• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gaslamp Plaza Suites - San Diego - FREE

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort (Carlsbad, CA)
Gaslamp Plaza Suites (San Diego, CA)
520 E Street
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 232-9500
www.gaslampplaza.com

Associated with www.vriresorts.com

1 Float week, 2Br Hotel unit / Studio with King (called both terms)

Maintenance Fees - Paid up to 2023, will pay 2024 $625

Weeks deposited into RCI - > 60 points available for trade

Last edited by a moderator:

RX8

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Very good deal for anyone who likes downtown San Diego.

dzm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seven coves
I’m interested. Is this ad deed week, and are there any special assessments pending association, discussion or invoicing?

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interested! Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Hi, I think the next step is to find a title transfer company - I am new to this, and have all the paperwork but haven't transferred before. You were the first but I need a moment to figure out next steps

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't know about VRI and Capital, have only been depositing weeks - still need to deal with 2024.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I think the next step is to find a title transfer company - I am new to this, and have all the paperwork but haven't transferred before. You were the first but I need a moment to figure out next steps
Most people on this forum will recommend LT Transfers

The are cheap, reliable and upfront on the cost if you are looking for a company.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
1 Float week, 2Bed Hotel unit / Studio with King (called both terms)

Maintenance Fees - Paid up to 2023, will pay 2024 $625

Sorry. My comments related to a different size unit so I have deleted so as to not create confusion

Last edited:

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just a couple clarifications:

The 2024 maintenance fees for the 2BR was $846

When deposited with RCI, the 2BR can be split as a 1BR sleeps 4 and a hotel sleeps 2. The 1BR currently gets a maximum of 47 TPUs (for a prime summer week) and the hotel side maxes out at 41 TPUs for a total of 88 TPUs. If depositing the 2BR as a whole, it only gets 51 TPUs (currently). You do have to specifically request the unit be split in 2 halves as each part has a separate reservation number (and have to be available).

It's a great trader of TPUs when split
This is not a 2 bedroom, it's a studio with two beds I believe. I have not actually been there, have only traded, so you may know more than me. But it's usually called a studio or hotel unit

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
considering the confusion right from the get go, it might be best to request a moderator to remove this thread and start over with complete and accurate info.

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
considering the confusion right from the get go, it might be best to request a moderator to remove this thread and start over with complete and accurate info.
It has been quite confusing working with the timeshare folks, thus my wanting to give my timeshares away. They are not really trained to be very helpful. I tried to copy their exact words on my timeshare unit --> "1 Float week, 2Bed Hotel unit / Studio with King (called both terms)" . But I can try again.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
It has been quite confusing working with the timeshare folks, thus my wanting to give my timeshares away. They are not really trained to be very helpful. I tried to copy their exact words on my timeshare unit --> "1 Float week, 2Bed Hotel unit / Studio with King (called both terms)" . But I can try again.
I think the term "2Bed" has been construed as a 2BR, rather than 2 beds in a hotel unit, which has caused the confusion here in this thread.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have sent you a PM. Just get an estoppel by calling resort and ask to speak with management, you will need it anyway, it will have all the details.

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have sent you a PM. Just get an estoppel by calling resort and ask to speak with management, you will need it anyway, it will have all the details.
thank you

tsnikki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My apologies for the lack of replies. I will be working on this in the coming weeks, adding more details and responding to those who have expressed interest. I was an unwilling partner (ended up shelling out a lot of $$ after lack of payment affected my credit rating) in these and have a really hard time dealing with the necessities now that I am the sole owner. Thus my desire to give them away.