• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GOLF Question

Gordo1111

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning a golf trip with the boys. Can anyone help with a suggestion. There are some resorts with Gofing on-site and others with Golf close by.

I'm leaning towards South Carolina, Las Vegas or Arizona.

Thanks, gordo

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Here in the Southeast, Hilton Head is considered by many to the golfing destination of choice.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Scottsdale (Arizona) Resorts are all on or near some of the top golf courses. Of course, when you are coming might determine which of the three you choose. :p

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning a golf trip with the boys. Can anyone help with a suggestion. There are some resorts with Gofing on-site and others with Golf close by.

I'm leaning towards South Carolina, Las Vegas or Arizona.

Thanks, gordo
When are you planning your trip? South Carolina has great golf, but winter weather can be a crap-shoot. Friends of mine go to Myrtle Beach every March. They've experienced the whole spectrum of weather (except snow).
Sunny days; chilly,wet days; gale force winds; and total washouts.

Gordo1111

TUG Member
Reaction score
my travel times are flex. and can travel in feb/march.

does it pay to join that golf discount club via II?

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would not go to S C in March. March seems to be very windy and has a chill. Feb may be better. If you go to S C MB area, you will have about 100 golf places to golf with in 1 hour drive. You could contact Martin's golf store in M B. They offer specials on the local courses.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
heritage club at hhi offer golf package

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not go to S C in March. March seems to be very windy and has a chill. Feb may be better. If you go to S C MB area, you will have about 100 golf places to golf with in 1 hour drive. You could contact Martin's golf store in M B. They offer specials on the local courses.

February better than March? That's a strange thing to say about golf on the east coast. It snows in February... a bunch. March begins the season on the east coast, but you still might see some leftover snow banks. Nonetheless, look at Hilton Head Island in March, or Pinehurst, NC in March, or Southern Pines, NC in March.

February will dissapoint you and your party, IMHO.

Rereading your post, If you really wanna golf in Feb or Mar and wear light slacks and polos you should book AZ or NM.

Last edited:

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score

IMO, no, but I'm not the die-hard golfer that has to play at the premium courses around the country. If I recall, many of the discounts were for mid-week play and you had to buy 3 rounds to get one free.

I agree with the other posters. If you want to play golf in SC, then March is better than February, but the weather is still iffy. If you want to stay on the East Coast, you may want to go further south to Florida. Otherwise Scottsdale, Palm Springs, etc are much better choices.
"Hit 'em straight"

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
February better than March? That's a strange thing to say about golf on the east coast. It snows in February... a bunch. March begins the season on the east coast, but you still might see some leftover snow banks. Nonetheless, look at Hilton Head Island in March, or Pinehurst, NC in March, or Southern Pines, NC in March.

February will dissapoint you and your party, IMHO.

Rereading your post, If you really wanna golf in Feb or Mar and wear light slacks and polos you should book AZ or NM.

What you have to remember is this is the South. No snow in M B . As I said before,March is very windy. Also, Dec thru March is a hot time to play down here. Rates go up. Some winters are a little colder. Some are warmer down here. Where I live, people play all year round. The temp changes 4 times a day down here. Pinehurst and Southern Pines are a good 3 hours North of M B. M B would be warmer then those two places. However, we do have cold days from time to time that you would not want to play.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The Scottsdale (Arizona) Resorts are all on or near some of the top golf courses. Of course, when you are coming might determine which of the three you choose. :p

The peak time for travel to AZ is March. Great golf weather and also spring training. BUT that makes getting a trade into AZ much tougher than a Feb or April trade.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gordo,

If you choose an area with ALOT of golf courses (Las Vegas, Orlando, Palm Springs, etc)---use ezlinks and golfnow for reduced greens fees!!

Pat

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered So. Cal? (San Diego)

We stayed in Escondido at the Welk Villas and they have a nice golf course there plus lots of golf around the area.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Marriott Desert Springs last March (last week). The weather was fabulous and the golf was just as good. I second Pat's suggestion of using golfnow.com. Their rates were VERY good. My husband wants to go back again for two weeks.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach for golf. MB has more golf courses than anyone state on the east coast second only to the state of FL.