• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Glad I booked flight when I did

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had been checking flights from Ct or NJ to PVR- booked 3 days ago- glad I did -just checked price -went up $197 per person and there is 4 of us going. Sure would have been kicking myself if I waited.

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
book now, look later

I start looking at air as far out as I can, if I find a price I can live with I take it. I watch the price and take the credit if it goes down and pat myself on the back if it goes up. I booked jfk/aua for march, price was (drum roll please) $375.35 pp, so I know that one is not going down. Booked friends for the same time period jfk/sxm, $701.75 pp. ouch! As I watch this one in wonderment it has gone as high as $1049.75. The price changes more than the NY weather, what are they thinking? I understand it's a dog eat dog industry but I'm not so sure deregulation turned out so well as the number of national carriers dwindles and the service goes down the pipe. Flew 1st class (ff miles bump) a short time ago mia/jfk and the meal was half of an egg salad sandwich made with perhaps a tablespoon of filling, I know quite a few of the fligh attendants on this carrier and was looking for the hidden camera, thought it was a practical joke. I'll get off the soapbox now, glad you bought when you did.

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
What amazes me is the HUGE jumps in price at one time. When I first started watching prices to PVR I was surprised at the price to begin with(1st trip to Mexico). Kept playing with different departure airports. Overnight I saw price decrease $30 and was tempted to wait longer. I didn't know that I could request refund if price went down. Little bird on my shoulder said "buy now"

cguardia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked from Lafayette, La to PVR 8 days ago. Flying Continental for $530 a person, 4 adults. Checked a few minutes ago. Same price, in fact, this has been the price since I started looking back in November 2005. Our flight is for May 2006.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should have booked sooner

I just booked a flight from Milwaukee to LA, direct flight on Northwest for $282/ticket for this Christmas. I know this is a good fare but, had I booked even yesterday, I could have had a ticket for the same price out of Milwaukee with a much better schedule. Even two days ago, there was a direct flight from Green Bay for $300 on Midwest Airlines. Dumb me, I took the time to ask my husband if he was willing to drive to Milwauke for their $261 flight. With five of us travelling, the $200 difference is at least worth considering. I never got a real answer, went to bed, and it was of course gone. What was I thinkiing?!? I should have just booked it. Especially knowing our school's band is playing in the Rose Bowl and tickets would fill up more than usual. So today, like everyone else stranded at home because of the snow storm, I'm looking for a flight and watching them go up with every click. Grrr...

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
refunds

Forgot to mention that AA's policy on refunds/vouchers is full price on the difference internationally, full domesticly minus a $100 fee, don't know about other airlines. To me it makes more sense to purchase early for int and hope for a reduction and shop hard for domestic flights, you will do the same amount of legwork but it's easy to get shut out of an int destination that only has a few flights a day while in the states there are more ways to skin a cat, alternate airports, off hour flights, hidden cities (don't quote me), etc. I have gained a great deal of respect for the travel agents who put up with me before the internet.