Due to the worsening economy we are practically on a bread & water basis to stay afloat & my husband wants to just walk away from our time shares too
I called a company called Sharp Innovations LLC that said they want $895.oo for promotional money to sell my timeshare that I could put on a credit card after looking over the contract they sent me that states I will get the money back if they do not sell it within 180 days no extra fees for anything & no small writing of any kind on the contract.They will pretty much be selling it for 1/2 of what I paid so it will pay off what I owe. I know everyone keeps saying don't pay upfront, but I can't find anything negative about this company on the internet & their website looks legite too
I don't know what to do either. I don't think that the resort will just leave us alone if we walk away from it & resell it. I am going to speak with my credit card company & ask them if I can have it taken off my credit if they do not sell in 180 days, I guess. Anyone else have any ideas???
In this economy, maybe 5% of timeshares will sell for half the original retail - most timeshares are selling for 0-10%
of original retail.
Once they have your money, and it doesn't sell (and it won't) how are you going to MAKE them refund it? Are you prepared to sue them? In 180 days it will be too late to dispute it with your credit card.
Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.
There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.
- the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)
- Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
To make it more attractive I would:
1) Pay 2011/12 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.
2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and is referring most business to Lisa Short for this service - 1.706.969.8906 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.
3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2011/12 for the new owner