• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gasoline Shortage in Nashville?

imjustme

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should post this here or on the travel board, but I figure some of you must live in the Nashville area and perhaps can tell me--We are checking into the Wyndham Nashville on Sunday October 5, but I saw on the news two nights ago that there is a shortage of gas in the mid-south and some stations don't even have any. They mentioned Nashville in the report. I called the Wyndham yesterday and the guy I spoke to said yes, there's a shortage, but things are slowly getting better. We usually fly into wherever we're going and then rent a car, but this time we're driving from Oklahoma. Our friends from England are joining us and of course have made their flight reservations and can't back out now. So my question is--how bad is the gas shortage in Nashville? I don't know what we can do now that it's too late to cancel, but I'm wondering how much misery we're going to run into. Price per gallon isn't as much of a problem as availability or lack thereof.

Jean

dukebigtom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can not speak for Nashville specifically, but the gas shortage in some areas is very real. I talked with a friend in Charlotte, NC yesterday and she said that many stations were closed completely. She had checked from Charlotte to Columbia, SC and couldn't find gas. She told her daughter who was coming up from Florida to cancel her trip and not take the chance.

The best source of info I would think would be to call Triple A (AAA) or the local chamber of commerce or travel bureau. I'd opt for AAA because they track these kinds of things. They may be able to give you insights for areas not only at your destination, but all along your travel route.

BigTom

Abaco-Bob

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Our Daughter lives in N'ville and yes there is a shortage. Last weekend she waited 20 min in line at Sam's club to buy her gas.

I just IM'd her and she says "I haven't seen as many closed stations and long lines as this week progressed. We had heard last weekend when it was the worst that as of Sunday the pipes were actually back open, and we should be evened out by Wed. Seems to have held true as of now. Another week and they shouldn't even notice other than the high prices, but that's everywhere!"

Hope this helps with your planning

Abaco-Bob

Traveling the West

imjustme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanx, thanx, thanx

I really appreciate your responses. Checking with AAA never occurred to me, and I'll do that. But I'm happy to hear that it does seem to be getting a bit better, just as the guy at Wyndham said. You all are the best.

Jean

vkrn

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you hear any more. I am arriving in Nashville on Oct 5 also and would be concerned. I only live 3 hours away, but still. . .

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just drove through Nashville. I didn't see any stations closed, but the prices were significantly higher than in other areas of the state. Where it was 3.63 in Pigeon Forge it was more like 3.89 in the Nashville area. I think by Oct. 5 the crisis will be over.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Same...

I can not speak for Nashville specifically, but the gas shortage in some areas is very real. I talked with a friend in Charlotte, NC yesterday and she said that many stations were closed completely. She had checked from Charlotte to Columbia, SC and couldn't find gas. She told her daughter who was coming up from Florida to cancel her trip and not take the chance.

BigTom

This happened to hubby last night as he tried find gas between Charlotte and Columbia on his way to Charleston. He did find one Hess station open between Rock Hill and Columbia and after waiting in line for 20 minutes, got some.

We have to drive back to NC from Charleston tomorrow in two cars! I've already topped off this morning as there seems to be no problem in Charleston.

John37130

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it

I live in Murfreesboro, which is about 30 miles southeast of Nashville. Last weekend there were some shortages, and as soon as the TV and radio stations started playing it up, there was a run on the gas stations. Everyone decided to fill their tank, prices shot up, and many of the stations ran out of gas over the weekend.

During the past week the prices have come down a bit, and gas stations have received additional supplies. The lines we saw last weekend are gone.

Have a great time in Nashville!

imjustme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas in Nashville

Just to let you know--I phoned Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau this morning and asked them if they're still having a gasoline problem, and was informed that things are back to normal unless you need premium gas. Thanks again, everyone.

Jean

JimJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back last night from Myrtle Beach, SC, so drove across all of SC, GA, Al, MS, an half of LA. I tried to not let the gas get below half empty. Stopped at a few places where there was no gas, and quite a few that had "regular only". Highest price we saw was $4.19 for regular (which i refused to pay. Mostly paid between $3.69-$3.89. Saw it here at home today at $3.51.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NJ today gas could be found at $3.15:)

Of course, who has cash or credit NOW?:(