• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Google is really annoyed you're using Microsoft Edge

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Google is really annoyed you're using Microsoft Edge.

Richard

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would use google but chase.com won't work with Google Chrome, but it works fine with MS Edge.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually like the new Edge. I read some reviews and they said that Edge slightly edges out Chrome in performance.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also use Chase with Chrome.

From howtogeek.com, "The new Microsoft Edge is based on the Chromium open-source project. Chromium forms the basis of Google Chrome, so the new Edge feels very similar to Google Chrome. It includes features found in Chrome, supports Chrome browser extensions, and has the same rendering engine as Google Chrome.Mar 5, 2020"

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would use google but chase.com won't work with Google Chrome, but it works fine with MS Edge.
I have a similar problem getting to my Bank of America account with using my ChromeBook. I have to use Mozilla Firefox to access it...

George

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Google has paid lip service to protecting consumer and data privacy and security. I was a heavy Chrome user but for these reasons have now diversified into Brave, Edge and Mozilla and only use Chrome now as a last resort.

Perhaps because of consumer migration, the industry has been slowing de-prioritizing Chrome support relative to other browsers as I frequently encounter problems with certain websites using Chrome.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We also have used Chase with Crome for years with no issues.

A tech at another website said a lot of issues can be resolved by deleting cookies+history.
I did it and voila! No more issues with that website.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
We also have used Chase with Crome for years with no issues.

A tech at another website said a lot of issues can be resolved by deleting cookies+history.
I did it and voila! No more issues with that website.

did that, and didn't fix anything.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I have a similar problem getting to my Bank of America account with using my ChromeBook. I have to use Mozilla Firefox to access it...

George

Google has paid lip service to protecting consumer and data privacy and security. I was a heavy Chrome user but for these reasons have now diversified into Brave, Edge and Mozilla and only use Chrome now as a last resort.

Perhaps because of consumer migration, the industry has been slowing de-prioritizing Chrome support relative to other browsers as I frequently encounter problems with certain websites using Chrome.

As y'all note, there are an increasing number of reasons Chrome is becoming less desirable as the days go by. I would be entirely using other browsers if I did not have to support Chromebooks at work, but at home I only have Chrome available for those occasions where Firefox (browser of primary use) or Safari (browser of secondary use) may not work.

From my recent experiences, (though a small number) it seems there are an increasing number of websites that are having problems with one browser but not others. I was a very strong supporter of Firefox (and still am for my home computer) but their version of Firefox for Android phones is awful as it is frequently very slow to respond on websites where the day before all was well. Its performance (on Android phones) is inconsistent and unpredictable.

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate Google. They shut down my adwords account because I violated one of their policies. I tried to figure out which one and I cant figure it out. I asked them for help, but they ignore me. On the day they showdown my account, I was notified by my hosting provider I had a malware infection. Not sure how that happened. I thought protection was part of what I was paying for. I removed all the malware. Given the timing, I thought Google suspended me because of the malware. Even after I fixed my website, Google still ignores me. I'm wondering how heavy handed Google is when it comes to adword accounts and competitors? Maybe I wasn't spending enough money on keywords? I say screw google and I hope the other browsers get more popular.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Google today is what the Bell System was years ago.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I haven't used Edge because my Dashlane password manager wasn't compatible with in. I just installed the new release of Edge and now Dashlane works with it. I'll have to give it a try.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I use Norton password manager and had the same issue with Edge. Plugin now works so will use more often.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had trouble lately with my citi card account with chrome. I may have to try edge and see what happens

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
My trial of the new Edge was short. Some pages the fonts are too small, and some too large. Never have that problem with Chrome.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using the new Edge exclusively now. Like all things computer, there is a short learning curve, but Edge seems 'normal' now. I know it has lots of features that I don't need/use, but I'll stick with it for a while anyway. Much more of it work like Chrome than the old Edge.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I started using Edge a few years ago, and it loads pages noticeably faster than Chrome on my system. I've had no issues.

Kurt