• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getting money back on a deposit for an Addendum without any signed contracts

TheGent35

Reaction score
My family has a every other year "timeshare" with Tafer at Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta. We were roped into a 5 hour presentation and the salesperson was very convincing and was telling my parents how they had "made a mistake" and we actually got too good of a deal when they originally signed up. So that we had to buy more points with them as we'd be taking advantage of a great opportunity. We were all tired and so we verbally agreed and they took our information and my credit card information but did not sign any paperwork. (This was on the 16th 2 days ago now). When I got home and looked at the documents more clearly I realized that it did not make financial sense for us and decided to change my mind on the offer. I checked my bank and saw that they had already charged me the deposit.

I have been reading on these forums that you have 5 days to rescind an offer, but does that only apply to new contracts? Since this is an addendum to a previous contract I did not see a clause for cancelation. I didn't sign any documents so I should be entitled to a refund on the deposit no?

I'm sorry this is so long but wanted to see what options I should take as this is all new to me. Thank you for your help in advance.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @TheGent35
Welcome to TUG.
( As I understand it ) - The Mexican law that allows the 5 days to rescind a Timeshare purchase is actually a consumer protection law that governs all retail purchases made in Mexico. Profeco is the Mexican consumer protection agency that adjudicates the law.

(In my opinion ) -If Tafer - Gaza Blanca charged your credit card then a consumer purchase was made ; and you can rescind this purchase if you follow the time line rules,

Do so asap.

Keep date stamped copies
cc Profeco
Notify your credit card company

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you signed something, then you have a contract. Perhaps it is labeled as an addendum, but it is a contract to purchase something new. You need to rescind to get out of this and revert it back to what was previously owned.

I also don't understand why someone would agree to modify what they own when they were given something better than they should have received? That is just a lie anyway. Quite a common lie by Mexican timeshare salespeople.

TheGent35

Reaction score
If you signed something, then you have a contract. Perhaps it is labeled as an addendum, but it is a contract to purchase something new. You need to rescind to get out of this and revert it back to what was previously owned.

I also don't understand why someone would agree to modify what they own when they were given something better than they should have received? That is just a lie anyway. Quite a common lie by Mexican timeshare salespeople.
I haven't signed anything yet however, so don't know why they have already charged my card, this whole experience has been not fun

TheGent35

Reaction score
Hi @TheGent35
Welcome to TUG.
( As I understand it ) - The Mexican law that allows the 5 days to rescind a Timeshare purchase is actually a consumer protection law that governs all retail purchases made in Mexico. Profeco is the Mexican consumer protection agency that adjudicates the law.

(In my opinion ) -If Tafer - Gaza Blanca charged your credit card then a consumer purchase was made ; and you can rescind this purchase if you follow the time line rules,

Do so asap.

Keep date stamped copies
cc Profeco
Notify your credit card company
Do I need to send them an actual letter or would just email work?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you didn't sign anything, I don't see how they can charge your card. Do you have a credit card slip/receipt? If you signed nothing, not even a credit card receipt then this should be an easy charge to dispute with the credit card company. Perhaps this is just a pending hold and not a charge that will actually post?

TheGent35

Reaction score
If you didn't sign anything, I don't see how they can charge your card. Do you have a credit card slip/receipt? If you signed nothing, not even a credit card receipt then this should be an easy charge to dispute with the credit card company. Perhaps this is just a pending hold and not a charge that will actually post?
In the contract they have the credit card slip which required my signature, but not having signed anything I thought it wouldn't go through, but it just posted yesterday.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In the contract they have the credit card slip which required my signature, but not having signed anything I thought it wouldn't go through, but it just posted yesterday.
So you have a contract but the contract isn't signed? Did you sign anything electronically on a trackpad or tablet?

TheGent35

Reaction score
So you have a contract but the contract isn't signed? Did you sign anything electronically on a trackpad or tablet?
I have a contract but nothing was signed electronically to my knowledge, they just sent a docusign with all the paperwork. We left the resort before they could have us sign anything.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have a contract but nothing was signed electronically to my knowledge, they just sent a docusign with all the paperwork. We left the resort before they could have us sign anything.
And you didn't sign the docusign online? To be safe, you may still want to send a rescission letter to the address in the contract. It certainly can't hurt and ensures you are covered in the event they somehow think you have a signed contract and is an easier method to get out of the contract than fighting them if they think you signed.

TheGent35

Reaction score
And you didn't sign the docusign online? To be safe, you may still want to send a rescission letter to the address in the contract. It certainly can't hurt and ensures you are covered in the event they somehow think you have a signed contract and is an easier method to get out of the contract than fighting them if they think you signed.
I opened it but did not sign, the weird thing is there is no address and no section that states there is any way to rescind or cancel this addendum. This is why this whole situation has been weird and confusing. Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Do both -
The TUG Mexican Forum has numerous reports of [ some ] Mexican resorts accepting e-mail ; but doing both covers all bases.
Make sure to get a dated receipt and keep a paper copy.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I opened it but did not sign, the weird thing is there is no address and no section that states there is any way to rescind or cancel this addendum. This is why this whole situation has been weird and confusing. Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Be sure to go to your local Post Office and send it via USPS REGISTERED MAIL, and retain the Postmarked dated mailing receipt. AND as @T-Dot-Traveller recommended also send it via email.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
All you have to say is:

I/we wish to rescind contract signed on (date).

Signed,
Everyone that was listed on the agreement

TheGent35

Reaction score
All you have to say is:

I/we wish to rescind contract signed on (date).

Signed,
Everyone that was listed on the agreement
Awesome thank you,

Yeah it's just weird because we were charged the deposit before we even signed or agreed to anything. She showed me some options we said "we might be interested, just give us some time to think about it" she agreed and said "let me get your credit card info just so if we do sign everything we have something on file".

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I haven't signed anything yet however, so don't know why they have already charged my card, this whole experience has been not fun

Let your credit card company know this is fraud. Tell the resort that you cancelled the upgrade by letter, email or both. Let the resort know you are going to make a fraud claim if they persist.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank you guys for all your help! Just got contacted today that the charge will be refunded back to my card and I see the refund pending on my account. You guys just saved me $7300!

The contract was for a total of $70,000 as well.
Nice

$ 70,000 = 175 nights / 25 weeks in Puerto Vallarta at $ 400 a night .
[ Last winter the Westin and Marriott Hotels in the PV Marina were about $ 350 per night.]

Jaga75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Help please I signed a contract 24 hours at garza Blanc Mexico and must cancel
How do I do this while I’m still here please

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Help please I signed a contract 24 hours at garza Blanc Mexico and must cancel
How do I do this while I’m still here please
start with post 2!

also thanks for the heads up on this thread, id missed this rescission worth 70k!

please let us know what you saved too!