• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going to Williamsburg this long weekend

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Anybody else going?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Driving passed Williamsburg Plantation two weeks ago,the City were laiding new sewers pipes in front of the resort. Look for some new landscaping in that area.

The majority of the restaurants were doing take out orders only.

The only public beach open as of 5/27 was Virginia Beach in the state.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Driving passed Williamsburg Plantation two weeks ago,the City were laiding new sewers pipes in front of the resort. Look for some new landscaping in that area.

The majority of the restaurants were doing take out orders only.

The only public beach open as of 5/27 was Virginia Beach in the state.
Thanks for letting me know.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
and Colonial Williamsburg is still closed although you can walk DOG street and the gardens
Thanks for letting me know. That is better than nothing.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Effective Friday, May 29, 2020 all public beaches will be open in the state of Virginia.
However, you must wear a mask in public areas starting May 29, 2020., ordered by the Governor of Virginia.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I had a long Memorial day weekend booked at the Colonies. They were opened, but with CW shutdown and Busch Garden closed, and the pool basically shut down I did not see my family enjoying the trip. And in my view it made perfect sense for all of those things to be shut down. I then booked Massanutten Mountainside to spend the weekend camping. They were closed down, so instead it was primitive camping and hiking for me and my son in the Massanutten range ... which we did enjoy.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wife and I have a 3BR unit reserved at Governor's Green July 1-5. Wyndham's Resort Updates says GG is taking new reservations starting July 5 but has no information about status between now and then.

Maybe Gov. Northam will get his head out of his whatever by then and Virginia can start returning to something like normal.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The Colonies has been open through all or almost all of this. It looks like Wyndham has closed Kingsgate for a while. No availability on it through RCI until September.

Neither Governor Northam not the Commonwealth of Virginia has closed down timeshares at this time. Private Management (Wyndham) did. Probably not that crazy with a pandemic going on, CW closed, and Busch Gardens closed.

Wife and I have a 3BR unit reserved at Governor's Green July 1-5. Wyndham's Resort Updates says GG is taking new reservations starting July 5 but has no information about status between now and then.

Maybe Gov. Northam will get his head out of his whatever by then and Virginia can start returning to something like normal.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Colonies has been open through all or almost of this. It looks like Wyndham has also closed Kingsgate for a while. No availability on it through RCI until September.

Neither Governor Northam not the Commonwealth of Virginia have closed down timeshares at this time. Private Management (Wyndham) did. Probably not that crazy with a pandemic going on, CW closed, and Busch Gardens closed.
The Marriott’s Manor Club @ Ford Colony in Williamsbur, VA is open with limited amenities.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I was just reading an article about VA having a spike in COVID cases.
Just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to know what to make of articles like that. Yahoo articles are what you might call "reading lite." Some "spiking" is expected as states and localities open up. How reliable are the statistics? To what extent are increases due to more testing?

As for Virginia, Charlottesville and Roanoke, with populations of maybe 50,000 and 100,000 respectively, aren't what I'd call metropolitan areas. No mention of Fairfax-Arlington counties (~1.3 million), Norfolk-VA Beach (~700,000), or even Henrico County (Richmond) (~330,000). Williamsburg, Hampton, and Newport News combined have more people than Charlottesville or Roanoke.

If the governor makes state-wide public health decisions based on what's going on in Roanoke and Charlottesville, he should be thankful Virginia statutes have no provision for recall of the governor.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
It's hard to know what to make of articles like that. Yahoo articles are what you might call "reading lite." Some "spiking" is expected as states and localities open up. How reliable are the statistics? To what extent are increases due to more testing?

As for Virginia, Charlottesville and Roanoke, with populations of maybe 50,000 and 100,000 respectively, aren't what I'd call metropolitan areas. No mention of Fairfax-Arlington counties (~1.3 million), Norfolk-VA Beach (~700,000), or even Henrico County (Richmond) (~330,000). Williamsburg, Hampton, and Newport News have more people than Charlottesville and Roanoke.

If the governor makes state-wide public health decisions based on what's going on in Roanoke and Charlottesville, he should be thankful Virginia statutes have no provision for recall of the governor.

I realize they were not talking about Williamsburg. It’s just for informational purposes. Do with it what you will.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you saying one person action or inaction can cause pain, suffering or even pleasure ?

As for Virginia, Charlottesville and Roanoke, with populations of maybe 50,000 and 100,000 respectively, aren't what I'd call metropolitan areas. No mention of Fairfax-Arlington counties (~1.3 million), Norfolk-VA Beach (~700,000), or even Henrico County (Richmond) (~330,000). Williamsburg, Hampton, and Newport News have more people than Charlottesville and Roanoke.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you saying one person action or inaction can cause pain, suffering or even pleasure ?

I didn't think I was saying that but since you brought it up, absolutely!! YES!! It happens all the time -- virus or no virus.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I realize they were not talking about Williamsburg. It’s just for informational purposes. Do with it what you will.

My point about the Yahoo article is that is doesn't provide very much useful information.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today in Williamsburg it will be clear and sunny.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Colonial Williamsburg is open June 14th. On Busch Gardens website, it lists park open starting June 25th on the park calendar. I have not seen an official notice, though.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am praying The Chef Kitchen and all the Colonial Williamburg restaurants will be able to reopen in Williamsburg.