• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Glacier Canyon Presidential

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
I’ve noticed for the past week there are no presidential rooms available at glacier Canyon. This was a sudden change. As far out as my search allows absolutely no presidential. All I’m seeing are deluxe units. I am a presidential reserve owner and realize there are changes this year at glacier canyon but I was told the presidential reserve rooms would turn into presidential rooms but would still be available. A week ago there were plenty of presidential and PR rooms. When I called I was told they were all booked which I found very questionable. I’m just wondering if others are seeing this?

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I saw it too. I would sometimes be willing to bet that a rep just makes up an answer and the others hear it and use it too. I assumed they were in the process of changing the inventory from presidential reserve to just presidential in the system and that is why we aren't seeing anything at all.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I I understand through secondary info that Glacier Canyon eliminate all PR units as Wyndham did in Chicago. No more PR units there either. I may be wrong, but that's what I was told by a PR owner.

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
I saw it too. I would sometimes be willing to bet that a rep just makes up an answer and the others hear it and use it too. I assumed they were in the process of changing the inventory from presidential reserve to just presidential in the system and that is why we aren't seeing anything at all.
You are probably correct. They don’t know so they just come up with something. Honestly we as owners often know much more than they do. I think we’ll just have to wait and see.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I I understand through secondary info that Glacier Canyon eliminate all PR units as Wyndham did in Chicago. No more PR units there either. I may be wrong, but that's what I was told by a PR owner.

i guess technically they eliminated the PR rooms in Chicago, along with all of the other rooms, when the usage agreemeant for the Chicago resort was terminated.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Just curious. It's possible Wyndham owns some 'unsold' inventory at any resort. But, why does the local resort have so much control over inventory availability when that inventory actually belongs to TS owners. What's the rationale behind releasing inventory? Whose inventory? I have seen this happen in Grand Desert. All of a sudden a whole lot of 2-bedroom lock-offs materialize from somewhere. Who was holding onto them until then? And on what basis?
The 2BR lock-offs must be a hot commodity. I remember one of my guests whom I had gotten upgraded to 2-bedroom lock-off at GD got bait&switched to a 2-BR deluxe once they found out he only had 4 people in his party! They told him they were upgrading him to a 2BR Deluxe and he bought it. I had to tell him lock-off is worth more points than a 2BR Deluxe and not an upgrade.

I have many related questions about ExtraHolidays and whose inventory they are selling? Perhaps I should start a separate thread.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't there some perks associated with PR ownership? If PR is being eliminated at some resorts what about the perks PR owners should be receiving at those resorts?