• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GC Getaways

ststock23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, RCI
Hi all,
I'm sure you've all heard this before. I'm trying to save my parents from making a bad decision. They own 5 weeks with Marriott, most of which are gold level and all based in Hilton Head. I'm new to the timeshare game. They went to a "seminar" held by GC Getaways and fell hook line and sinker. GC Getaways agreed to "buy" 3 of their weeks, (I'm not certain which ones) for a 1 time fee of $14,000!!! Yes they want my parents to pay them $14,000, with the promise that they can still use the weeks, but don't have to pay the maintenance fees (which are now about $1500 per unit). My parents are not well off, and are in their mid to late 70's. I need to give them some sound advice, with some resources. (I know, common sense is lacking) Has anyone dealt with this company (who has a D rating with the bbb). They signed papers, and didn't even get copies! Ugh, when children become the parents! Any help or advice is appreciated.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Oh no! Did they give them the money already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ststock23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, RCI
Oh no! Did they give them the money already?

Thankfully, no. But they were talking about putting it on a credit card!
[/Q

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I honestly do not have specific advice or legal advice but if they haven’t paid them yet that’s a good thing. I’d start by calling and asking for copies of what they signed and then review them and consult an attorney if needed? We have some much more experienced people here who will definitely offer more advice. Good luck!

ststock23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, RCI
I honestly do not have specific advice or legal advice but if they haven’t paid them yet that’s a good thing. I’d start by calling and asking for copies of what they signed and then review them and consult an attorney if needed? We have some much more experienced people here who will definitely offer more advice. Good luck!

Thanks!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Yikes.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

ststock23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, RCI
Has anyone heard of this company? Website is suspicious at best

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It’s a scam. Marriott has a deedback program. Have they contacted Marriott?

ststock23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, RCI
It’s a scam. Marriott has a deedback program. Have they contacted Marriott?
They have, but of course they weren’t happy with what Marriott would give them(or not give them)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
They have, but of course they weren’t happy with what Marriott would give them(or not give them)

Well whatever this scam company is telling them will never happen and they will be $14k poorer. Get more details from Marriott.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
*sigh* so many bad decisions

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from timesharesolutions on eBay. Agent worked for GC Getaways
Just another Exit Company out of Montgomery, Texas. It took awhile but I did get the TS.
They used LT Transfer as the closing agent. This was about a year ago

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Unless they own Disney, you will not recoup the original purchase price. Show them sale prices on their unit via RedWeek, EBay, and TUG. And compare w/ Marriott price. This what they should expect to receive.
If they want to sell, you can list on TUG and get rid of it. There is always someone who will is more than willing.