• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GC blocked. Allowances blocked. Booking blocked.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Plus, a little common sense, no HOA is willing to absorb "free housekeeping"; "someone" will pay
Not sure this is common sense. Marriott HOAs absorb the HK costs on some point based short stays

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Do we know who actually pays for the unlimited housekeeping? Does Wyndham pass housekeeping fees on to the resort HOAs when an owner pays them? If yes, do they pass on an equal amount of money when it is a free one for a VIP? Or does the HOA just pay for the "free" housekeeping by increasing the housekeeping line item in the annual budget?
My understanding, but only from reading on TUG years ago, was the cost of the VIP perks get billed back to the VIP program (things like housekeeping, discounts, and upgrades).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There are heavy-handed people on the FB group that I joined. I posted giveaways of my big Smoky Mountains contracts and that post was never allowed in the group. It never went live. Amy Pavlock, whom I believe is @paxsarah never gave me an explanation as to why my giveaway was not allowed on that group. I asked for transfer fees and closing costs through LT Transfers, but I am still paying fees until the transfer takes place.

I dislike social media.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There are heavy-handed people on the FB group that I joined. I posted giveaways of my big Smoky Mountains contracts and that post was never allowed in the group. It never went live. Amy Pavlock, whom I believe is @paxsarah never gave me an explanation as to why my giveaway was not allowed on that group. I asked for transfer fees and closing costs through LT Transfers, but I am still paying fees until the transfer takes place.

I dislike social media.
What do the group rules say about timeshare sales and giveaways? Some groups don't want any listings and are just there for information, questions and answers about how to use the timeshare. Are other sales and giveaways being posted in the group?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Not sure this is common sense. Marriott HOAs absorb the HK costs on some point based short stays
The Hoa's absorb it but then the owners at those resorts pay it through their Mf's. I would imagine at some point if members are averaging 2 and 3 night stays at certain resorts the HOA's will demand some sort of compensation from Abound coming from the annual fee, building in the housekeeping fees into the program fee just as Wyndham does with their program fee.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The Hoa's absorb it but then the owners at those resorts pay it through their Mf's. I would imagine at some point if members are averaging 2 and 3 night stays at certain resorts the HOA's will demand some sort of compensation from Abound coming from the annual fee, building in the housekeeping fees into the program fee just as Wyndham does with their program fee.
True, the owners are paying for it as they are the HOA. It has been 13 years and so far the only reimbursement HOAs receive for Marriott point based stays is when they are made using Trust points. Enrolled weeks point reservations aren't and any additional cleaning or front desk costs are taken on and paid for by owners. I only really took issue with the term "common sense". Common sense is thing like not putting your hand in the fire, not something as obscure as timeshare can be.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What do the group rules say about timeshare sales and giveaways? Some groups don't want any listings and are just there for information, questions and answers about how to use the timeshare. Are other sales and giveaways being posted in the group?
I have no idea what the group is for, except for a bunch of people talking about their various stays and upcoming stays. It seems kind of disorganized and not much point for a group that is supposedly helping owners. I see no way to invite my aunt who owns at Wyndham Branson and her daughter-in-law, who want to get advice on using their points and points I was hoping to give to my aunt's kids.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

I dislike social media.
I’m not Amy Pavlock, and actually I’ve joined and left that group several times because occasionally she and one of the other mods in that group have gotten on my nerves (totally my problem, not theirs, which is why I quietly dipped out of there).

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m not Amy Pavlock, and actually I’ve joined and left that group several times because occasionally she and one of the other mods in that group have gotten on my nerves (totally my problem, not theirs, which is why I quietly dipped out of there).
Well, that is actually good news to me. I am glad I am not the only one. Maybe Richelle has answers as to why I cannot post my giveaway there. I think a group helping owners should allow people to give away points to other owners. They know what they are getting into. What better way to help other owners?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Well, that is actually good news to me. I am glad I am not the only one. Maybe Richelle has answers as to why I cannot post my giveaway there. I think a group helping owners should allow people to give away points to other owners. They know what they are getting into. What better way to help other owners?

That group is where I found takers for the six resale contracts I listed in a post last February. I still see other people offering/selling contracts in that group. Maybe she didn't like how you worded your post?

That group often gets on my last nerve.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Adding @Richelle may can comment as it relates to your inquiry - assuming you are referring to the "Owners helping owners" FB group which she is an admin/mod for.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Unless it's something obvious, we typically leave notes as to why it was something that was denied. I do not know your Facebook name, so I have no way of going back into the log to see why it was denied.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have no idea what the group is for, except for a bunch of people talking about their various stays and upcoming stays. It seems kind of disorganized and not much point for a group that is supposedly helping owners. I see no way to invite my aunt who owns at Wyndham Branson and her daughter-in-law, who want to get advice on using their points and points I was hoping to give to my aunt's kids.
I am not sure what you mean by disorganized, but we do manage a group of 39k members. Maybe when you do that, you can tell us how we can be more organized. The admins talk to each other when they need to be on the same page with something. We offer very few exceptions to the rules so that it's fair to everyone. We are pretty consistent on the moderation, so I am not sure what you mean by disorganized.

