotellier

Reaction score
If I was dying on the sidewalk and a Wyndham timeshare salesman told me he was going to call an ambulance for me I wouldn't believe him.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I was dying on the sidewalk and a Wyndham timeshare salesman told me he was going to call an ambulance for me I wouldn't believe him.

"The ambulance is on the way. They asked me to have you sign this care waiver while they are on route. Just initial here, here, here, here, and here, and sign here at the bottom. They'll also need your SSN and a major Credit Card."

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to get in front of them again. Since coming back to tug, I have accumulated a bunch of really good things to ask. More fun when you are done buying points

hotellier

Reaction score
"The ambulance is on the way. They asked me to have you sign this care waiver while they are on route. Just initial here, here, here, here, and here, and sign here at the bottom. They'll also need your SSN and a major Credit Card."

I'll add to that:

The ambulance finally came an hour later, and it wasn't an ambulance at all, it was a taxi! The taxi long hauled me to the hospital, despite my severe condition.

After I was discharged from the hospital, I noticed I was missing a kidney and was told by the doctor that the paperwork the timeshare salesman had me fill out allowed him to take a vital organ and resell it. I then got a bill in the mail the charging me for the procedure!

:banana::banana::banana: