• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Giving back Mt. View Week

dneuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently, I had great success giving my 2 weeks at Mt. Amanzi back to the resort. I simply signed over the weeks to Dani Schute who handled the transfer. I stated up front that I no longer wished to use the resort or be obligated for the maintenance fees and he sent me the forms immediately. No cost to me - didn't even need a notary to validate my signature.

I also contacted Mt. View resort and asked for the same consideration. 2012 levies are due and I made clear that I no longer wished to be responsible for them. I got a very nice note back that said they had taken back all the weeks that they were willing to for 2011 and that I should pay my maintenance fee and get back to them in Sept. 2012. Like that's going to happen.

Question: What happens if I merely refuse to pay? Is there really any difference between trying to be nice and sign a paper and defaulting by refusing to pay?

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too had luck giving back Mt Amanzi earlier this year.

I was prepared to just not pay it and let them try to chase me down. General consensus is that since they are in Africa and you are in the US, there's not much they can do. From the sounds of it, you're prepared to do what I was; not pay and let the chips fall where they may.

Good luck.

martyap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try Selling it on Bid or Buy

I sold a Durban Sands week on the South African equivalent of eBay.....
Bid or Buy. Durban Sands has a new regulation that ownership had to pass to a resident of SA to that worked out well........you might try it.

I considered "walking away" but felt trying to sell it cheap was a better long term solution.

roses13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Selling Time share at Durban Sounds

Can you tell me how you sold Durban Sands and what you needed in terms of paperwork to sell it? I am desperate to do this? could I sell for 10R? I know this sounds crazy but I bought many years ago with a reseller and don't recall getting much in the way of paperwork.
How long did it take?
Thanks so much!