The group is there to allow people to ask questions. We typically deny posts where their sole purpose is to complain (not help or ask for advice) or to stir the pot. It also gives them an opportunity to rent their reservations or occasionally sell or give away their timeshares.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I am not sure what you mean by disorganized, but we do manage a group of 39k members. Maybe when you do that, you can tell us how we can be more organized. The admins talk to each other when they need to be on the same page with something. We offer very few exceptions to the rules so that it's fair to everyone. We are pretty consistent on the moderation, so I am not sure what you mean by disorganized.

The group is there to allow people to ask questions. We typically deny posts where their sole purpose is to complain (not help or ask for advice) or to stir the pot. It also gives them an opportunity to rent their reservations or occasionally sell or give away their timeshares.
I think facebook in general tends to seem disorganized. Just a constant stream of collective conciousness in my opinion. My wife follows Owners Helping Owners and other Wyndham facebook groups. Today she was hoping to show me pictures she had seen the day before and scrolled forever to find them.

You must be doing something right to keep her and 39k other followers engaged!

Bob

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I think facebook in general tends to seem disorganized. Just a constant stream of collective conciousness in my opinion. My wife follows Owners Helping Owners and other Wyndham facebook groups. Today she was hoping to show me pictures she had seen the day before and scrolled forever to find them.

You must be doing something right to keep her and 39k other followers engaged!

Bob
If she had not already tried it, show her the search option in the group. If the post had the resort name on it, she can search for that resort and choose “most recent”. It could save her some time and headache.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
If she had not already tried it, show her the search option in the group. If the post had the resort name on it, she can search for that resort and choose “most recent”. It could save her some time and headache.

There's also the "Save Post" function within FB so you can save posts for future reference easily. I do this quite often when I see a post that I want to share or think I will want to reference at a later time - then once I reference it or share it - I remove it as a Saved Post.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
If they screw with point discounts it's time to leave. We've been owner going on thirty years so when owning isn't beneficial anymore I'm gone. Our ownership paid for itself many times over so I lose nothing by leaving.
We are in the same situation. Old timers former Founders in the close to 30 year ownership range. Over the past 10 years, we've seen our benefits plummet. When we purchased we went over every contract word by word and questioned our personal sales rep and other owner's updaters (ha ha) about specifics. Unsurprisingly, they did not tell the truth. The funny part is that Wyndham did operate more than fairly for close to 20 years and then little by little took things away. We used to tell folks how great Wyndham/Fairfield was but at that 10 year line of demarcation and after talking to many Wyndham friends, we can't say that anymore.

My advice to anyone considering timeshare ownership is, " Let the buyer beware ". Torture, one step at a time, is painful and we are close to the point of getting rid of our timeshares after many wonderful moments leading into many problems that old timers don't need.

Note: This is just my personal but factual opinion and is not meant to be dissected by other posters with questions, comments, or nastiness. No response will be forthcoming so please don't waste your time and mine. Thank you. For informational purposes only.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the sales weasels new lie and angle for old VIP membership:

At check-in I said no to attend an update. Someone, a sales weasel I think, looked at my reservation and told me VIP owners will lose VIP benefits so I need to attend. I knew it was a lie, but I thought it would be fun to hear what they have to say. So I agreed to attend.

The new angle is, older VIP accounts will lose benefits if no new purchases are recorded. Since my VIP Platinum account goes back to 1995 with no purchases since then I'll lose my VIP benefits this year.

I asked why and was told older VIP benefits are not permanent so I need to purchase154K point to renew it. I asked if that was policy and if so I'd like to see it in print. Long story short, it's not in print because it only applies to older VIP accounts. I said, that doesn't make sense. He brought in another weasel with the same story. My sixty minutes were up so I said, nice try and good bye then walked out. This appears to be another lie with an angle.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You stop comments on various posts, when I am trying to answer a comment and you are just generally heavy-handed with the moderation of posts. Just today, I was trying to figure out why an owner was charged $6.00 per day at Kingsgate, since we have an upcoming trip. I see that comments have been stopped. That is heavy moderation. It's very controlling of free speech, and it's not even Facebook doing it, it's your little group of control freaks.

I was very specific with my post when I offered contracts for free, which I think some people on that group would be interested in taking before I deed them back to Wyndham.

I am glad TUG is not like this because I wouldn't want to be a member, if this was the case.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also cannot invite anyone to the group. And my Dolphin's Cove rental for 3/18 has not shown up, and I assume I didn't add all of the TEENY WEENY details to the post that you think it should have. I didn't get any explanation as to why my rental post didn't get seen by anyone. I see no PM's telling me why you denied my request.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So my Dolphin's Cove is showing on the Facebook Wyndham group. I was wrong about that. I am apparently unable to see it because it gets buried easily. There are a huge number of owners in that group.

I am disappointed that my week has not rented, but I haven't given up hope yet. I need to put my daughter on it. She is the one that gets things done, not me.