• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good Orlando Timeshare Attorney

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in contacting a great Orlando timeshare attorney. It is not about getting out of of timeshare purchase or getting rid of a timeshare.

It is much more complex then that. The payoff is much higher as well.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in contacting a great Orlando timeshare attorney. It is not about getting out of of timeshare purchase or getting rid of a timeshare.

It is much more complex then that. The payoff is much higher as well.

There's a firm in Ft Myers that specializes in condo issues ( and aren't timeshares just condos with multiple owners)

if they aren't the right firm for your project i bet they could refer you to one that is

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
every "legal assistance" firm we have seen to date demands significant upfront fees for their services...thus not something we would suggest or support.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
is an easy non lawyer required solution....stop paying.

although im guessing you want a way to get out of that and avoid the credit related repercussions.

every "legal assistance" firm we have seen to date demands significant upfront fees for their services...thus not something we would suggest or support.

The op said he's NOT trying to get out of a timeshare purchase

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah..good catch...its late!

edited reply...

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess,which I don't at all expect a yay or nay on, is a certain possible breach of contract issue with a major TS company............

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been tried by others -- VIP owners such as Sirmon, Spearman, et. al. -- without success.

I am sure it will prove to be just another attorney enrichment program, too.

Orlando would be the absolute last place to attempt something like this from a plaintiff's point of view.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No personal experience, not a relative and if you insist: Finn Law Group - Largo, FL :shrug:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The Orange County (Orlando) Bar Association offers a legal referral service.
Its a Florida Bar-approved local Lawyer Referral Service.

For $50 up front, you'll get 30 minutes with a lawyer in your area of need.
You call or e-mail and an actual person will match you with an attorney.
It has a good reputation. See: https://www.orangecountybar.org/referral

The Florida Bar also has a referral service which uses an online form.
For $25 paid to the lawyer who lists himself, you get a 30-minute consult.
See: https://www.floridabar.org/divpgm/lronline.nsf/wreferral6?OpenForm

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess,which I don't at all expect a yay or nay on, is a certain possible breach of contract issue with a major TS company............

another possibility is that that certain timeshare company may be going after the op for some violation of their rules

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What, pray tell, is a 'timeshare attorney'?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Yep. I suspect this will be throwing good money after bad.

But, what do I know? Not much, as has been pointed out many times.

I agree.

Walking away and taking the credit hit may be less expensive and damaging.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know it would not be easy and trying to avoid it but need to look into it as an option. It is not about getting out of a contract.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who was the woman who crunch a certain "W" timeshare company for a big settlement.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
What, pray tell, is a 'timeshare attorney'?

I have had the wild idea that I could sell my boat as a timeshare. maybe 12 owners with 4 weeks each and 4 weeks left over for maintenance.

I would of course want a timeshare attorney on my team to help develop this idea. or not

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I have had the wild idea that I could sell my boat as a timeshare. maybe 12 owners with 4 weeks each and 4 weeks left over for maintenance.

I would of course want a timeshare attorney on my team to help develop this idea. or not

That idea is not new. I have seen this concept for years. I see ads when I search CL for boats.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That idea is not new. I have seen this concept for years. I see ads when I search CL for boats.

No one ever accused me of ever having an original idea. But I'll still need a Tomeshare attorney to put it together

jimr17

Reaction score

There are a lot of issues with this idea especially because you need someone to manage the boat, how to get the most out of it when none of the members want to use it, etc. The members of the group I know of (there were less than 12) decided to divest and reintegrate the ownership and sell the boats some to prior members of the boat association. Fortunately they had accommodated that contingency in the formation documents (which I don't have BTW or I'd email them).