• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going to cancel wyndham contract need help

Lesismore2017

Reaction score
The retail value of that tablet can simply (and lawfully) be deducted from the deposit refund if you fail to return it, if they should choose to do so.
They won't "contact" you to return it --- they don't need to. Westgate surely would just deduct the value from refund; don't know about others. :shrug:

Already recvd full refund

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

If you did not return the tablet, you're lucky to apparently not have had its' retail value deducted from your refund; they would have had every right to do so. "Rescission", by definition, means returning to the status preceding contract execution, as if the contract had never even been executed in the first place.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Awesome!

Now you can take your time to do some research about timeshares before buying (or taking for free) any other ones. There is lots of information here on TUG as well as a number of happy owners who can share their knowledge and experience with you. So don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of viable options out there for you. :whooopie:

Bpaul89

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seascape Destin Florida
My understanding was they started giving out the kindle fires instead of the big books due to be cheaper less in printing and publishing. So I don't see anyone returning the books they hand out after signing.. Idk though just wondering. Thanks everyone

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding was they started giving out the kindle fires instead of the big books due to be cheaper less in printing and publishing. So I don't see anyone returning the books they hand out after signing.. Idk though just wondering. Thanks everyone

You may be correct. Rescinding Westgate buyers have previously reported being clearly informed that they would be charged for failing to return the (relatively worthless) binder and materials issued to them at contract execution. Maybe it's a different gig at Wyndham, I dunno. :shrug:

Bpaul89

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seascape Destin Florida
You may be correct. Rescinding Westgate buyers have previously reported being clearly informed that they would be charged for failing to return the (relatively worthless) binder and materials issued to them at contract execution. Maybe it's a different gig at Wyndham, I dunno. :shrug:

Well if they deduct it oh well now that I have used it and synced it with email I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it back I don't know how to wipe it clean of out Amazon account and emails seeing yoiu have t set it all up with your personal stuff to access their books through amazon. We already hard the amazon prime account so I wouldn't want anyone to have access to that.

KaylaD

Reaction score
Please help I do understand this may be an old thread but my husband and I have fallen victim to the Wyndham scam from New Orleans avenue resort presentation. They promised us extremely discounted tickets to the zoo and aquarium for attending the 90 minute session .. so 5 hours later and several “no thank you’s” we are signing for a 6 month no interest and no payment timeshare plan. It all seemed too good to be true and we feel so stupid for doing it. We did this on Saturday 6-9-18 and when we got home we have been trying to call our rep to talk and find out info on what’s going on with the $20,000 we spent and he will not return our calls. I’ve called multiple other numbers too. I found the way to cancel and typed up my letter on 6-15-18.. day 6..... and I couldn’t send it till today due to the post office being closed all weekend. I’m in panic mode all because of two days .. Saturday and Sunday .... I finally got an email to send the letter to as well but I found it today 6-18-18 ... what if they don’t approve it? What do we do? I’ve been trying to find out what to do.. it’s not like I’ve been sitting here not doing anything, I can’t help the post office is closed and the numbers I’ve called are Monday through Friday as well. I’m freaking out! Is their 7 day period business days or actual 7 days? Can some shed some light on this while I wait impatiently for their response.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is 7 days, starting the day after you signed the contract. By my math, that was the 16th. Also by my calendar, USPS was open on Saturday. If they don't approve your rescission, you are a timeshare owner. They are under no obligation to call or return your calls. The longer they delay you, the better for them. If your contract said you could rescind by email (doubtful) and you emailed Saturday, you might be OK, but you are cutting it awfully close.

Good Luck!

Jim

P.S. All you can do is mail it today. Good Luck!

Last edited:

KaylaD

Reaction score
It is 7 days, starting the day after you signed the contract. By my math, that was the 16th. Also by my calendar, USPS was open on Saturday. If they don't approve your rescission, you are a timeshare owner. They are under no obligation to call or return your calls. The longer they delay you, the better for them. If your contract said you could rescind by email (doubtful) and you emailed Saturday, you might be OK, but you are cutting it awfully close.

Good Luck!

Jim

P.S. All you can do is mail it today. Good Luck!

I mailed and emailed today. I pray they just accept it and let us out. It’s one day!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I mailed and emailed today. I pray they just accept it and let us out. It’s one day!
Well, good. All you can do is hope and pray, as they are not obligated to inform you on the progress of your rescission. So, did you get the deeply discounted tickets?

KaylaD

Reaction score
Well, good. All you can do is hope and pray, as they are not obligated to inform you on the progress of your rescission. So, did you get the deeply discounted tickets?

Ha yeah and I wish I would have gone straight to the park and paid full price for them! I regret every single decision I made that day! I even asked them ( after 5 hours)if we could go to the park and think about it and come back ( because we were staying at that hotel) and let them know our decision and they said the offer expires if we walk out of the door! They were so aggressive and so demanding and I was so weak and I’m beating myself for it!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I even asked them ( after 5 hours)if we could go to the park and think about it and come back ( because we were staying at that hotel) and let them know our decision and they said the offer expires if we walk out of the door!
We know how it goes. Honest. Now a little truth- If you are successful rescinding (fingers crossed) and you go back there next week, next month, next year, the same deal will be available. If their lips were moving, they were lying.

KaylaD

Reaction score
We know how it goes. Honest. Now a little truth- If you are successful rescinding (fingers crossed) and you go back there next week, next month, next year, the same deal will be available. If their lips were moving, they were lying.

I will never ever ever go back to a Wyndham owned hotel or resort if I get out of this! I have been praying my heart out to get out of this! I don’t even care if I have to pay a cancellation fee or lose some money I just need to be free of this trap! Please keep us in your prayers or thoughts!

Landyl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldmarkbyWyndham
I just joined this site so I could come in and thank you all for your advice and info on rescinding a Worldmark by Wyndham contract. We fell into their trap and when I couldn't sleep that night (still at the resort), I started googling and came upon your site. By the next day, I had a letter written and had it mailed to Orlando which was the address on our contract.

We successfully rescinded during the rescission period thanks to all your help and advice on this forum. You saved me $35,000! Thank you so much!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I just joined this site so I could come in and thank you all for your advice and info on rescinding a Worldmark by Wyndham contract. We fell into their trap and when I couldn't sleep that night (still at the resort), I started googling and came upon your site. By the next day, I had a letter written and had it mailed to Orlando which was the address on our contract.

We successfully rescinded during the rescission period thanks to all your help and advice on this forum. You saved me $35,000! Thank you so much!
Congratulations on saving $35000 and welcome to TUG. Tug will give you a wealth of information so you can learn all about timesharing and get what works for you often at low or no cost.

When you joined did you join as a member? It is only $15 and supports this wonderful site giving you additional benefits.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wonderful to see multiple rescissions in a single thread!!!!

congrats!